Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 03-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Do exactly that and there won't be a problem, simple as that.

You want people to stop crying about being asked to pay PP fees but at the same time you want sellers to simply include it in their asking price, so which one is it

And there is a way to control how people work their threads, it's called the delete button, get's used everyday...and not just by me.

Like them or not the rules are what they are, end of story.
I'm not exactly so sure what's difficult to understand in this entire concept.

You said:

You want people to stop crying about being asked to pay PP fees but at the same time you want sellers to simply include it in their asking price, so which one is it
You couldn't be more on the mark. This isn't an "or" but an "and" type thing --- "Stop crying about being asked to pay PP fees AND sellers just include it into your sale price"

Not sure what the confusion is. People need to stop their belly aching over someone asking for PP fees whether it be in the description, a PM, an e-mail, the invoice from PP -- who cares. It's all the same. Sellers will always get their fees one way or another. They won't EVER eat them. It's that simple.

And there is a way to control how people work their threads, it's called the delete button, get's used everyday...and not just by me.
Agreed. There is also something called archiving. Invest some $$ from the Kellog's ad into an IT guru setting up some system logic.

Like them or not the rules are what they are, end of story.
I love rules. It's what maintains order.
But only if they make sense. Trying to force people NOT to ask for PP fees in their description or via PM's (or other forms of private communication) when it's allowed to be added into the sale price kind of twists the question back on you......

Old 03-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Used parts are not brand new!

I hate it when people put "BRAND NEW" in the title then you open the thread and it says "only used for 2 runs!" and they want 95% of new price for it. If you soldered it up, glued it up, bolted it on, whatever, IT'S USED! Expect to get 75% of what you paid for it if you paid retail, at best. For anything more than that I'm going to just buy a new one.

Maybe that's just me...
Old 03-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Sarinexia, you or anyone else doesn't like the rules... then don't sell on here.

Go to Ebay and tell buyers you want $x for your item plus 12% for Ebays fees and another 3% for PP's fees. Let us all know how that works out

Your thoughts on feedback, I do agree with you.

Agreed.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Agree

+1 If a seller ask for pp fees I don't buy from them. Easy ain't it.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN
+1 If a seller ask for pp fees I don't buy from them. Easy ain't it.
+1000000000000000000

If you don't like the new rules go to fleabay and deal with their rules and see how you like it
Old 03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Why is it buyers feel inclined to tell you how to ship your item. My favorite "Will you knock $ off the price and you can ship it the cheapest way possible,I don't care". Sure I could but I won't because the longer it's in transit the better the chances of it being damaged are and then your gonna call me crying about it. My other favorite is "Will you take this much $ for it? You should be able to cram it in a small box and only cost this amount for shipping" Again if you want to negotiate asking price fine but don't use cheaper shipping as a bargaining tool.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:17 AM
Suspended

You can not enforce a "no asking for PP fees" policy when it's allowed to be added into the sale price. It makes zero sense. The only way this rule could truly be enforced is if there were set prices (like retail) on each and every item sold on here.... And being this is a used market that is impossible.

So I'll say it again --- if you allow people to put the PP fees in the price; how can you enforce a rule not to ask for PP fees? Essentially your telling the sellers and buyers it's ok the seller recoups PP fees as long as its in the sale price and you don't say a word about it otherwise.

Am I the ONLY one who sees how silly of a rule this is? I'm not against a no asking for PP fees rule, but again... Rules need to make sense. If there is a no PP fees policy.... It should be a straight no PP fees policy, yet, a blind eye is turned if the seller adds it into their sale price. Heck, if the seller doesn't say anything how would we even know???

It's simply not enforceable...... And personally I could care less of a seller asks me for PP fees. If anything... It's another bargaining chip I can use.

Just take a moment and think about this....
Old 03-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Here is the section of the paypal TOS on the matter

No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods). Nor does this restriction apply to Pound-denominated transactions by sellers residing in the United Kingdom listing items for sale on a UK-based website.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sarinexia
You can not enforce a "no asking for PP fees" policy when it's allowed to be added into the sale price. It makes zero sense. The only way this rule could truly be enforced is if there were set prices (like retail) on each and every item sold on here.... And being this is a used market that is impossible.

So I'll say it again --- if you allow people to put the PP fees in the price; how can you enforce a rule not to ask for PP fees? Essentially your telling the sellers and buyers it's ok the seller recoups PP fees as long as its in the sale price and you don't say a word about it otherwise.

Am I the ONLY one who sees how silly of a rule this is? I'm not against a no asking for PP fees rule, but again... Rules need to make sense. If there is a no PP fees policy.... It should be a straight no PP fees policy, yet, a blind eye is turned if the seller adds it into their sale price. Heck, if the seller doesn't say anything how would we even know???

It's simply not enforceable...... And personally I could care less of a seller asks me for PP fees. If anything... It's another bargaining chip I can use.

Just take a moment and think about this....

