2015 ROAR On Road Nito Super Regionals Region 1&2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 ROAR On Road Nito Super Regionals Region 1&2

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 04:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I also think that two days before the race is a little to early to call the race. The weatherman is not always a 100% correct in in his forecast. I think the best thing would have been to wait for Saturday morning and then make a decision.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think you guys know me long enuff and well enuff that I try to take everybody into consideration when making a decision and if u didn't know now u do.i also know u guys know by now that u can not and never will make everyone happy or sometimes have the perfect situation. I understand that 1 or 2 of u can not make next week race. and I don't want to say that u guys are being selfish and just thinking of yourselves and trying to force this into a 1 day event just so u can race. I think you just don't understand and your not taking into consideration all the other factors that go into the decision, a few cant make next week but what about the other 70 or so racers that are traveling here and paying 50 bucks to race and don't want to have a great event like this forced into 1 day and have no practice or only 2 quals or short mains cause a few cant make it, the majority of guys don't mind waiting for better weather also because its September snow is not coming next week we have time if it rains all next weekend we can do it the following weekend. walo this is a regional which means guys from just our regions, this is not like great lakes where people are flying in from all over so yes there race must go on, 90% of our guys are local so there is no reason to force it other then u cant make the next weekend and I feel bad for the few that cant but there is also other factors, like tom said a lot of money has been laid out if we force it and have a light turnout what do I tell the people I have hired to run and tech the race and so on, sorry trophys and other fees get paid first we will send u a check next year. again I told u all this year there is no one making money off of Floyd other then getting paid for the work they do there is still a few dollars owed from previous events and no one is making a profit off of this event but with it being one of the last races of the season and the money spent to run this event im going to be dam sure no one who has laid out funds this season is going to get stuck being owed money..also people say y so early to make the call there are some guys that have booked hotel rooms to come in for this and some hotels have 24-48 hour cancelation policy so again I have to take that into account so they don't loose money on rooms. I don't expect a lot of u to take all this into consideration because you are just racing and not working behind the scenes to understand whats involved, I was back and forth all day yesterday communicating with different people to make a decision. so try to take into consideration of the other racers and the bigger picture that's involved. again I am sorry and feel for all of us... and if it turns out sunny all weekend u wont see me no more either I will be in hiding as for I might get lynched at Floyd!! I can only go on what I see as of right now still the same spotty showers late afternoon Saturday steady rain overnight Saturday into most of the day sunday......... thanks
Old 09-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

glad I didn't have to make this decision. Tough call to make on the part of those involved, but in the end its going to be the right decision to give those traveling time to adjust their schedules.

Although the forecasts are never 100% accurate, looking at the doppler there is a call for 60% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday and 80% on Sunday.

What that means is its going to rain somewhere in the doppler circle. It may not be raining in downtown Brooklyn but it could be raining less than a mile away (ie: Floyd). The 80% on Sunday means that that 80% of the 5-mile circle around the area you search will have rain. Now this percentage can change or Floyd falls in the 20% area and gets nothing but the percentage is too take a chance so the decision to postpone based on the latest information is best for the majority of racers.

Believe me, no one is more pissed at this than me, as its f'ing beautiful out right now and I'm now having to try and reschedule my race calendar for next weekend as I pushed off my family obligations that were scheduled for this weekend to next weekend to race the regional. Now I'm stuck trying to figure it all out. Hopefully, I can get out to Floyd next Sunday and bump up...

Thanks to all the guys behind to scenes who make this happen. Now all you need is to convince the parks department to let us have one of those old aircraft hangers to race... problems solved!!!!!
Old 09-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well said Ralph !!!!
Guys, this is the First FBF race that has been postponed this whole season !!! For sure, your bosses can understand.....
Nobody will dare lynch you Ralph, not while BERT(Feds) is there..lol... BIG BROTHER IS ALWAYS PRESENT AT FBF !!!!
Old 09-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

I just wanted to say that I appreciate the information on the race be provided in a timely fashion because I am in the category, as a ROAR member, who is traveling to FB for the regional. I have to make hotel reservations and cancel them in time so not to have my card charged, I would hate to have driven from Washington, D.C., to FB just to stand in the rain so that I don't miss a great opportunity to run my 1/8 scales. I am so thankful that there is a track available and afforded to me to race and be unite with my friends during the summer season. I am not at a level of being competitive (skill level) in 1/8 nitro, I am not like I use to be, but I want to have fun.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
glad I didn't have to make this decision. Tough call to make on the part of those involved, but in the end its going to be the right decision to give those traveling time to adjust their schedules.

