Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed) >

Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MallenP30
I have always heard Futaba is better for range but I've always used Spektrum and haven't had any issues! I'm currently running a Spektrum 4C with a 4ch Spektrum rx with built in gyro(avc), haven't done a range test but let's put it this way, I have 20/20 vision and I've had my cars so far away to where I could barely see them/don't know which way they're facing! If I'm able to run my cars as far as I can possibly see that's far enough for me!
You playing with fire Mike. I hope when you find a longer road you will consider upgrading to Futaba. Wouldn't wanna see anything bad happen to that Mugen from going out of range at full speed. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2016, 05:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tc4basher
You playing with fire Mike. I hope when you find a longer road you will consider upgrading to Futaba. Wouldn't wanna see anything bad happen to that Mugen from going out of range at full speed. Good luck!
Lmao literally eating my words! I tried taking it a lil further yesterday at my usual spot and what do you know, lost range and the car went off the side of the road and smashed into a storage container! No damage at all though, just a small crack in the body so I got extremely lucky! They have the 3PM-X with Rx for $190 I'll most likely end up getting
Old 05-09-2016, 05:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lmao literally eating my words! I tried taking it a lil further yesterday at my usual spot and what do you know, lost range and the car went off the side of the road and smashed into a storage container! No damage at all though, just a small crack in the body so I got extremely lucky! They have the 3PM-X with Rx for $190 I'll most likely end up getting
Oh and just before that I had a brand new GRP velocity blow out on me only going 103 when they're rated at 160mph, it was my 4th pass on them! Don't they have some type of guarantee with the velocity tires?
Old 05-09-2016, 05:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Oh and just before that I had a brand new GRP velocity blow out on me only going 103 when they're rated at 160mph, it was my 4th pass on them! Don't they have some type of guarantee with the velocity tires?
Also changed the gearing up a lil "even bigger" and the car got slower, it's probably just because I don't have enough road because on paper it should definitely have more top end! Needless to say it was a Shitty weekend with the Mugen!
Old 05-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Also changed the gearing up a lil "even bigger" and the car got slower, it's probably just because I don't have enough road because on paper it should definitely have more top end! Needless to say it was a Shitty weekend with the Mugen!
Sorry to hear that Mike. You dont wanna go cheap on radio after spending all that on the Mugen lol. Glad to hear damage wasnt too bad. You're gonna like the Futaba. You will defintely need more road than the one you use with more gear. Good luck with the new road search.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry to hear that Mike. You dont wanna go cheap on radio after spending all that on the Mugen lol. Glad to hear damage wasnt too bad. You're gonna like the Futaba. You will defintely need more road than the one you use with more gear. Good luck with the new road search.
I ended up getting the 4PLS since helipal had a special that came with 2 rx's instead of just one
Old 05-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

I ended up getting the 4PLS since helipal had a special that came with 2 rx's instead of just one
Nice! I dont think you will ever go back from Futaba.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice! I dont think you will ever go back from Futaba.
Where in the bay do you do these speed runs? Man that car moves .
Old 05-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mustangman50
Where in the bay do you do these speed runs? Man that car moves .
Thanks man. We run in Hayward, CA every weekend. You from the bay?
Old 05-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default World's Fastest Kyosho...

My Kyosho Inferno GT2 VE running a Poseidon 1700kv on 8s.

https://youtu.be/qfXE0v-bhOU
Old 05-12-2016, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks man. We run in Hayward, CA every weekend. You from the bay?
Yeah I got a buggy not nearly as fast but holy shit thoses things are real impressive . I'm from San Bruno
Old 05-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah I got a buggy not nearly as fast but holy shit thoses things are real impressive . I'm from San Bruno
Thanks man. One of my mottos is, "If it ain't fast, it ain't fun!"
Old 05-12-2016, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks man. One of my mottos is, "If it ain't fast, it ain't fun!"
LOL I bet what type of gps to record speed do you have? Any recommendations ?
Old 05-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

LOL I bet what type of gps to record speed do you have? Any recommendations ?
I use Garmin forerunner GPS. They work great!
Old 05-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Simply amazing stuff fella's. Im just getting started (literally), just traded a Clodbuster for an XO-1 yesterday. Its stock but unlocked, bot didnt end up getting the splitter and canards with it, so wont be making any passes til I get them! I know you guys seem to be running Mugens and Kyoshos, but Im not trying to set any records, just competing with myself lol. Planning to get a {Leopard 5682 1360KV as an upgrade starting point to run 8S passes. Any suggestions as to what ESC to run? Thanks all! Brandon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.