Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree457Likes

Your Custom Paintjobs

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Painted for Nicolai Sørensen
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-28.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-29.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-30.jpg  
Old 04-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok so now how many post do you have to put on here in order to insert a photo from photobucket. I keep trying to do it just to see if I can get it to work, but unfortunately the RC site here says I haven't done enough posts. So, here is another post................how many I got left to do now? LOL
Old 04-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Some ShopUFO inspired stuff I painted:

Old 04-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Nice paint jobs Solid. Hopefully will have my first one coming up soon. Putting on the liquid mask and waiting for it. Probably start outlining it tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Looks SOLID solid!
Old 04-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Very solid! You have some solid talent. Checked your website too, and all your work is super clean.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Fluoro Tribes.
Inspired by AE RC8truggy design. It's going on a TC5 so I'm sure AE won't mind that I borrowed one of their blades from the AE RC8t cause it's from the same tribe.

BTW, need tips re: overspray. I find that I'm getting unwanted dusting of surfaces next to where I'm spraying. See the purple on the guard in the pics, that's an example which I didn't mind too much cause I was trying to get some purple shades but other times when I don't want it I find that's it's really hard to eliminate say like when I'm trying to do lots of nice tight shadows, the panel which needs to remain clear tends to build up a light dusting that I can't remove and sometimes I can even faintly see the brush marks from the liquid mask (which was removed) attracting the paint particles like ghost static or something LOL.
I'm spraying as low as 17psi to do the finer detail with less paint flow but any lower and it starts to spit so maybe I'm totally off the mark with my set-up and/or technique. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Note: I do notice some colors are worse than others but generally it happens with all of them and gets worse the more pressure I use.

Paint: = fascolor. Airbrush = Premi-air G35 0.35mm nozzle.

Last edited by eXraycer; 04-27-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eXraycer
Fluoro Tribes.
Inspired by AE RC8truggy design. It's going on a TC5 so I'm sure AE won't mind that I borrowed one of their blades from the AE RC8t cause it's from the same tribe.

BTW, need tips re: overspray. I find that I'm getting unwanted dusting of surfaces next to where I'm spraying. See the purple on the guard in the pics, that's an example which I didn't mind too much cause I was trying to get some purple shades but other times when I don't want it I find that's it's really hard to eliminate say like when I'm trying to do lots of nice tight shadows, the panel which needs to remain clear tends to build up a light dusting that I can't remove and sometimes I can even faintly see the brush marks from the liquid mask (which was removed) attracting the paint particles like ghost static or something LOL.
I'm spraying as low as 17psi to do the finer detail with less paint flow but any lower and it starts to spit so maybe I'm totally off the mark with my set-up and/or technique. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Note: I do notice some colors are worse than others but generally it happens with all of them and gets worse the more pressure I use.

Paint: = fascolor. Airbrush = Premi-air G35 0.35mm nozzle.

You failed to mention if you thinned the paint or not. You can go down to about 10 psi if the paint is thinned well, and it appears as if the paint is blowing around quite a bit. Try a lesser amount of paint flow and the airbrush closer to the body. This will reduce the thickness of the lines and keep the paint from blowing around. When the pressure is too high, it tends to "bounce" off the body and deflect the paint into odd areas.

Great job on the design though, it looks awesome, i like it alot.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Wow..........After Solids and Exraycers paintings I don't know if I woant to put mine on here or not. Anyway here it comes................LOL This I did for my nephew, he is a big Colts fan. If you notice the shadow of the flames, I ran into a bit of a problem with the spraying. I think it was do to my paint I used. I had some createx from last year that I had bought to do some painting on some other projects, and it seem to not spray well for me and clogged up, the spit some and so on. So, a little practice on the shadows and some new paint will help hopefullly. The cutting with the exacto knife.......wow trying to do the curves and all with it is a little rough right now. But anyway this is my first paint job on this kind of stuff. Hopefully I will be like some of you on here with a few jobs under my belt. By the way, when lettering certain things like say my Colts on the hood of the truck, do you all use stencils, lettering or find something on the internet like I did and traced it? Just helpful tips will help me out. So be easy on me and don't laugh to hard at my first..................thanks all for advice on here and keep on painting.
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-imgp1462.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-imgp1463.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-imgp1468.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-imgp1469.jpg  
Old 04-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone give any tips on headlights and taillights?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

ok trying to use phototbucket to see if I can post a pic. Still haven't been able to succeed. Can anyone help. I go there and copy the IMG code then try to put it in the URL portion of the (insert image) area. All I get is a box with a red X. ANy help will be appreciated. Thanks all.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ~TJ~
ok trying to use phototbucket to see if I can post a pic. Still haven't been able to succeed. Can anyone help. I go there and copy the IMG code then try to put it in the URL portion of the (insert image) area. All I get is a box with a red X. ANy help will be appreciated. Thanks all.
Once its in photobucket, copy the img code, and then do NOTHING but paste it in the text box.

The result should look something like this [IMG] http://pho tobuc ket. com /b lah [/IMG]

Then preveiw the post, and you should be set if it works.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
You failed to mention if you thinned the paint or not. You can go down to about 10 psi if the paint is thinned well, and it appears as if the paint is blowing around quite a bit. Try a lesser amount of paint flow and the airbrush closer to the body. This will reduce the thickness of the lines and keep the paint from blowing around. When the pressure is too high, it tends to "bounce" off the body and deflect the paint into odd areas.

Great job on the design though, it looks awesome, i like it alot.

Thx for the tip. I do thin it down a fraction (A few drops per spray pot) but as I find the viscosity changes quite a lot between the various fascolors I own I'll need to pay more attention to the end mix to ensure the optimum consistency in the future. Will try down to 10 psi with more thinning and see if that helps + getting in closer with the airbrush....

Edit: Didn't mean the above to sound like fascolor has quality control problems. More likely the hobby shop has different colors sitting on the shelf longer and I bought some older paint. Gotta buy supplies from a higher volume source I think.

Last edited by eXraycer; 04-28-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eXraycer
Thx for the tip. I do thin it down a fraction (A few drops per spray pot) but as I find the viscosity changes quite a lot between the various fascolors I own I'll need to pay more attention to the end mix to ensure the optimum consistency in the future. Will try down to 10 psi with more thinning and see if that helps + getting in closer with the airbrush....

Edit: Didn't mean the above to sound like fascolor has quality control problems. More likely the hobby shop has different colors sitting on the shelf longer and I bought some older paint. Gotta buy supplies from a higher volume source I think.
Different colors and even different batches of faskolor will have different viscositys due to the amount of pigment per reducer (water) that is added. 50/50 is a decent start for thinning faskolor and that will take you to about 20 psi before it is uncontrolable. It really looks as if you where spraying the paint from too far away from the shell to produce a fine fade, but the same effect may be acheived with less pigment, less pressure, and the airbrush being closer to the surface of the canvas. Getting paint mixtures "right" is nearly all a matter of feel. At least for me it is... And just remember that viscosity, pressure distance of stroke, and paint flow on a canvas is all inversly proportional to each other

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.