Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

[Common sense goes a long way in this world...[/QUOTE]

Pete, I agree wholeheartedly with your post . But I don't think regulating is the point of this thread. I think most people are just venting. It's nice sometimes just to know that someone else thinks like you do about some of this crap.

See ya at the track!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital

Common sense goes a long way in this world...
Yes it does!
Seems like some people forgot that when growing up.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is a car audio forum that I am on all the time and the way they do the buy, sell, trade section is great. One of there rules is pics are mandatory or the thread gets deleted.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Something else that should be considered here. There has been a few times I saw something for sale and wanted to buy it but the OP had less than 10 posts and 0 trader rating so I pass. Why don't we have a rule that the guy that's just starting out should have to ship first then get paid? This way he can get established as a seller. Am I the only one who thinks this is a good rule?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1209 (100%+)

Elex300: the only way to fairly protect both for a new trader is use an escrow, but that costs money. ALWAYS if possible, pay using paypal AND a credit card. Keep documents, PMs, and emails. If a fake tracking number is input by the shipper open a case immediately. They will refund you in less than 24 hours.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If we were to have a rule on here like the one in the post above then why would anybody be inclined to pay. Scammer's can work both way's then. Say they want something, get tracking info after it has be shipped by the seller, then just leave the forum's. I may not have a trader rating to stand on but I do know that what I sell is what I advertise it to be. There are people that are honest and dishonest. It just stink's that people scam one another.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT
If we were to have a rule on here like the one in the post above then why would anybody be inclined to pay. Scammer's can work both way's then. Say they want something, get tracking info after it has be shipped by the seller, then just leave the forum's. I may not have a trader rating to stand on but I do know that what I sell is what I advertise it to be. There are people that are honest and dishonest. It just stink's that people scam one another.
Most of us who are established here would never even think about not paying for something is this type of situation. I'm not saying a guy with 2 posts should ship first to a guy with 3 posts. But someone like Dave who is very active and is a great seller should have seniority (Maybe that's not the word that best describes). I just think it should be a 2 way street imho!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Even hookers make you pay first Nobody is going to ship something and hope they get paid.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Even hookers make you pay first Nobody is going to ship something and hope they get paid.
LMAO

Paying first is the way business works. No problem with that. People need to protect themselves however possible so they can either recoup their money or make sure they get what they thought they purchased.

For example in the trader section someone posted they sent a guy in oregon like $700 and the police did nothing. I would think if you filed a police report saying someone stole $700 and gave them the name, and all documents, etc that the police would take it very seriously. they would certainly not just accept that the guy hads no clue what they are talking about.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by chillymostly
I know alot of you guys on here get irritated like me when you see some of these for sale threads. So I decided to compile a list of my for sale negatives.

1. Cleanliness is next to godliness lol. CLEAN YOUR STUFF BEFORE YOU TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR STUFF!!! Do you really expect to sell something covered in mud and dirt? That is a complete turn off of purchase for me. All that tells me is that you don't care about your item at all, you probably beat the crap out of it, and have alot of issues with it so you just want to get it off of your hands.

2. POST PICTURES. Do you know how annoying it is to click on a thread only to be greeted by no pics? That just shows laziness, again a complete purchase turn off. "I dont know how to post pics here, Ill text or email you pics". That phrase just screams i stole pics from somebody else and i have a better chance of not getting caught if i dont post them for everybody to see.

3. "I got to get this gone", "I need this outta here" and whatever other meth addict phrases you say. That just sounds like your a crack head who just stole something and looking to fence it. It does not make me want to buy.

4. ALUMINUM PARTS DOES NOT INCREASE THE VALUE OF YOUR RC $1000. You can put all the bling you want on a tmaxx, but at the end of the day its still just a tmaxx. Its your money pit, don't bling it out if you dont plan on keeping it because you will never recoup all that money.

5. 400 + shipping + paypal fees. Really? Paypal fees? Dude YOUR SELLING AN ITEM, THEREFOR THEY ARE YOUR SELLER FEES. Nobody asked YOU to sell YOUR item. YOU made a conscious decision to sell something, YOU take the hit. As soon as I see + paypal fees, thats my que to exit thread immediately.

6. Feller thread. What the heck is a feller thread. Every thread is a feller thread. If you dont get the price you want, your not going to sell. Isn't every thread like that?

If you follow this guide your item will sell.

I want to hear what anybody else has to add to the list.
I hate when people try sell stuff for more what they got it for or a substantial amount more than what everyone else knows it goes for.
I'm tired of seeing RC8T and Losi 1.0 rollers asking for $400.
DUDE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET THAT STOP IT.
People must realize when you are selling stuff USED you are most likely going to get half of what you paid for it maybe a lil more....NOT $10 less than what it will cost me in the store.
Also just cause you got ripped off and bought something from the higher vendor in america does not mean I am going to cover your ignorance and let you charge me more. It's not my fault you did not shop around and get the better price everyone else knows.

All in all I really think you created a good list bud. Hopefully people will take notice and stop that FEELER THREAD BS or that you pay paypal fees etc...I'm not going to pay to a fee to to be able to and when I am the one buying something from you!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
Elex300: the only way to fairly protect both for a new trader is use an escrow, but that costs money. ALWAYS if possible, pay using paypal AND a credit card. Keep documents, PMs, and emails. If a fake tracking number is input by the shipper open a case immediately. They will refund you in less than 24 hours.
Make sure to seller just didn't make a "typo" First. I've done that by mistake and I am glad someone didn't open up a paypal case on me. I always say be nice and keep you eyes and ears open.

See ya at the track!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Bump

Should be sticky
Old 02-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think there should be a post count minimum. ex: seller should have at least 50 posts before being able to start selling that way it shows that the seller is active on the forum.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Pictures!....

It should be a rule to require a picture at the time of the original post. I would vote to make it a requirement for all "for sale/trade" posts (If a vote was offered on the subject).

Great post!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Annnnnnnd this is why my item ends up on page 15 in a just couple hrs...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.