I'm going to going to say his plain and simple. Its douche baggy to ask for pp fee's. That's it. No you cant enforce it. But just so everybody knows, you look like a broke douche bag when you ask for paypal fees. If you cant afford to take that little hit with out noticing, then i don't think your broke a$$ should be involved in rc. ITS EXPENSIVE. GET ANOTHER HOBBY!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chillymostly
Its douche baggy to ask for pp fee's. That's it. No you cant enforce it. But just so everybody knows, you look like a broke douche bag when you ask for paypal fees.
+1000

"douche baggy" Add that to the urban dictionary if its not already there. ROFLMA!!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Think about it... You have a $1000 rc car, but need the extra 4 bucks in your PayPal when you go to sell it???? Get real
Old 03-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Suspended

The argument here is not whether or not it's "douche baggy"......

It's not about whether it's going to cost 4 bucks -- (btw, on a 1000 RC car the fee is $39.00 --- I bed you'd cry over that one)....

It's about all the over people complaining when a seller is asking for PP fees and that the rules need to be strongly enforced to oppose this type of non-sense. The point is --- they simply cant if the rules allow the seller to add it into their sale price. There's no difference between that, or asking for them flat out.

And I've never asked for PP fees. I throw it into my sale price. That simple. And when I buy --- I ask for it to do DEDUCTED from the sale price because I know they are doing the same thing. If people don't like that --- well, they will have a tough time here because it happens all-the-time.

Regarding the little PP blub:

#1. We aren't merchants
#2. And even if we are considered merchants (or fall under that category) we are allowed to charge a "handling fee".

So is that it? Semantics? We all know a "handling fee" is a surcharge to recoup PP fees, yet, PP turns a blind eye to someone who states they charged a "handling fee" because it's within their TOS.

So ----- if people ask for a 3.9% handling fee, still going to get all bent out of shape it's against the rules?

In the words of Chilly -- don't be a "Douche baggy" and over PP fees. Throw it into the sale price -- and buyers negotiate the price less 3.9%. If a deal doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Just don't go to everyone else how you hate people trying to not eat PP fees.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Suspended

Here's some more food for thought (and I'm playing devil's advocate on this one for the sake of argument on both sides) -----

PP protects the seller AND the buyer, right? Protects the seller by guaranteeing funds, and protects the buyer against fraudulent sales, items not as described, etc..... (And before the Nay Sayers chime in ---- this is the "concept" of Pay Pal protection in a basic sense).

So --- Why not split the PP fees between the buyer AND the seller? Each are using their services in one form or another ---- why not just make it equal? So in the example from Mr. $4 over a $1000 RC (which, is really $39....... I wonder if he's broke LOL) --- why not just say as the buyer / seller, "Hey, I'll split the PP difference with ya. $19.50 a piece, deal? If someone STILL won't deal with you after a compromise like that, yeah, they are douche baggy.

But I will say it's as EQUALLY douche baggy for all buyers to want to take zero responsibility for the services being provided by PP and putting it all on the sellers. The benefits go both ways --- Offer up 50% of PP fees, because I think the buyers are the cheap wieners in disguise putting it all on the sellers.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sarinexia
The argument here is not whether or not it's "douche baggy"......

It's not about whether it's going to cost 4 bucks -- (btw, on a 1000 RC car the fee is $39.00 --- I bed you'd cry over that one)....

It's about all the over people complaining when a seller is asking for PP fees and that the rules need to be strongly enforced to oppose this type of non-sense. The point is --- they simply cant if the rules allow the seller to add it into their sale price. There's no difference between that, or asking for them flat out.

And I've never asked for PP fees.I throw it into my sale price. That simple. And when I buy --- I ask for it to do DEDUCTED from the sale price because I know they are doing the same thing. If people don't like that --- well, they will have a tough time here because it happens all-the-time.

Regarding the little PP blub:

#1. We aren't merchants
#2. And even if we are considered merchants (or fall under that category) we are allowed to charge a "handling fee".

So is that it? Semantics? We all know a "handling fee" is a surcharge to recoup PP fees, yet, PP turns a blind eye to someone who states they charged a "handling fee" because it's within their TOS.

So ----- if people ask for a 3.9% handling fee, still going to get all bent out of shape it's against the rules?

In the words of Chilly -- don't be a "Douche baggy" and over PP fees. Throw it into the sale price -- and buyers negotiate the price less 3.9%. If a deal doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Just don't go to everyone else how you hate people trying to not eat PP fees.
So your saying its ok for you to add it to the price, but not ok with others? Aren't you contradicting your own argument about the added rule?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
So your saying its ok for you to add it to the price, but not ok with others? Aren't you contradicting your own argument about the added rule?
I'm saying add Pp fees into the price as a seller. Ask for 3.9% less of what u Settle on as a buyer. That's what I do, and will always do. Isnt just for me.....

Half the battle is simply sloooowing down and reading carefully.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.