Wiki Posts
Search

Sept17th Rosewood,NC Warmup Race

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Jairo- BOOYAU, there you have it, a ride and a room with somebody to split each, AND a waived late fee. I'll see you at my house on Tuesday by 3:00pm .

Jairo - I really don't see any way out of the Nats now! I think we have you covered! Come on man NO EXCUSES!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Still running the Spektrum. After the repair it has worked flawless! But I am still not 100% sure of it on carpet! I will be trying it in a few months for that.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think carpet is gonna start sometime in October.

No late fee. Cool. I'm still up in the air about the Nats. Gotta see my finances here in the few weeks. That and if I have company, maybe not.

Jairo is MIA!!
Old 09-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow... im gone for a week and things go crazy everywhere.

I thought I would take a week off after the beating a I gave a couple of people.

As for the Nats, I'm still up in the air as well. Should be able to make a decision soon though. I'll keep everyone posted.

The longer I race the less I care about making changes all the time. Spray, no spray, 27's, etc..If you like racing you will try and make it as even as possible. Thats why im out of the Mini Cooper class.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Well Mini Coopers for me is just for fun and hacking everyone I can. Laurie and I had the easy chance to win Saturday. But we pulled over and let everyone catch up. I'm sure though, there will be a few guys who will try to be hard core and win it all. But I'm sorry to say, I'll have to put them into the wall...

You coming out this weekend Jairo? I think I'm gonna make the Yok my Mod car. This'll save the wear and tear on my Evo's drive train... Oh yeah, if you are looking for aluminum steering knuckles for the Yok (like mine), PrecisionRC now has them in stock. Under $20.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Rookie

confusion !!!!

There seems be some wires crossed. No one has said not to spray the track.
I for one would like to give it a try. I was just thinking that if there was going to be people that were going to practice on Friday it would be good to spray the track on Friday too. The only thing I remember on the Friday night that we ate at Logan's was Brandon bringing up the idea and offering to lend his sprayer. And everyone seemed at that time o.k. with it and to pay there share on the cost.. I do not remember any mention as to who was going to do the work. So I assumed that Brandon was going to bring his sprayer and then we would all pitch in and spray the track. I did not know at that point that He was not going to come on Friday to practice.So all I was trying to work it out was to prep the track on Friday but I did not want to spray the track if any plans had changed. George and I will be there on Friday at 12:00 to work on the track to make it as good as possible and even going to work on the carpet layout. May be a few others will show up for Friday if for nothing else to hang out.Hope everyone has a good week Laurie
Old 09-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Gee, I wonder why you chose that name Laurie?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey lightning, good to see you on here. I wish you drove it to the track more often, I miss staring at it.

My info was that you guys didn't want to do it at all if it couldn't be done Friday. I would still volunteer to do it. Fact of the matter is, now it will be alot cheaper than the VHT we were talking about using. If you guys don't mind it being done Sat morning, cool. If you guys want to pratice on it Friday, I guess you'll have to find a sprayer, sorry .

It won't make a night and day difference, don't feel like it will throw off everything about your car on Sat morning. It will just make it feel that much better. Please give me the word ASAP on what you would like me to do. If I will be spending most of Sat morning spraying, I need to wrench this week before I get there. Would just like to know.

My concern was that Friday was causing a problem that didn't want to be compromised.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
If I will be spending most of Sat morning spraying, I need to wrench this week before I get there. Would just like to know.

It should only take 20 minutes to spray that track. Just make sure that someone blows off the dust before you spray it. And you don't have to spray the whole track, just the racing line and about 3 feet to the inside and outside of that line.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

FYI: Lowes sells deck sprayers, styled like a regular sprayer, but have a larger nozzle than a normal insecticide sprayer, so it wont clog. They are like 10$. Youll find them in the paint department.

- DaveW
Old 09-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Just think, if it works good, we can use the sprayer to put down a niftech groove on the new carpet layout for mega byte, J/K.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Sprayer no need just do what Andrew Gray does at Mimis...Scotch gaurd instant bite....

Looks like mother nature plans to do the spraying friday...see ya'll saturday
Old 09-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Lightning- If you are staying Fri. Let me know! I will come down Fri. and split a room and we can work on the track If Mother Nature doesn't do it for us....

OH what am I saying..... after I hit this $200,000,000 Lotto tonight I am not RC racing this weekend!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

mothernature.com says sunny and 81 for Saturday, that's what i like to here. Mother nature must have know we were running 27's .
Old 09-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Wow 16:5.014 = 80*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.