Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If anyone up there is interested in a loaded TC5 roller LMK

Thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Motors

Originally Posted by 3-Dee
its a throw out for me too, I was gonna run f-1 and mini. Had a blast at the cherity race. Now I'm looking to pick up a s-spec car.

Denmark
I am mounting rubber tires on the F-1 tonight... What motors are they using... I still have the 21.5 in my car... What is the legal motor for the class at this track... I may have to participate in some of this point series....

Stoke
Old 01-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Anything going on Sunday?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stoke II
I am mounting rubber tires on the F-1 tonight... What motors are they using... I still have the 21.5 in my car... What is the legal motor for the class at this track... I may have to participate in some of this point series....

Stoke
Stokes whats up man, silver can is the motor and any chassis goes for the club race. foam or rubber. You will be faster with foam.
Denmark
Old 01-17-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Location: 2.5 Miles South of Pentagon, Light years from reality

Officer Stokley,

For some “Fun with the F-1”:
Put in a stock “silver can” Mabuchi and leave the foam tires on. Then you’ll:
A. Run fast (about same speeds as 17.5 Touring car)
B. Run cheap ( I know you don’t run any other way)

For some really big time fun , try “Oval Sundays". First heat at 1, done by 5-5:30. A bunch of guys have stripped the motors, batteries (1 cell), and electronics out of their 1/12th scales, picked up some used oval pan car and are joining the oval racing resurgence. I remember you used to know how to “turn left and stand on it”. Pick your class depending on the size of your “attachments”

17.5/1S “Nastruck”- Nastruck body. No “wing“. “Spec” tires (WGT lilacs). ESC limitations. Lap times = 5.0 - 5.5 Seconds. Very, very close racing.

13.5/1S C.O.T. - Current Cup body. No “big Wings”. Open ESC & tires
Lap times = 4.3 - 4.5 seconds

10.5/1S Pro Stock - Old School “Winged Warrior” body.
Lap times = approximately the speed of light

I’m just getting back to racing , after some heart problems/procedures.
Back to running “pan cars”, F-1 and oval. This is about where I came into this game years ago. I’m having more R/C fun than I’ve had in years.

Hope to see you on the asphalt,
Rod
Old 01-17-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Immo
Anything going on Sunday?
OVAL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doors open at 9:00am
Old 01-17-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
If anyone up there is interested in a loaded TC5 roller LMK

Thanks
This is a good car and great racer,
Old 01-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default F-1

Originally Posted by Buffalo 16
Officer Stokley,

For some “Fun with the F-1”:
Put in a stock “silver can” Mabuchi and leave the foam tires on. Then you’ll:
A. Run fast (about same speeds as 17.5 Touring car)
B. Run cheap ( I know you don’t run any other way)

Rod
Glad to hear you are feeling better... Now take that F-1 off the work bench and bring it to the C on Monday. Bring some medication. I am coming to rip out hearts....

Originally Posted by 3-Dee
Stokes whats up man, silver can is the motor and any chassis goes for the club race. foam or rubber. You will be faster with foam.
Denmark
Silver can it is... Come up Monday... I been saving something for ya in the 3-D lay-away-plan...

Do not talk back now... I cant hear you... I am in the Lab...

Stoke
Old 01-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hey Rod. I hope you're doing well.

We haven't talked about it, but here's what we did last year... as I recall.

1.) We did have a SS class
2.) Tamiya Body, 19t/61t gearing, tamiya wheels and tires (kit tires: slicks, radials, semi slicks, not Type A or B)
3.) I think signup was via Tamiya web site, but also allowed on race day
4.) Not sure. If you sign up on the Tamiya site it you're limited to two classes.
5.) No handouts as I recall. I think we bought our own motors (you'll want to practice etc.).

Casey, Ray K, Doc, Larry;
(does that sound like 4 of the 7 Dwarfs?)

