Like Tree58Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 03-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Its become apparent that everyone wants this rule, or that rule to make this all work the way we want. Really, IMO what hasn't become apparent is that its all for not, because 90% of the buy/sell browsers do not read or follow the rules we have. Adding more rules isn't going to help, when the few we do have are not being followed.
Not being followed and certainly not enforced. Otherwise at any given time over half the posts on a single page would need to be deleted.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default hey nice comments

I like your posts but the part with the dirty rc in the pictures. I think if they say I didn't clean it and I am asking way below what it should be then I jump on it yes it is better to clean before you take pic to sell but if you know your cutting a deal. also anybody in this hobby knows that you never get into to get ahead.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Some people just don't get it. I just viewed a Tekin 8.5 for sale listed at $50. I ask what is the best price he can let it go for and he replies back $51.50 and explains the extra 1.50 is for paypal fees. You gotta be kidding me.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

If people would start reporting to paypal, and paypal seizes their accounts, maybe it would change. But until it becomes more then people just complaining about it, it will just continue.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
Some people just don't get it. I just viewed a Tekin 8.5 for sale listed at $50. I ask what is the best price he can let it go for and he replies back $51.50 and explains the extra 1.50 is for paypal fees. You gotta be kidding me.
Report this person to a mod in the sale area, and I'm sure they will give them some time off, rules are rules. Reporting people is the only way things will change.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
Report this person to a mod in the sale area, and I'm sure they will give them some time off, rules are rules. Reporting people is the only way things will change.
Racer1812 (mod) has made it pretty clear lately that he's not going to tolerate that stuff. Forward him the PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

^^^Excellent idea

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
If people would start reporting to paypal, and paypal seizes their accounts, maybe it would change. But until it becomes more then people just complaining about it, it will just continue.
Originally Posted by marvinbeaverdip View Post
Racer1812 (mod) has made it pretty clear lately that he's not going to tolerate that stuff. Forward him the PM.
First time offenders get a warning, free of charge. Second offense comes at an additional..umm cost (PP fees included of course)
Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Look --- It's never going to end. Figure it into your regular dealings on here.

If I don't want to pay for PP fees I'll put it at $51.50 in the description and just say non-negotiable. If I want shipping I'll put whatever I want for shipping on top of the PP fees on top of the sale price. I don't get why all the problems and complaining over PP fees when you'll either pay for it on the front end or the back end. Sellers NEVER eat PP fees, and to think they do is naive. Sellers may say, "PP fees and Shipping all included" --- BUT they are getting what they want for their product with these things figured in ------ so who cares if they say you owe for PP fees or not. Either way, the buyer will be paying for it.

This is how the market works. Costs / fees are always, ALWAYS passed to the consumer.

It is the way it is. Quit you're and get over it. If you don't want to deal with the guy because he asks for $1.50 more which can barely buy you a candy bar --- then move on.

Personally --- I think I'm just saying what a lot of people want to say about this, but are afraid of ridicule.

Last edited by Sarinexia; 03-16-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
Too many people dont read the threads through, so putting sold where the price was makes it so they (hopefully) wont bump a dead thread with an offer.
Put in a suggestion with RCT to have sale posts over 3 months old with no activity deleted automatically. That would solve a lot of problems, wouldn't it? If people are actively selling, their thread isn't going to sit for 3 months with no activity.

I'm sure the technology is available to set up system logic for this to happen, and if it's not --- I'm sure it can be acquired. God knows money isn't coming from thin air with all these advertisements of cereal and go-pro camera's on here. --------- Reinvest into the site. Make improvements.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sarinexia View Post
Look --- It's never going to end. Figure it into your regular dealings on here.

If I don't want to pay for PP fees I'll put it at $51.50 in the description and just say non-negotiable. If I want shipping I'll put whatever I want for shipping on top of the PP fees on top of the sale price. I don't get why all the problems and complaining over PP fees when you'll either pay for it on the front end or the back end. Sellers NEVER eat PP fees, and to think they do is naive. Sellers may say, "PP fees and Shipping all included" --- BUT they are getting what they want for their product with these things figured in ------ so who cares if they say you owe for PP fees or not. Either way, the buyer will be paying for it.

This is how the market works. Costs / fees are always, ALWAYS passed to the consumer.

It is the way it is. Quit you're and get over it. If you don't want to deal with the guy because he asks for $1.50 more which can barely buy you a candy bar --- then move on.

Personally --- I think I'm just saying what a lot of people want to say about this, but are afraid of ridicule.

