Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 ROAR On Road Nito Super Regionals Region 1&2

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

guys the race has been postponed till next weekend 9/19 and 20th too much chance of rain thou out the weekend.. thanks
Old 09-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
guys the race has been postponed till next weekend 9/19 and 20th too much chance of rain thou out the weekend.. thanks
Why? . Many of us have raced around the country with higher percentages of rain and the show went on. Today is only Thursday and Saturday still looks good. Do we have any other options Ralph ?
Old 09-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Can we VOTE on this weekend's race? .
Old 09-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
Ralph, although I understand the concern, the issue is there is no guarantee the following weekend will be any better. Friday afternoon is suppose to be clearing in the afternoon and the weekend is a spotty forecast. I'm sure many racers moved around their schedules for this weekend. If the decision is already final, I hope the weather holds out for the following weekend. I'm sure the word is getting around.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

they make rain tires for GT?
Old 09-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good call Ralph... I think next weekend is going to be clear....
More time to practice....lol.... Cheers....
Old 09-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Ralph, although I understand the concern, the issue is there is no guarantee the following weekend will be any better. Friday afternoon is suppose to be clearing in the afternoon and the weekend is a spotty forecast. I'm sure many racers moved around their schedules for this weekend. If the decision is already final, I hope the weather holds out for the following weekend. I'm sure the word is getting around.
I agree with you on this one Carl . I think this can be a single day event and be completed on Saturday. Everyone who is serious about this regional event will be there at the start of the event (Saturday). I have raced when the percentages of rain was higher. A few week ago we weathered the storm and ran the race at Floyd Bennett field. The mains were shorten, but we raced and had a good time.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walo
Why? . Many of us have raced around the country with higher percentages of rain and the show went on. Today is only Thursday and Saturday still looks good. Do we have any other options Ralph ?
I also think this decision was made too early walo. Big ralph no punches thrown at you because with out you we would not have raced at floyd this season. Right now it appears that the weather can get better with all the rain were getting now. We should watch the weather tomorrow and then see what happens. Racing this weekend would be great weather permitting. If not I'm done for the season. Fingers crossed for descent weather this weekend.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

There are many factors that go into running a race like this that people don't realize. The overall cost of this race is $3,500. We bought nice trophies and plaques, free T Shirts plus we had to purchase some necessary items for the race. The entry fees have been low all year and think about what you pay elsewhere.
Pulling the plug on this race is not an easy decision to make. For the greater good of most racers we decided to rely on the forecasts. We are required to have 45 minute A Mains. There is really not enough time to do this in one day. Postponing the race is a personal hardship for me because I had something already planned for next week; however I will change my plans. There are some of you that will come rain or shine, but that's not true of everyone. We can't hold a race like this and have only 40 people show up. That decision was made by the race organizers who are the ones holding the bag. Nobody wants to postpone anything but a decision had to be made.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tbaffer
There are many factors that go into running a race like this that people don't realize. The overall cost of this race is $3,500. We bought nice trophies and plaques, free T Shirts plus we had to purchase some necessary items for the race. The entry fees have been low all year and think about what you pay elsewhere.
Pulling the plug on this race is not an easy decision to make. For the greater good of most racers we decided to rely on the forecasts. We are required to have 45 minute A Mains. There is really not enough time to do this in one day. Postponing the race is a personal hardship for me because I had something already planned for next week; however I will change my plans. There are some of you that will come rain or shine, but that's not true of everyone. We can't hold a race like this and have only 40 people show up. That decision was made by the race organizers who are the ones holding the bag. Nobody wants to postpone anything but a decision had to be made.
I'm aware of the factors that go into the planning of an event like this. 45 minute A-mains may be a requirement by roar. However, if a roar event is in progress and rain is in the forecast, the times are adjusted accordingly. To be honest, I don't think this event would have more than 80 single entries. We have had single day events with more entries and finished by 6 p.m. I think the organizers should come up with better contingency plans to keep original dates (JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER TRACK) and reduce the event running time. As always, I will respect your decision. Unfortunately, I have exhausted all my vacations day for this season ender (Super Regionals Race). Thanks for a good season. See you guys next season.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I respect you guys decision. Thanks to all the race organizers and racers it was great race season. I have exhausted all my vacation time as well. See you guys next season.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Vacation time or not I'd rather lie to my loser Boss, and make this race, but that's just me.....lol... I never take vacations, by the way, unless I'm fired....ahahah... In that case, ATM snatching(BK style) is the next best thing, but I am racing no matter what.....lol... See you all on the 19th......
Old 09-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

The race should go on as scheduled. Bert your not considered a racer so u wont be missed. Stay home
Old 09-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

I am a "FREE" racer !!! The best way to live and race...BK/FBF is my Home, not the BX.......

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 09-10-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hopefully the race organizers decide to give it a shot this weekend or I am likely out for next week as well. I understand the investment/commitment and time that goes into an event like this so I don't want to be critical with the decision to move the race but we may want to revisit the pros vs cons of moving it as opposed to giving it a go this weekend especially since the forecast indicates that we may be able to get it in. Either way I will support the decision as I understand we have no control over the weather. If we keep the postponed date good luck to those racing next weekend.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.