Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisk
i have a Vta question since i cant view the VTA thread because of its on-going isues.

we have just started running VTA recently in Australia and it is starting to get a bit more popular.

what is the wear rate of the tyres, after about 4 shows (2 heats and a main, each show) i have just about worn the fronts down to bald.

is this normal and how long do they perform whilst bald?
Running on asphalt or carpet. I run on carpet and have about 6 races and many practice laps n my current set and they look brand new.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you are running aggresively on high bite asphalt then they get worn down to slick pretty quickly, however thats where they perform the best when bald. On carpet the VTA tires will last a good portion of a racing season, however on carpet the performance deteriorates noticeably when the tread is gone.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ChrisK - if you just simply go into your UserCP (Top Left in the Blue Link Bar) and click on "Edit Options"

Then scroll down the page until you see "Thread Display Options", and in the drop down menu that says "Thread Display Mode" select "Linear - Newest First"

Save your settings, and the MOST Recent post in a thread will be the FIRST message you see when opening a thread. All the problems pretty much go away, unless you want to then go read the old original messages.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I seem to recall 96 racers,(Maybe it was 96 entries) at the Music City Southern VTA Nationals at Thunder RC. Were there any TC classes? Because I was thinking that it was all VTA and USGT. Concourse was awesome at that event. The pics from it remind me of the big VTA races in Doug Carters pics. That was a great race. The winner from the Southern Nats went on to dominate VTA at the Snowbirds. GO DAVE.

Come to Nashville Tony. We will show you a nice VTA race.
the USVTA Southern Nationals and the USVTA Scale Nationals are the 2 top USVTA events..imo...bringing in 90+ entries each

The USVTA Scale Nats was the USVTA Nationals with just VTA as the class in 2008-2009, it was held in Wintrop Harbors,IL at the Track @ Harbor Hobbies, outside of Chicago. It was later changed to The Scale Nationals after RCGT,Mini, and F1 was added to the program in 2010. In 2011, USGT replaced RCGT. This event is still the "FATHER" of VTA racing, and reconized as the true USVTA National Champion...

The USVTA Southern Nationals in Music City, USA as its now called was the Music City Championship back in 2008. This event was held in Nashville,TN and gathered 40+ VTA racers in its 1st year with racers coming as far as Indy, thanks Brian Smith. In 2009 we added a spec 17.5 TC class. It got the attention of alot of out of town racers with VTA still the top class with divisions in Jr , Rookie, Sportsman,and Pro Expert. 2010 was more of the same with the MCC, but the winds of change was coming. With our "Godfather of VTA" , Mr Moore stepping down as RD. I started working on a National event for USVTA in the South. And after almost 2 years of planning, we ended up with the USVTA Southern Nationals. With alot of help from racers, friends, other tracks, other race directors, and my wonderful family...we created a perfect sidekick to the Scale Nats.

boy did I just ramble...lol..sorry...back to you Snoop...Dave Dominate?...oh you just stirred the pot...lol...

Ill get another shot at Dave if he shows in Chi...and you too Mr US VTA, Rob King

pics from both events over the last couple years Ive been
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-p1020100.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-usvta-scale-national-championships-2010-044.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-darksideracing025m.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-trophytimem.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-vtagridm.jpg  

Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

more
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-usvta_2009_007.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-track.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-music-city-championship-021.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-img_0489ahmm.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-usvta-nationals-2009-098.jpg  

Old 03-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you are running aggresively on high bite asphalt then they get worn down to slick pretty quickly, however thats where they perform the best when bald. On carpet the VTA tires will last a good portion of a racing season, however on carpet the performance deteriorates noticeably when the tread is gone.
sorry, should have said Asphalt on a med grip track, as i said about 4 nights racing and they are bald, but they are still giving me great grip, do you guys goop? on asphalt?

and what are some of the changes you make to a VTA car over your tourer to get them to handle better?

i softened springs, oil last night which was a big step for better turn in, just seemed lazy on initial turn in, but after those changes it improved 100%
Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chrisk
sorry, should have said Asphalt on a med grip track, as i said about 4 nights racing and they are bald, but they are still giving me great grip, do you guys goop? on asphalt?

and what are some of the changes you make to a VTA car over your tourer to get them to handle better?

i softened springs, oil last night which was a big step for better turn in, just seemed lazy on initial turn in, but after those changes it improved 100%
I was pretty sure that you were talking about asphalt because I have never heard of that kind of wear on carpet. I cant help you on goop. We use it on bodies. Never tires.

Edit: If you are talking about tire sauce then yes I use SXT on carpet and asphalt. Sometimes sticky kicks. Sometimes Paragon. Sometimes nothing.

Battman - Thanks for the report. Thats exactly what I was looking for.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I took the classic Javelin VTA scheme and modified it a bit to suit a Red Bull sponsorship. In hindsight, I think this would have looked better had i just followed the classic color scheme and made the yellow portion red, and the red stripe be white or yellow... but overall I still think it looks pretty sweet.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have searched and can not locate an answer. Was there ever a VTA car running the number 81?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gundevil-81
I have searched and can not locate an answer. Was there ever a VTA car running the number 81?
Your best bet would be to go through here: http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/byyear.php

But they were pretty lax with record keeping. Most of the time it's just driver, make/model and finishing information. Car numbers and such are missing more often than not.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-chassisMark
I took the classic Javelin VTA scheme and modified it a bit to suit a Red Bull sponsorship. In hindsight, I think this would have looked better had i just followed the classic color scheme and made the yellow portion red, and the red stripe be white or yellow... but overall I still think it looks pretty sweet.

As a fan of the J71 shell, I say it looks great. I think it's good that you kept close to the original scheme but put a twist on it. The OG r/w/b scheme is awesome but has been done way too many times over at this point. So good work on that one.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FauxMako
Your best bet would be to go through here: http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/byyear.php

But they were pretty lax with record keeping. Most of the time it's just driver, make/model and finishing information. Car numbers and such are missing more often than not.
Thank you. That did help. I was able to find that Paul Nichter drom a mustang 351 in August of 67 in Onterio Canada, but I am having problems finding a pic of the car.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gundevil-81
for all the pictures I can find the only cars I can find are the 86 , 87 ,88 nothing in 81
Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

I have run into the same issue. It appears that he only raced 2 races in that particular car. He was racing for Tope Racing.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
As a fan of the J71 shell, I say it looks great. I think it's good that you kept close to the original scheme but put a twist on it. The OG r/w/b scheme is awesome but has been done way too many times over at this point. So good work on that one.
Yep, I agree. The yellow was the RIGHT choice! There are too many of the others out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.