“Inquiring minds want to know”

1. Will there be a “Senior Spec” (SS) Class offered at the March TCS race at “The C”

2. If so, what will be the rules for, tires , bodies, gearing , etc.

3. What will the SS “sign up” procedures be? Through TSC website? At the track?

4. Will a Senior Spec entry count against your TCS entry limit of 2?

5. When will the handout motors be available? Night before? When the doors open? 1 Hour before first heat?

- We’re less than 60 days from race date
- Need to give folks as much time as possible to round up the necessary “bits and pieces.
- Need to post the info both here and on the TCS thread so any interested “out of towners” can be informed.
Later,
Rod
Old 01-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Rod, Larry is pretty much correct, but we did use Red Dot handout motors and you had to sign up ahead of time through one of us (hopefully, Larry will take on that responsibility this year). Some people tried to enter SS using the message box at the bottom of the signup sheet, while other entered Novice Spec. It was...confusing. So, that's something we'll have to define ahead of time and make clear to Gary at Tamiya so he can relay any mistaken entries to the Responsible Party at The C. Having signup on race day is OK too unless we have so many entries that we can't accommodate them all.

Remember that racers are NOT permitted to sign up for both SS and Novice Spec. And the handout Red Dot motor may ONLY be used for the SS class.

Biggest problem a year ago was that we had fewer motors and had to restrict entries. Not likely to be an issue this year, I think we have 42 motors all told.

Now if we could just get a definitive, absolute, ain't-gonna-change motor rule for the other silver cans, life would be somewhat more predictable
Old 01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default F-1

Stokes,
We just finished running "oval Sunday". The track layout will stay oval all day Monday and until sometime Tuesday night. Then a new road course layout will be put down.
Rod
Old 01-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Senior Spec & TCS

Doc & Larry,
Good to hear you guys chime in. I wasn't asking for myself but trying to help get some stuff sorted out so that everyones "TCS at The C" experience will be really smooth and first rate. The questions were ones I'd heard from others or popped into my head. Hopefully you two and Ray can come up with a clear, coordinated "TCS & Senior Spec" position, for Casey to use to help promote the race and the Senior Spec cause. May be that can be done to post on the TCS thread before the 1st TCS race to get some interest/chatter going.
Keep it up,
Rod
Old 01-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

It would sure be nice to have a Mid-Atlantic Region (DC, MD, NC, PA, VA, WV)?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech...ic-region.html
Old 01-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Stokes,
We just finished running "oval Sunday". The track layout will stay oval all day Monday and until sometime Tuesday night. Then a new road course layout will be put down.
Rod
Thanks Rod... I will wait for the road course.... We have to talk about the oval class... The Nash Trucks sound interesting.... Is there a Short Course Truck class of oval....

Stoke
Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Doc & Larry,
Good to hear you guys chime in. I wasn't asking for myself but trying to help get some stuff sorted out so that everyones "TCS at The C" experience will be really smooth and first rate. The questions were ones I'd heard from others or popped into my head. Hopefully you two and Ray can come up with a clear, coordinated "TCS & Senior Spec" position, for Casey to use to help promote the race and the Senior Spec cause. May be that can be done to post on the TCS thread before the 1st TCS race to get some interest/chatter going.
Keep it up,
Rod

Hey Rod , With the success of Senior Spec last year as a extra exhibition class and some calls to Tamiya ,they had no interest in adding this type of class to the series.

I think the success we have at the "C", is all Team Red Dot and the faithful racers need for this to be a great class.

If Casey wants to make a call to Tamiya, to ask for us to run Senior Spec as an exhibition class again thats fine . But we will run are club rules as they stand . We will not have are regular club racer buying Tamiya bodies,tires, and wheels for a one day race.

If we do race SS, sign up will be at the track the day of the race, I know Tamiya will not create a sign up box for SS on there entry form. Last year we had to many problems with the online signup .

I think TCS would be a good time for are Spec racers to try some other fun clases like Mini ,F-1 , and GT3.

We might evolve Senior Spec into a GT3 style house class next winter. Any touring car ,fixed FDR ,handout Red Dots and Jaco blues.

Ray K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.