Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UntuchablSS
Hey guys, I'm happy to see the 1/12 is happenin ! How many of youz are going to run brushless? If there are enough I'll get mine installed.

What motor are you running Ivy? Based on the majority replies, maybe we can find a brushed equivalent and run them all together?

Can't wait my 'RAT is aching...!!

Spur !

Are we going with the same approach as at Blue Diamond with the running times for these classes? What was it 5 minutes for the Run whatcha brung? Will that be across the board?
Hi UntuchableSS,
Glad to see you had an enjoyable time at Blue Diamond, those sentiments were repeated to me many times over, and the request was presented to me to do another. So here we are, the system must work otherwise you as well as many others would not be buying in on doing it again.

1/12 as stated earlier is an open class. But, as most of you know, because of the control I have on the program, I have the luxury of altering the program to the participation on that day. This is something I am going to address in an upcoming post, but I will also address it here. If there are enough 19t, or brushless or whatever to make a bonified class (I'm talking probably 7 or more), I will run them as a class. These are decisions I make on the day of the event since my events have no pre entry signups, so sometimes it is difficult for me to forecast who is coming, because people have not paid any entry fees up front. All I have to work off of is confirmations based on the various forms of communication I work off of. I just tell everyone, just show up, bring enough equipment to be flexible in where I place you and I will see to it you enjoy yourself. The system flat out works, because I am attentive to the needs of all who attend. I provide light to moderate competition for those who do not have the disposible income, disposible time or skills (the casual or occasional racer) and intense competition for those who can't get enough (the moderately skilled to hard core racer). The program is a win-win situation for the racers and track owners since they get exposure. It's an excellent blend and everybody gets their "rc fix" in the right dosage.

As for time, all qualifier heats will be 5 minutes including "RWB". 1/12 traditionally is 8 minutes, but I got a little something in mind,,,,,I will let everyone know on one of my next posts.

Last edited by spurcheck; 09-02-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I'll have my TC outfitted with a BL 10.5, and the 1/12 will roll with whatever the majority of us want to run. but there's this 8x1 flatwire burning a hole in my pitbox!

The run whatcha bring class is going to be INSANE! So far I've heard people are bringing Coopers (of course), oval pancars (naturally, on a roadcourse), really wide gas TCs ('cause they're fun anywhere!), 4WD buggys (WTF!), and rally cars (w/ tarmac tires). I've got money on anyone who shows up with a BL/Lipo awd 1/18 TC. Watching those things outmuscle everything around the BD track was mindboggling.
My money will be on the "RWB" class to be the most fun and entertaining.

I also have a lil' sumpthin' sumpthin' special I might be planning for this class, that I might drop on ya'!!! We'll see if the participants will buy in on it.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds good, I'll be there.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Jeff, I'm in for 1/12!! Let me know what motor to bring!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Update #1

Hi guys,
just a little over a week to go and it's time I start to nail down some of the finer details so we are all on the same page and the raceday surprises are kept to a minimum.

Though we are here for fun, time is always a precious commodity, the event will be run in such a way to consolidate time so we can conclude the event at a reasonable time. I would like to have all events done by between 6-6:30pm so all of our racers who have drives of over an hour can be home before 9pm.

The race director(s) will be instructed to only have between 3-5 minutes between qualifying heats. Those racers, myself included, who chose to run multiple classes, be aware it is your responsibility to be prepared. The entire program will not be held up because of your inability to be on time.

There is the possibility we may utilize a "controlled practice" type of format to allow everyone to get ample and fair distribution of track time. This will be a raceday decision.

My plan is to have the track ready for practice by 8am. Practice will end promptly at 10:30am (as will signups) and the drivers meeting will immediately start at 10:30am. Do not wait until the last second to sign up. I will be "riding herd" on this. The majority of sign ups should be in by 10:15am. If anyone is aware of someone who has been delayed for any reason (traffic, car problems, etc), get their info (name, class, personal transponder#, frequencies), give to me or Al. We will get them into the program and they can pay when they get there. Hopefully, there will only be 1-2 of these type of entries.

Here is some clarification on some of the classes.

1/12th: As stated earlier, it is an open class. However, if there are enough drivers who want to run 19t, brushless, or whatever (probably minimum of 7 entries) I will run a class for it. Approach me as a group and we will discuss, decision will be made on these types of situations on raceday.

Stock touring: Without getting into my long and drawn out reason for doing this, stock touring will be exclusively for newbies, casual and occasional racers who do not possess the equipment and/or skills to operate vehicles equipped with 19t or mod horsepower. Much the same as NASCAR has total control on rules. So to do I. My rules are guidelines to encourage new faces to come and try out RC,,,,,and to stay with us!!!!! Hopefully, if they stay with us, we may have a fighting chance of nurturing them into highly skilled and competitive racers. They could be our next regional champions. From there, the sky the limit. I expect the racers to self police themselves on this however, I will be monitoring this class closely and if I feel that there is someone who should not be in the class I will move you to either 19t or open. If you are in doubt as to where I feel you should be see me on race day, we will discuss, I will take an evaluation and decide. ALL SKILLED DRIVERS WILL RUN IN EITHER THE 19 TURN CLASS OR THE OPEN MODIFIED CLASS FOR TOURING CAR.

