R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/178855-jammin-jeffs-fall-festival-speed.html)

spurcheck 08-26-2007 08:40 PM

Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed

Summer is gone and everyone has gone indoors to race, right,,,,,,,,,not yet! I don't think so, at least not totally yet.
One last chance to get together outside in the crisp autumn air with you "rc buds". And what better place than at Jackson RC clubs world class facility. This track just had a recent face lift in the way of a total resurfacing with the highest grade of asphalt and now featuring adjustable layout barriers. It has been said that this may be the best intermediate size outdoor track on the east coast. Touted by several national level drivers to be as smooth or smoother than many indoor carpet tracks.

The event will be:

Jackson RC 2 Solar Drive Jackson NJ 08527

Sunday September 9th
Gates open 7am
Signups end at 10:30am promptly. You sign up late,,,,,,you may miss the first qualifying heat.
Mandatory drivers meeting 10:30am (All must attend,,,,,,,your physical body at the meeting,,,,,,,,,,,not in the pits!!!!!!!)
Heats posted 10:45am.
1st heat goes off at 11am sharp!!!!
This is a ROAR facility, but the one day ROAR fee will be waived!!!!
Entry fees: 1st class $15, 2nd class $10, 3rd class $5.
There will be 3 qualifying heats and 1 main event. Nitro mains will be extended, length to be decided on raceday. All nitro mains will have bump ups.
Proposed classes will be;
1/10th electric touring stock (brushed and brushless)
This class will be reserved for newbies, casual and occasional racers. All skilled touring drivers will run in the 19 turn and/or open classes.
1/10th electric touring 19 turn (brushed and brushless).
1/10th electric open (brushed and brushless).
1/10th touring nitro. If there are enough to make up a nitro RTR class we will seperate into a RTR class.
1/12th electric 4 cell open (brushed and brushless).
RWB (run whatcha' brung) anything goes as long as it is 1/10th or smaller.

As listed above, these are the "proposed classes", based on participation on the day of the event, I will adjust and/or alter these so that the playing field is as level as I can make it. We will work together to make a fun and competitive day,,,,,,,,,,,,as it should be!!!!

Tires will be open in all classes, this too may be a raceday decision based on the wants of the participants.

Most of you guys probably are not familiar with my form of rules,,,,,,,,too many options, right? Trust me, it will work, and most of all, you will have fun, and isn't that why you started running these model cars in the first place?????

OK, the hype is up,,,,,,,,,,,,let's do this!!!!!!

mike ivy 08-27-2007 03:55 AM

Sweet I'll be there!!!:nod::nod::nod:

Kwikvdub 08-27-2007 05:22 AM

Sounds awesome!!................ C'mon Guys!!, Let's make it a Grand day of racing........... See you all there!:nod:

Greg Sharpe 08-27-2007 05:43 AM

Oh snap! We're going racin' again!!!!!

Ivy, don't slouch, I'm bringing my doorstop out to run with ya. :nod:

Where's Andrew? I know he's in for this.

Alex, you bringing the NYC crew?

I'm thinking 1/18 Buds car for the RWB class, or maybe an R/C motorcycle, :confused: or possibly that ground effects pancar that's been collecting dust since 1994. :weird:

Kwikvdub 08-27-2007 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe (Post 3618012)

I'm going to rally up the troops.:nod:

A. Rhodes 08-27-2007 06:56 AM

Damn it, I leave for vacation on the 8th :( Good luck with the event Jeff / Jackson Crew.

afr0sch 08-27-2007 10:04 AM

I am so there...you don't even know.

Kwikvdub 08-27-2007 10:14 AM

Very Cool!................ Pass the word.:nod:

Al Sodano 08-27-2007 10:42 AM

We at jackson cant wait to host this event......So I want everyone to come out and experience the new jackson.:nod:....Surface and layout....

mike ivy 08-27-2007 02:16 PM

Sup Greg I'll be there fo'shizel if ya can lets get a big 1/12th scale call going.Anyone who has a 1/12th come on down it will be a blast!!!!Im running 1/12th fo shizel:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe (Post 3618012)
Oh snap! We're going racin' again!!!!!

Ivy, don't slouch, I'm bringing my doorstop out to run with ya. :nod:

Where's Andrew? I know he's in for this.

I'm thinking 1/18 Buds car for the RWB class, or maybe an R/C motorcycle, :confused: or possibly that ground effects pancar that's been collecting dust since 1994. :weird:

pelico 08-27-2007 03:33 PM

Where can I find recent pics of the track?

Chris08527 08-27-2007 03:58 PM

hey jeff
glad to see you are BRINGIN IT to jackson rc
make sure you tell all the nitro heads to bring them out as the track is much more nitro friendly now, the new layout uses the entire surface and the back straight has more then enough room for second gear . . .:nod::nod::nod:

spurcheck 08-27-2007 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chris08527 (Post 3619473)
hey jeff
glad to see you are BRINGIN IT to jackson rc
make sure you tell all the nitro heads to bring them out as the track is much more nitro friendly now, the new layout uses the entire surface and the back straight has more then enough room for second gear . . .:nod::nod::nod:

he he he he, yes I am aware of the new "wide open spaces" of the Jackson track. Trust me when I tell you,,,,,,,,,,,,I am bringing it, and in a big way. We are going to do this in less than 2 weeks. This event will not be as large as a "big race" that has manufacturer sponsored backing attached to it, but it will probably be the largest "club" race ever held there. Plus, the format of the classes will be a refreshing change from the "norm".

spurcheck 08-27-2007 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by pelico (Post 3619401)
Where can I find recent pics of the track?

I tried to warn you, I am not computer friendly, but here goes.

Take dat!!!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...6&d=1187146243

spurcheck 08-27-2007 08:34 PM

Heah, it worked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm a genius!!!!! Not!!!!!!

The layout you guys see is the current layout. Be aware it will be modified with the input of several of my advisors on my track team. Since there will be a wide range of skill levels in attendance I want the track to reflect the flavor of this type of event. The track will be challenging but not to the point that we are trying to make world champions out of anyone.

More to come.