Wiki Posts
Search

2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007

S&N Trackside Hobbies is pleased to announce the details for the 2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM race to be held October 6-7, 2007 in Brookfield Wisconsin.

This race is for all you Tamiya Mini fans. Tamiya Mini drivers are a fun loving group, and we have designed this race to be a low-key, fun-filled event. This will be the first year for the race, but we hope to make this an annual event. This is a weekend race with a unique format:

1) Tamiya Mini's are the one and ONLY class for the entire race event.
2) An extended heads up race format that guarantees maximum fun and numerous chances to race against almost everyone.
3) Motors will be performance equalized - this race will be won by skilled setup and driving.

Race Format:

There is one and only one class - Tamiya Minis (M-03 & M-04M chassis only). All drivers will run three qualifying runs. The top 32 drivers, by best individual qualifying run, will be sorted off into the "Expert" Division. Those who don't make the top 32 will run in the "Open" Division.

The Experts will then compete in 6 heads up races, 8 cars to a heat with random heat and starting grid assignment. Your best 4 out of 6 races will count, with each heat winner gaining 1 point, 2nd gets 2 points, etc. The winner will be the racer with the lowest score after all 6 heads up races.

The Open Division members will run additional qualifiers and then compete in a triple A, double B, single lower mains format.

We will crown two winners: Expert and Open Division winners.

Motor rules:

To emphasize driving and setup skills, we have adopted rules to take the motor out of the equation. All drivers will use a handout silver can motor, supplied with your entry fee, all of which will be pre-teched to screen out the "screamers" and the "dogs." Then, for each heat of qualifying and mains, you will grab a pre-teched silver can at random from a box to use for that heat only. Next heat, you will use another randomly selected pre-teched motor, and so on.

Chassis rules: complete rules are in the attached flyer. Basically, we are using Tamiya Championship Series rules.

Race Location: S&N Trackside Hobbies is the home of the world famous RC announcer Scotty Ernst. The race will be indoors, on the 50x100' CRC carpet track. S&N Trackside has hosted numerous national events, and has loads of pit space and a very well stocked hobby shop. Of course, Scotty Ernst will be the race announcer. As the race is indoors, the race will take place, come rain or come shine. With a set maximum entries of 150 drivers, everyone will have plenty of pit space. As this is a MINI ONLY event, the course layout will be specifically engineered for maximum Mini excitement.

We see this race as a National level event. For all you Tamiya Championship Series (TCS) fans, this race was scheduled in October to take place after TCS Nationals are finished and you are itching for more Mini racing to begin with the next TCS season. For the past couple of years now, the MINI class at TCS regionals and nationals has been the most popular class, and this race is designed to satisfy your needs for even more Mini fun. We hope that several past TCS National Mini champions will attend and have the opportunity to compete for the title of MINI MAYHEM EXPERT. So come on in all you Memphis TCS mini racers (50+), welcome Seattle folks (40+), welcome all you California and East Coast TCS'ers - here's your ultimate race! Heck, even you Mini fanatics from down under in Australia are welcome to our party!

Please send in your entries as soon as you can, as we will limit entries to 150 drivers. Entry fee is only $45 for the whole weekend of racing, and includes one silvercan motor. I have attached a copy of the complete event rules and entry form.

Questions: Call S&N Trackside Hobbies, or leave questions here on RCTECH for me, MiniDriver.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mini Mayhem Flyer.pdf (90.0 KB, 331 views)
Old 06-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Would it be possible to use the HPI mini dish wheel (part number 3640)?
The tamiya wheels just can't take the abuse I give them......
Old 06-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Three
Would it be possible to use the HPI mini dish wheel (part number 3640)?
The tamiya wheels just can't take the abuse I give them......
Sorry, Tamiya parts only. Ever try the Tamiya black reinforced wheels - they seem to last forever around here at Trackside.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Count me in too!
Old 06-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

How about the new M04L chassis (Volkswagen Beetle) as far as your event? Your announcement leaves M03 wide open re: wheelbase but you specify "M" on the M04's. I just double checked the TCS rules (which it seems you are following) and see they say "any M03 or M04 chassis".

Thanks,

Scottrik

Last edited by Scottrik; 06-14-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scottrik
How about the new M04L chassis (Volkswagen Beetle) as far as your event? Your announcement leaves M03 wide open re: wheelbase buy you specify "M" on the M04's. I just double checked the TCS rules (which it seems you are following) and see they say "any M03 or M04 chassis".

Thanks,

Scottrik
Good question.

At the time I put the rules together, the only M-04 that used 60D size tires was the M-04M. The intent was to allow any current chassis that uses the 60D series (small, not sedan) tires. I see the new M04L also uses the 60D series tires - so M-04L with 60D tires will also be allowed at the MINI Mayhem, but you will have to use the appropriate Tamiya body - I think that means only the Beetle body. I will update the rules.

Thanks for asking. Hope to see you join us!
Old 06-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

The black reinforced rims are the ones that are fragile. But there is always the Suzuki wheels !!!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Sounds like a great race. I'll be adjusting our family vacation so Derek and I can make this race.

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Please save me a pit space. Entry to arrive shortly.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dave,

If Carl (aka Hoooters Boy) the RC Doctor and Hawk are going to be there you can count me in too.

Hopefully, I will have my new M03mR dialed in by then.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Be nice to me. I'm trying to get some trophy girls for this event. Just need to write a request, make triplicates, send it to corporate HQ and the local restaurant. Then cross my fingers and hope they say yes.

No biggie!

Of Course they will only be allowed in my pits
Old 06-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Of Course they will only be allowed in my pits
I'd like to see that...won't it make it kind of hard to drive? Or do you shave your pits first?

Last edited by rccardr; 06-16-2007 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

LOL good one Doc
Old 06-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Dave, is there going to be a concourse as well?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Hmmm.........to Mini?..........Or not to Mini???..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.