Wiki Posts
Search

Stockton RC Raceway 5th Annual northwest Carpet Champs

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Stockton RC Raceway 5th Annual northwest Carpet Champs

Come join us at Stockton RC Raceway for what has become a tradition, the 5th Annual Northwest Carpet Champs, January 6th & 7th, 2007. This race in years past has produced some of the best racing on the West Coast in electric on-road carpet racing. Come and enjoy a weekend of racing on the west coasts largest indoor carpet track. 98'x48', over 4,700 sq. ft. of CRC Fast Track racing carpet with a barrier system that is very forgiving on cars. We should have some great raffle prizes for our entered drivers. This years race will be a bit dfferent from races in the past. There will be no open practice day on Friday. We will have an extended open practice Saturday morning with 3 rounds of qualifying Saturday afternoon. Sunday we'll be back with a short open practice session, 2 rounds of qualifying and single mains. Another differrence this year will be awards to all 'A' main drivers. We'll also be allowing the use of brushless motors in both stock and 19 turn classes. Can't make both days, then come out on Sunday, you'll still have two chances to qualify for the 'A' main and an award. Get all the paticulars on the dedicated page at our website www.StocktonRCRaceway.com or click HERE for a pdf flyer, hope to see you there.

Last edited by schurcr; 11-20-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by schurcr
Come join us at Stockton RC Raceway for what has become a tradition, the 5th Annual Northwest Carpet Champs, January 6th & 7th, 2007. This race in years past has produced some of the best racing on the West Coast in electric on-road carpet racing. Come and enjoy a weekend of racing on the west coasts largest indoor carpet track. 98'x48', over 4,700 sq. ft. of CRC Fast Track racing carpet with a barrier system that is very forgiving on cars. We should have some great raffle prizes for our entered drivers. This years race will be a bit dfferent from races in the past. There will be no open practice day on Friday. We will have an extended open practice Saturday morning with 3 rounds of qualifying Saturday afternoon. Sunday we'll be back with a short open practice session, 2 rounds of qualifying and single mains. Another differrence this year will be awards to all 'A' main drivers. We'll also be allowing the use of brushless motors in both stock and 19 turn classes. Can't make both days, then come out on Sunday, you'll still have two chances to qualify for the 'A' main and an award. Get all the paticulars on the dedicated page at our website www.StocktonRCRaceway.com or click HERE for a pdf flyer, hope to see you there.
The brushless running with brushed 19/stockers that will cut into your turnout right there..At SoCal we have already been run over by Skuba Steve with his 19 brushless system..Its not even cloes in the right hands..Good luck to you all running Brushed motors..
Old 11-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865

Ruben- Sounds like a great race, Good luck and I will let everyone down here know about the race info.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I second that opinion

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
The brushless running with brushed 19/stockers that will cut into your turnout right there..At SoCal we have already been run over by Skuba Steve with his 19 brushless system..Its not even cloes in the right hands..Good luck to you all running Brushed motors..
I am a big fan of brushless and I run it in mod at Socal. However, I would not run 19t brushless because it is undeniabley faster. I also would not want anyone to have to go up against one in a race with prizes. I also saw first hand what happens when a good driver has more motor, the result is game over.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Do'h I just sent my Novak entry in this morning... bummer, this was one of my favorite races of the year. Maybe a diff class for the slower brushless like a 13.5 class or something, IMO I don't think the brushless and brushed stock and 19 motors are compatable quite yet... yea full on mod they work together, but not at the slower speeds yet, any advantage either punch or top end would be a huge advantage in what is supposed to be a spec class
Old 11-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

We have been running BL against Brushed and have had good success.. the cars must make weight #1, #2, no lipo's
A good 19t brushed motor can yank a bl 4300.. in 19t and the 13.5 is real comparable.. comes down to setup and gearing like comparing a monster against a c027..
Attached Thumbnails Stockton RC Raceway 5th Annual northwest Carpet Champs-westcaostflyre.jpg  
Old 11-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ah! Now I get it. Whats up Tireshredder?

Scuba steve's 4300 must be incredibly fast and not something the average public can get because there is no way a 4300 brushless on IB4200 is faster then a really good 19turn.I don't care how fast he is at driving.Are you sure its 4300 and not a 5400?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by racenut123
Ah! Now I get it. Whats up Tireshredder?

Scuba steve's 4300 must be incredibly fast and not something the average public can get because there is no way a 4300 brushless on IB4200 is faster then a really good 19turn.I don't care how fast he is at driving.Are you sure its 4300 and not a 5400?
Thats right dude..Like I said you put any brushless system in the RIGHT HANDS it will wax anything brushed 19/stocker ..4300 will pull harder of the corners than ANY 19/stocker.. These are the guys that got waxed the night I was there..Derek furutani, JasonC , Edgar Filalous, Thad Gardner, Tony F, I think Eartracter was there also..I dont think he was running the sintered arm..
Old 11-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Thats right dude..Like I said you put any brushless system in the RIGHT HANDS it will wax anything brushed 19/stocker ..4300 will pull harder of the corners than ANY 19/stocker.. These are the guys that got waxed the night I was there..Derek furutani, JasonC , Edgar Filalous, Thad Gardner, Tony F, I think Eartracter was there also..I dont think he was running the sintered arm..
I wasn't there...I've only raced at SoCal once in the last 3 months or so and that was last weekend. I was ganged up on by the yolk factory, but they were running brushed KDs I think... maybe Furtani had a checkpoint, anyhow no ballistic brushless stevo.

Basically my opinion is based on hearsay and the fear of the unknown... I'll be up at NorCal this weekend, who knows maybe brushed and brushless are closer that we thought...
Old 11-22-2006, 11:31 AM
The Evicerator

Just to clear things up for everyone...

That night I ran a 4300 (10.5 turn) with a sintered rotor and I think it's the closest thing I've run to a brushed 19T so far... regardless if it's brushless 19t or brushed 19t it all still feels slow when compared to a 3.5 turn

I've run the 4300 in the past with lower gearing and standard bonded rotors and felt it was too slow to compete with the "19 turn heroes" at socal

I've also done testing with 9.5 turns and felt those were far too fast for fair competition with the brushed 19Ts...
Old 11-22-2006, 12:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

It's been a while, but I have run with Steve in 19t while he was running the BL system, and honestly my CP19 didnt seem to have any disadvantage.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sorry to mess your thread up Ruben,not my intent.Just that with all the comparing going on,I thought that a little more insight into what we have found up north with 19turn against 4300 Brushless would be important.We have found that they are equivelant in lap times.The brushless seemed to be a little slower but more consitant from begining to the end of the run.If you feel the likes of Jimmy Jacobson,Ej Evans,Juan Aveytia,Aaron Young,etc are not good enough competion to test out against to make a good comparison then I am sorry Mr. Albrecht.All these guys ran Brushed motors and were about the .1-.2 seconds a lap faster compared to my Brushless.I have run with these same guys in the very recent past and I can turn the same times as them with a KD so..................

See you this weekend Tony.I look forward to racing the NWCC.

Last edited by racenut123; 11-22-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Ruben will MOD be foam or rubber tire?
Old 11-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Looking Forward To 19t rubber

I was also curious it looks as if all classes are rubber but I am not sure
Old 12-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

we want foam!!!

carpet = foam please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.