This event will be an excellent opportunity for all in attendance to share info on the fast approaching in door winter season, classes and what options as far as facilities that are available to us.

Be aware, the on site hobby shop has closed for the season. You will need to be self sufficient in regards to most of your RC needs. However, Greg (tracksidehobbys) will be getting together with Al Sodano and Al will have a limited amount of tires and possibly other sundry items for sale on race day. They will be on a first come first served basis.

Non DSM drivers, please be prepared to sign up with at least one alternate frequency. This will greatly speed up the sign up process and the race director "will love you long time" !!!!!

More to come!!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton
Brushless mod baby,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO EXCUSES. No hiding behind "spec classes". You are going down,,,,,,,,,,,,,,down to china town!!!!

For me it's gonna be either checkers or wreckers.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Im in for some Brushless Mod Hell yea!!! got a 2 second ghetto paint job as well check it!!! Hey guy's dont be shy post some pictures of your Ride's
Attached Thumbnails Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed-img_1321.jpg   Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed-img_1324.jpg   Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed-img_1313.jpg   Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed-img_1323.jpg  
Old 09-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton
It's mod so just bring one of your stock motorsJust kidding Scoob its been awhile since I busted your stones.I might make this one to run a little brushless 1/12.Should be a good time for everyone.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

what rubber tires should i pick up for next week?

i have never ran rubber asphalt

and anyone got a setup for a cyclone
Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Since the track was just recently repaved, the jury is still out on which tires are going to be the fastest. However, most of JRCs races have used RP30s, and we can attest that those tires work better and better (even up to a dozen runs) as they wear on the new pavement. No more one run tires at JRC!

p.s.-My R.W.B. car is going to have a performance index value in the four digit range!

Last edited by Greg Sharpe; 09-02-2007 at 12:30 AM. Reason: p.s.-
Old 09-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RandyB101
I will definitely be there with some 13.5,10.5 and 19T juice. I had a ball at the Express race and always wanted an excuse to get back to Jackson. I will round up the Maryland crew to make the road trip and check out the new pavement. This race should be great!!

Hey Kwikdub, please don't knock me out of the A main again like you did at the ROAR 2 regions.

--Randy
Welcome RANDYB101,
nice to see you are going to give one of my rc parties a try. I assure you, you will not be disappointed. Yes, absolutely bring up your Maryland crew, heck, bring the whole state, we can handle it.
Be aware, this is not a ROAR event. Nor is it an event sponsored by any manufacturer. The rules and guidelines are soley mine. Basically, myself and a bunch of my rc peeps are kinda renting out the Jackson RC clubs facility for the day. So please review the proposed classes for the day and prepare yourself accordingly. Based on your post, you will be eligible for electric touring 19t or open. See you Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joey
what rubber tires should i pick up for next week?

i have never ran rubber asphalt

and anyone got a setup for a cyclone
Hi joey,
nice to hear you will be in attendance with us. The event is shaping up nicely and we will have an excellent mixture if skill levels.

As bro' Sharpe already explained, RP30's are probably all you may need. They were the Jackson RC clubs required tire and are reasonably priced. The majority of people probably run on them but, with the new surface, not much info (R&D) is available. I am gonna go out on a limb and say RP30's or CS27's should get cha' close enough. As I stated in an earlier post, Al will be at the track on the day of the event with a limited amount of tires if you are in need. But, it would be advisable for all who are coming to come prepared with their own tires, bodies, traction, fuel, or whatever because Al will only have limited supplies.

Cyclone set up????????? Hmmmmm, give me a couple of days, I will contact one of the locals who ran one and see if I can get that info from him or get him to post it here.

I also see in your signature you own a BMI 1/12th car. If you could bring it to the event, I would like to check it out.

See you soon.

Last edited by spurcheck; 09-02-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

ill bring the car but still not sure if i want to run both classes

as it sits it has a 13.5 motor in it..

Old 09-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey guy's dont be shy post some pictures of your Ride's
The gold one is my run-whatcha-brung entry, and the Rolls is BL!.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed-rolls_royce_donk.jpg   Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed-russiandonk.jpg   Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed-golddonk.jpg   Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed-mcdonk.jpg  

Last edited by Greg Sharpe; 09-02-2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: 'cause mcdonks don't grow on trees
Old 09-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyB101

Hey Kwikdub, please don't knock me out of the A main again like you did at the ROAR 2 regions.

--Randy
Sorry Bro!...........I'll show you some love at this event............ Can't wait to mix it up with all of you.............. Trying to get more Guys from the north and my area........... This one is picking up momentum BIG TIME!!........ Pass the word Guys, It's going to be off the hook!

Yo Mike Ivy, your ride looks kiiler!! Stayed with the same scheme as your Express touring car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.