Search

The Coliseum at HobbyTown USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losithrasher
im all for earlier start time.
Well now instead of missing the first heat building your car you will have to wait for the third.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

lol
Old 02-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k
Do we have a new start time at the "C" for sat. racing ??
There was no official change to the starting time. Casey announced that racing would begin at 1:00 p.m. so that some of the guys could spend time with their wives and girl friends.

However, if there's a vote on the table, I prefer to start earlier, too!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was new to the Senior Spec class on the 7th (I had a great time), and I just wanted to check. Will it be back this weekend? Thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUDI 0000
I was new to the Senior Spec class on the 7th (I had a great time), and I just wanted to check. Will it be back this weekend? Thanks
I'm pretty sure we'll run Senior Spec this weekend. Hope to see you there!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Senior Spec will be running this week Feb.21.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ray k
Senior Spec will be running this week Feb.21.
Ray,
I was @ the "C" all day today testing my TA05 IFS and TB03 in GT3 trim, I think that current lay out will be a wee bit too tight for the TCS. Can we loosen it up a bit? Casey agreed?
My B3's worked real good got down into 12.9 and 13.5 range with both cars, Casey said we will run 3 rounds of Qualis and a main in all classes for the TCS!
I can help with tech if needed? Tamiya will not be sending any employees to this race? F1 tires will be the issue? I'm sure people will try to run aftermarket foam rubber in F1 to get an advantange? "We have ways to tell if they do"??
I hope to make it on 2/21 to race with you guys, I will probably run a Sport Tuned Black Can in 17.5 Stock and see what happens? I want to see how I compare in roll speed through the corners? I know I will get inhaled on the backstretch.
Steve.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Ray,
I was @ the "C" all day today testing my TA05 IFS and TB03 in GT3 trim, I think that current lay out will be a wee bit too tight for the TCS. Can we loosen it up a bit? Casey agreed?
My B3's worked real good got down into 12.9 and 13.5 range with both cars, Casey said we will run 3 rounds of Qualis and a main in all classes for the TCS!
I can help with tech if needed? Tamiya will not be sending any employees to this race? F1 tires will be the issue? I'm sure people will try to run aftermarket foam rubber in F1 to get an advantange? "We have ways to tell if they do"??
I hope to make it on 2/21 to race with you guys, I will probably run a Sport Tuned Black Can in 17.5 Stock and see what happens? I want to see how I compare in roll speed through the corners? I know I will get inhaled on the backstretch.
Steve.
Steve, I have volunteered to tech the TCS race since I am not running it it...

I know the rules and I know a couple of racers that might want to replace some non-Tamiya parts on their cars....
Old 02-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Ray,
Steve.
What class needs a more open layout? Makes driving and instead of power make you fast. Gt1 13.5 cars get around it fine which should require the most open layout.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Ray,
Steve.
Originally Posted by KHoff7
What class needs a more open layout? Makes driving and instead of power make you fast. Gt1 13.5 cars get around it fine which should require the most open layout.
I agree with Karl, less power and better driving skills should be the deciding factor in road racing...
Old 02-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
I agree with Karl, less power and better driving skills should be the deciding factor in road racing...
Old 02-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Getting run over on the straight away in mini cooper is frustrating, but then once back on infield if you can drive better and catch up thats how it should be not just "who has the fastest silver can". This layout takes some of that factor away which creates for more even racing which is essential in a spec race such as tcs.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

All good points, but remember that TCS events draw a racing crowd with a significant variance in skill level.

Even though I really enjoy the current layout, it would be advisable to:
* have one that is slightly more open than one that is too technical...although to a certain extent that should be driven by the number of Novice Spec class entries
* take into account how deep the left and right side turns are on the track- how close the apex comes to the drivers' side wall. For some reason, TCS events seem to attract a high proportion of large-bellied gentlemen who hang over the rail and block the view of other drivers on the stand. I'm just sayin'...
* determine whether the cars can be marshalled quickly and easily. Otherwise you'll have people jumping barriers, going the wrong way on the track & hitting other cars, and causing general mayhem. Been there, seen that.

Just my $.02 & worth what you paid for it.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We will (as planned) change the layout for TCS. After seeing Todd's car go around the track with Tamiya rubber and a 13.5 it's my opinion that the layout needs to be altered. The other reason is the locals shouldn't have the advantage as the layout has already been down for two weeks and if it is the same on the 15th that will make it over a month of practice time for the locals. Suggestions are welcome for the new layout, and if we get enough people to help with the change we will vote on the best one, like we did for the current layout.

We will start at 2pm as always this Saturday. I started early last week so people could get to their dinners and significant others in time for a little hoochie on Valentines Day. If enough people want to start early just let me know on Saturdays and I'll take it into consideration. If the turnout is substantial then we will change the start time.

Casey
Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.rctech.net/forum/5128795-post7298.html

I have a better one draw to scale on a piece of paper scaled to the track by Jamie Hanson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.