Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default WOW ISNT THAT THE TRUTH

I THINK HE COVERED ALL THE BASES AND THEN SOME
Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 316 (100%+)

I Like the thread, The Post defiantly is entertaining!! LOL , but it seems kind of funny coming from someone with a +3 trader rating!!

OOOOO and we have a contender! DING DING!! I think he covered the basis!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...x2-zx5-bb.html
Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Waflet
Hideeho
I do it from my iPhone w/ no probs.

get the photobucket app
Take your pic
Start the photobucket & up load your pic
Hit the I button on the pic & copy the HTML link
Come to rctech.net & type your add
Paste the photobucket link somewhere in the add
Voila, you have a pic in your add from your phone

I assume photobucket has apps for other phones (android, blackberry, etc). They should work very similarly.

My gripe is if you do a deal, leave feedback! Good or bad, the world needs to know.

I would suggest leaving the final offered price in the add after it has been marked clearly at the top, in large, bold, colored text as sold. This will give sellers & buyers alike a chance to research what something is worth used.
The Photobucket app is a godsend. IDK if you're also a Mac user, but wow getting photos from iPhoto onto Photobucket is like pulling teeth.

In regards to the final selling price, I used to leave it along with a SOLD tag beside the price, but over time just followed suit to the convention of omitting the sale price. I do agree though, it helps determine the true market value of items and helps prevent over-inflated prices (see: MyLaps Transponders)
Old 02-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

k1ller rc, Hahahahaha nice find!!! This is a great thread....although I have found myself committing a couple of these infraction.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Me toooo? I use the no lowballer thing, I hate it when I ask 60% of a new Item and then some on comes in asking for 50% off that! But, I think thats about my biggest thing!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wonder if peeps know if they ask for PP Fees and someone screen shots that post and sends it to Paypal, their account will be suspended. I HATE when peeps ask for them.
the other thing that drive me nuts is when they dont put a price and try that best offer crap. and people ask and they do "PM Sent". Who cares if you sent a PM put up a freaking price!
thats just my .02
Rob
Old 02-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

All valid point's, but to me personally the WORST of all is the Savage, and Tmaxx owners.........Call me RC-Profiling......but seriously they have to be the worst of the worst......

Ive seen BONE STOCK savage x's with a pipe.......with the word "tons of hop ups" and then a price tag of a gazillion dollars.......

Or the T-Maxx guy with more money than god in alloy parts.....and ofcrouse he ask's 2,000 grand.......

Lowballers don't bother me, lack of pics.....EEEHHH yea they bother but 9 times out of 10 its usually something i don't care about like some random RTR type car.

What really gets to me are all these super inflated prices that they will never see in a million years, and i cant help but think to my self.........WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE ON?!?!?!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sir,

I give you a massive CO-SIGN on all of the above. In thinking about it I might have to go back and check my previous threads to make sure I have not been guilty.........
Old 02-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well said. Since we're on a rant here's mine. What about the people who can't figure out the difference of having something for sale and selling something. "I have my tmaxx for sell". or "I want to sale my truck". Really?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Juice
Well said. Since we're on a rant here's mine. What about the people who can't figure out the difference of having something for sale and selling something. "I have my tmaxx for sell". or "I want to sale my truck". Really?
lmao @ tim... don't even get me started on spelling. i might not use punctuation properly or capitalize when i ought to (that's just laziness) but i'm never too lazy to spell out THEY'RE, THEIR, OR THERE and use each appropriately.

keep cutting the education budgets... and " there gonna have all there stuff for sell' to pay rent because nobody will higher them BWAHAHAHA

(yes, i know that's supposed to be spelled hire)
Old 02-15-2012, 01:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by BigNasty
lmao @ tim... don't even get me started on spelling. i might not use punctuation properly or capitalize when i ought to (that's just laziness) but i'm never too lazy to spell out THEY'RE, THEIR, OR THERE and use each appropriately.

keep cutting the education budgets... and " there gonna have all there stuff for sell' to pay rent because nobody will higher them BWAHAHAHA <------- YUP

(yes, i know that's supposed to be spelled hire)

Thats freekin awsum(<--and yes that's on purpose)
Old 02-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This thread is too funny.

I love the ones I have been seeing lately where someone buys something and then has to turn around and sell it quickly to pay a bill. (and then they ask for the same price as what I could get it new, at retail from AMain shipped to me, and with warranty and all paperwork) Or they have a truck, put $200 in parts into it then ask for $100 more that what the original car unused was worth. Like said before, you won't get your money back out of hop ups.

People with motorcycles are the WORST for this. I LMAO when people are like it's got $800 powdercoated rims and some super chain so they ask $1,000 more than anyone else is selling their stuff for. they point out their expensive project and I just say well take those items off then and see how fast it sells. LOL
Old 02-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiamizFinest
All valid point's, but to me personally the WORST of all is the Savage, and Tmaxx owners.........Call me RC-Profiling......but seriously they have to be the worst of the worst......

Ive seen BONE STOCK savage x's with a pipe.......with the word "tons of hop ups" and then a price tag of a gazillion dollars.......

Or the T-Maxx guy with more money than god in alloy parts.....and ofcrouse he ask's 2,000 grand.......

Lowballers don't bother me, lack of pics.....EEEHHH yea they bother but 9 times out of 10 its usually something i don't care about like some random RTR type car.

What really gets to me are all these super inflated prices that they will never see in a million years, and i cant help but think to my self.........WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE ON?!?!?!
Yeah seriously. People need to stop asking extra for their hop ups, its their own fault they added them and then decided to not keep the car. Your not selling a real classic car or hot rod here, its not going to go up in value. Ill pay more for spare parts but hop ups forget it. Again suck up the loss, you will sell your car faster.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete720
Yeah seriously. People need to stop asking extra for their hop ups, its their own fault they added them and then decided to not keep the car. Your not selling a real classic car or hot rod here, its not going to go up in value. Ill pay more for spare parts but hop ups forget it. Again suck up the loss, you will sell your car faster.
I think people forget supply and demand. Just because the hopups have no value to you, does not mean they have no value to someone else. That is the cool thing about this place, is people can list whatever they want, for whatever they want. If the marketplace cannot bear the price they are asking, it will not sell. Sometimes you have to let common sense dictate how things work, not try and over regulate it. Someone who does not add pictures, or is putting off people with high prices, will not sell their item as quickly, or at all. They learn, or they move on.

I am just against this teddy bear society mentality that we all have to live in padded cells and safety scissors and someone has to make and enforce those rules to "protect" us.

If you want a do's and don'ts, look at the real problems with the for sale forum.

DO -

Pay for an item you want to purchase
Pay in a timely fashion
Send the item that was paid for
Send it in a timely fashion

DONT -

Misrepresent the item you are selling
Sell the same item to 6 people then skip town

I can live with paypal fees and blurry pictures, as long as the item shows up, is as described, and doesn't take 6 months to arrive...

Common sense goes a long way in this world...
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Some of the "Hop ups" are performance related and should/do increase current value. Some people like "bling" others like the color of the hop ups.
I don't mind what they ask. I mind what I'm willing to pay.
Speaking of pay.... I will never pay someones Paypal fees.
Lack of effort on posting Pics is my next pet peeve!

See ya at the track!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.