Although the forecasts are never 100% accurate, looking at the doppler there is a call for 60% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday and 80% on Sunday.

What that means is its going to rain somewhere in the doppler circle. It may not be raining in downtown Brooklyn but it could be raining less than a mile away (ie: Floyd). The 80% on Sunday means that that 80% of the 5-mile circle around the area you search will have rain. Now this percentage can change or Floyd falls in the 20% area and gets nothing but the percentage is too take a chance so the decision to postpone based on the latest information is best for the majority of racers.

Believe me, no one is more pissed at this than me, as its f'ing beautiful out right now and I'm now having to try and reschedule my race calendar for next weekend as I pushed off my family obligations that were scheduled for this weekend to next weekend to race the regional. Now I'm stuck trying to figure it all out. Hopefully, I can get out to Floyd next Sunday and bump up...

Thanks to all the guys behind to scenes who make this happen. Now all you need is to convince the parks department to let us have one of those old aircraft hangers to race... problems solved!!!!!
Carl they all ready said I can have the hanger in the back but we need 500k to renovate the building they told me!!!
Old 09-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
I think you guys know me long enuff and well enuff that I try to take everybody into consideration when making a decision and if u didn't know now u do.i also know u guys know by now that u can not and never will make everyone happy or sometimes have the perfect situation. I understand that 1 or 2 of u can not make next week race. and I don't want to say that u guys are being selfish and just thinking of yourselves and trying to force this into a 1 day event just so u can race. I think you just don't understand and your not taking into consideration all the other factors that go into the decision, a few cant make next week but what about the other 70 or so racers that are traveling here and paying 50 bucks to race and don't want to have a great event like this forced into 1 day and have no practice or only 2 quals or short mains cause a few cant make it, the majority of guys don't mind waiting for better weather also because its September snow is not coming next week we have time if it rains all next weekend we can do it the following weekend. walo this is a regional which means guys from just our regions, this is not like great lakes where people are flying in from all over so yes there race must go on, 90% of our guys are local so there is no reason to force it other then u cant make the next weekend and I feel bad for the few that cant but there is also other factors, like tom said a lot of money has been laid out if we force it and have a light turnout what do I tell the people I have hired to run and tech the race and so on, sorry trophys and other fees get paid first we will send u a check next year. again I told u all this year there is no one making money off of Floyd other then getting paid for the work they do there is still a few dollars owed from previous events and no one is making a profit off of this event but with it being one of the last races of the season and the money spent to run this event im going to be dam sure no one who has laid out funds this season is going to get stuck being owed money..also people say y so early to make the call there are some guys that have booked hotel rooms to come in for this and some hotels have 24-48 hour cancelation policy so again I have to take that into account so they don't loose money on rooms. I don't expect a lot of u to take all this into consideration because you are just racing and not working behind the scenes to understand whats involved, I was back and forth all day yesterday communicating with different people to make a decision. so try to take into consideration of the other racers and the bigger picture that's involved. again I am sorry and feel for all of us... and if it turns out sunny all weekend u wont see me no more either I will be in hiding as for I might get lynched at Floyd!! I can only go on what I see as of right now still the same spotty showers late afternoon Saturday steady rain overnight Saturday into most of the day sunday......... thanks
WHATEVER , , .
Old 09-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It appears to be clear skies tomorrow up until 7pm but as for Sunday it seems and though rain on and off through out the day. Mother nature can be brutal at times. Smh
Old 09-11-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by walo
WHATEVER , , .

I still love u walo!!!: blush::b lush::bl ush:
Old 09-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Lots of love under the 80% chance of rain Saturday.....lol..... Good call Ralph.... Maybe then walo can finally TQ and Win...lol... I did mention to Tom that the weather was going to be a concern... I guess I can predict rain ....lol...
Old 09-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Yes
Bert told me that!
Here's the Floyd Bennett weather website to check yourselfhttp://www.wunderground.com/US/NY/Ny...tt_Field).html
Old 09-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

2 os used r2101. Great shape low fuel on both

200.00each. 350.00for both I spare new rod included

Murnan mod 2101 sp pre run. Never in car

Maxpower 2094 pipes. 40 each
Old 09-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Serpent 977 wc for sale. 1 full race season on it. $300 takes it. Ton of spare parts included.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

415 and it's raining at floyd good call walo you right we would of been done by now!!!
Old 09-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

It started drizzling at FBF(my home) at 12:07pm... Good call Ralph... I guess GOD(the fake one) did not want someone(w..o) to race....lol...

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 09-12-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.