I disagree and I'm a pretty active seller on here. If the seller is too cheap to pay the 1.50 in fees he should have put 51.50 as his asking price, not try and nickel and dime the buyer in a PM asking for an extra 1.50! Its not the cost, its the principle

I do agree the seller's get the asking price they want, so just include the fees in your asking price, and stop about the 3% fees! Just add them into the price, its really that simple...
Old 03-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by FatalTundra View Post
Responses regarding feedback/trader rating after a sale; I have noticed that many sellers ask for feedback first while saying I'll leave feedback after I receive it. I have always viewed feedback, EBay as well, as that the seller leaves it first if payment was prompt, communication good etc. EBay has since changed their policy regarding sellers using feedback as a leverage (i.e. you leave me good feedback and I'll do the same in return). I look at it as a customer, you advertised, I paid regarding your advertisement, therefore if you stand behind your product, leave feedback first! This is just my opinion, any ideas? Thanks.
Here's the problem --- I'm going to put my seller hat on.

I made a sale that was a 700 dollar transaction on here. I put a lot of TLC into the conversion of what I sold making sure everything was sell worthy. There were a ton of hop ups --- blah blah blah.

I got payment & sent the product. I didn't leave feedback yet.

The truck was received by the buyer. I received some complaints how this and that were not like he thought they should be. I stated CLEARLY to him "This is what is in the description, this is what you get". Now the non-sense he was complaining over was used bearings (not bad at all) and a couple of other small things. This thing was CLEAN!!!! and I have the pictures to prove it. Same sale pictures I put up. It didn't see anything off road and only had a battery or so of run time.

Nothing, NOTHING was going to make this guy happy until he could run me for some kind of $$ amount back. I got so frustrated with this guy I told him just to put in a PP dispute. I didn't care anymore. Of course he didn't.

He found that I inaccurately (by mistake) did not include a smart center diff. I didn't realize it wasn't a smart diff (as I didn't have any experience with them). I simply borrowed the hop up description from the guy I bought the truck from.

I agreed to refund him 50% of the cost for a new center smart diff considering the truck was sold at 50% of retail value. I figured this to be fair. He agreed. Think I got positive feedback? Nope. He didn't even say a word back. Do you think I would have got negative feedback if I had left it immediately for him? YEP! Why?? Because there's no risk he will get negative feedback --- but because I held off --- so did he. It was the only protection I had against this fool.

So --- is it right for sellers to hold feedback until items are received? No -- it's not, BUT -- I understand why it's done. Some people are simply so unreasonable it's one of the only ways to protect your reputation.

Time to put my "buyer" hat on ---

If I buy from you, my payment is quick --- give me positive feedback. If you don't, believe me, I completely understand why. I won't give you snot over it. Just please do it once you receive mine.

Personally --- the feedback system, Ebay and RCT alike, is flawed.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Sarinexia, you or anyone else doesn't like the rules... then don't sell on here.

Go to Ebay and tell buyers you want $x for your item plus 12% for Ebays fees and another 3% for PP's fees. Let us all know how that works out

Your thoughts on feedback, I do agree with you.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kylar View Post
I disagree and I'm a pretty active seller on here. If the seller is too cheap to pay the 1.50 in fees he should have put 51.50 as his asking price, not try and nickel and dime the buyer in a PM asking for an extra 1.50! Its not the cost, its the principle

I do agree the seller's get the asking price they want, so just include the fees in your asking price, and stop about the 3% fees! Just add them into the price, its really that simple...
lol ......... you just agreed with me.

It's the old "Put up and shut up" theory. Put up your PP fees in the asking price, and everyone else quit your .

Nothing much beyond that, but you can't control how people want to work their listings. If they ask for PP fees, and you don't like it out of principal -- simply walk away. Easy enough. It's not even worth mentioning in a post.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Sarinexia, you or anyone else doesn't like the rules... then don't sell on here.

Go to Ebay and tell buyers you want $x for your item plus 12% for Ebays fees and another 3% for PP's fees. Let us all know how that works out

You are obviously one of the people that doesn't read a post:

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Go to Ebay and tell buyers you want $x for your item plus 12% for Ebays fees and another 3% for PP's fees.

Look at what I said not 20 minutes ago:

If I don't want to pay for PP fees I'll put it at $51.50 in the description and just say non-negotiable. If I want shipping I'll put whatever I want for shipping on top of the PP fees on top of the sale price.

This is why there are so many problems.
R-E-A-D.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Sarinexia View Post
You are obviously one of the people that doesn't read a post:

Look at what I said not 20 minutes ago:

If I don't want to pay for PP fees I'll put it at $51.50 in the description and just say non-negotiable. If I want shipping I'll put whatever I want for shipping on top of the PP fees on top of the sale price.

This is why there are so many problems.
R-E-A-D.

Do exactly that and there won't be a problem, simple as that.

You want people to stop crying about being asked to pay PP fees but at the same time you want sellers to simply include it in their asking price, so which one is it

And there is a way to control how people work their threads, it's called the delete button, get's used everyday...and not just by me.

Like them or not the rules are what they are, end of story.

Last edited by racer1812; 03-16-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.