Wiki Posts
Search

2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

how's this?
Attached Thumbnails 2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007-dsc07503-2.jpg  
Old 10-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Initiate

AMAZING RACING
I would like to thank everyone involved with the MINI Mayhem race at Trackside. I had FUN . It was a fantastic weekend of racing, well worth the trip from Cincinnati. The random draw for motors made for very close racing. I will be back next year and maybe by then I will have sharpened my driving skills to be more of threat to the A main racers. Thanks again everyone.
Jay
Old 10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

results??????????
Old 10-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

A few pics -- too busy racing and tuning and talking to take many pictures.

The action shot was during practice, not a race.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007-trackside-sign.jpg   2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007-winners-small.jpg   2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007-key-doc.jpg  
Old 10-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

What an awsome weekend of racing. This idea turned out to be a ton of fun.
The random motor draw for each round is the perfect way to level the playing field. No more special mabuchi's to give somebody the edge. We will again be doing this event next years and I think after all the fun we had this past weekend, it will grow to be a must attend event for Mini racers.

Special thanks to Dave and Nathan Weir for putting this all together also to Steve Key, Carl Seils, Scott Czysz and to Doc Mertes and Jay Halson for making the trip.

I also want to throw out some atta boys to some new racers at this race. Adam and Joey from Chicago, you guys did a great job for your first big race and really showed improvement throughout the weekend. Also congrats to Adam on the Concours win.
Also to 2 local new Mini Drivers, Father and Son team of Dan and David Resing. Brand new to RC racing and they showed no fear jumping into the deep end and never racing a club race and joining us for the Mayhem. You guys also did a great job and I look forward to seeing you on Tuesdays or Saturdays.

It was a blast and I had a great time calling this event. It was also cool to see Paul Lemieux hanging out at the track all weekend chatting and helping guys with their rides.

Thanks again to all who participated and our next big Mini event will be at the Novak race the first week of Jan. and we will do the random motor draw for this event also.

Thanks,
Scotty
Old 10-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

Whats up guys! Its Joey (aka the Stricly R/C Swift in the B Main lol) just wanted to say that Adam and I had a blast this weekend! We bash around on a regular basis and Adam races 1/10th scale on-roads nearly every sunday morning, but this weekend blew our minds. We have never raced in such a tight, competitive, and fast enviorment! Hopefully by next time we've have brushed up on our skills enought to keep up with you guys a little bit better! But all in all, even tho i had a few problems here and there and got spanked in the B mains lol i had a ton of fun and seriously can not wait to go back to S&N!

I just want to take the time to thank everybody for welcoming us in and helping us out, especially David and Nathen for helping us with our tires and my battery. I also want to thank Scott from Trackside for setting up this awsome event, helping us set up our cars, and making us feel at home for our first race (Tell Tony Stewert and Brett Bodine i said hi lol)

This was definently a weekend we will never forget! We had so much fun, that its pretty much all we talk about now! We wish it never ended lol We will try and make it up there as much as possibly and we hope to enter the Novak race for both mini and possibly one of 1/10th scale touring car divisions as well as the next Mini Mayhem! Thank you again everyone and we'll see you at the races!
Old 10-09-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That's my BlueZuki and Steve Key!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Carl, & Scott thanks for the pictures those will do nicely.

Doc, as usual it was a pleasure racing against you this weekend.

What exactly is happening in this pictures
Attached Thumbnails 2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007-key%2520and%2520doc.jpg  
Old 10-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Steven Key

What exactly is happening in this pictures
As they say in NASCAR, it looks like you backed into him. Poor Doc couldn't get whoa'd up in time.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xxtremehybridxx
Whats up guys! Its Joey (aka the Stricly R/C Swift in the B Main lol) just wanted to say that Adam and I had a blast this weekend!
My son Derek was all smiles after the C1 main race with Adam. It seemes like they were door to door for half the race - too bad I was racing at the same time, I didn't get to watch the action.

And Derek also had a blast driving with Adam after the event when it was just the two of them on the track. So, thank Adam for putting a smile on a kid's face.

Don't forget to add the Tamiya Championship Series race weekend to your calendar. Scotty said it will probably be in February next year. This year (in March), there were 41 minis entered. There are 5 or six classes of cars racing, so there's a lot of down time between mini races, so you may want to run a touring car also.

Scott
Old 10-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Doc,
Can't send you a pm, so I'll give you a public "thank you".

Thanks for giving Derek the TCS cap - it's his new favorite cap.

Thanks again for the kind gesture.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Scott,

I told adam what you said and he had a blast racing with derek too! he said his hands were startin to shake and he broke out in a sweat every lap that he was inching closer lol. we hope to duke it out with him and everyone else again in the near future. He deffinatly has a ton of potental .

We will look into the tcs race a little more too. we would run the m03's for sure but would there be a class for us to run like 1/10th scale touring cars like ta-04's and/or tt-01's? i don't know too much about the tcs series. personally the m03 was my first tamiya car i ever owned and raced, i've mainly been a team losi kinda guy up until now so i never really followed the tamiya scene.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As they say in NASCAR, it looks like you backed into him. Poor Doc couldn't get whoa'd up in time.

Actually if wouldn't have been such a squid and could drive I wouldn't have backed into Doc. FYI, right after that happened Doc stopped let me back past him and blew my doors off on the next lap.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Close examination of the shot reveals no number on my windshield, so it must have been during practice. My car was not fast during practice, hence you must have hit reverse by mistake.

OR...note that I am not rubber side down...perhaps there was a Mystery Third Car Involved.

Seils. It was probably Seils. And then he went on his merry way.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Event photos

Some photos from the 2007 Mini Mayhem event
Attached Thumbnails 2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007-dsc00972.jpg   2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007-dsc00978.jpg   2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007-dsc00984.jpg   2007 TAMIYA MINI MAYHEM Race Announcement October 6-7, 2007-mini-mayhem-poster.jpg