Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jay1000x
Used? You cant even get them new right now.
I dont really think anyone is willing to part with the ones we have atm. Most of us barely even got to run them that much.

But good luck.

But now that you mention it. 1,500 and ill part with mine. Already upgrade to 1/5 scale tires. Originals have never seen the ground. And an extra set of 1/5 scale tires.
Will put in the original box too.

Ill go buy an FG with that.
Lol, see me if you want a brushless 4wd fg also.....
Old 01-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dastuffuwant
Lol, see me if you want a brushless 4wd fg also.....
I pmed u a question
Old 01-17-2016, 11:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Come on chaps - Some one up date this site.

Ive got an update ??????? Ready !!!!!!!

My R8 recently was on a run. Had it going for about 10 seconds when it went out of control and went up in smoke. Thick grey smoke an flames bellowing from the ESC. I managed to pull the Lipo apart to remove the power but it was to late. ESC had fried. Don't know why or how.

Anyway my model shop were very understanding and refunded me the full amount. Top top hobby store.

Since then I have bought a new R8. To be honest from even opening the box it looked to be packaged differently. better and more well secured. Opening the box and removing the car I found the car to be in better condition than my first one. No marks or dints however some stickers were on back to front, upside down and peeling off. Seems common. Is it possible I had a first batch back in October and they have improved things slightly since?????

Anyway I have just got my DX4x transmitter and am now looking for Lipos again. Any suggestions on best Lipos to fit in.

Ive put on my 5th scale wheels and adaptors. Looks a beast.

I was also thinking of replacing the ESC for the Mamba XLX. Its a VERY expensive upgrade and possibly the best ESC I think you can get. Im just not sure of the difference between the current ESC and the Mamba XLX. Only that it can run 4S. Additionally there are no ESC mounts for it. It doesn't look like it will go on easily.

Again anyone with some ESC mounts please get in touch.

And finally I haven't used it yet. The biblical rain and now snow and halted all R8 fun.

Look forward to hearing from you all. Either P/M me our use my email [email protected],uk
Old 01-17-2016, 09:20 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm sorry to hear that. But on the other hand, glad you got a new one.

Now on the other note. I asked on the losi site WHY.... a brand new product that just came out was no where to be found a week before Christmas.
A rep got on and said the first batch sold faster then they thought and they could not keep up with the demand.

Cough.... (horse doo doo)

I was even told by a hobby shop that the car would not be available till mid January.

But they knew there was a problem with the tires for one, and a brand new product had to be fitted with an after market 1/5 tire right out the box. Because people didnt want to put out 130 dollars a set for new ones when you can get a better tire for half the price. (At least that's what i did).

I think they didn't say anything because in a perfect world they would have to send out a brand new set of tires (with the new compound) to every customer that bought the first car.

So.... they fixed the problem and made a whole new batch perfect and pretty and no one would be the wiser till someone like you got a new car and noticed the difference.

Now.. you need to keep us informed on how those tires wear down. If you're getting better wear out of those tires i think some of us need to send a nice Email to losi.

I spent 1200 dollars on a car. Then had to spend another 74.99 for a conversion kit, and another 60 bucks on tires.

Love the car but what's right is right. My 2 cents. See if anyone agrees.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Losi was aware of the tire issues with the original ones. Seemed suprised. They claimed 6-9 runs is what they were getting. Not the less then 5 most owners were getting. I posted their response on the Facebook group few months ago.
Second set has been better. But winter has kept me from running for past 2 months.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:26 AM
Tech Initiate

My tires that came with the car have never seen asphalt. I love the 1/5 tires i have on.

I have watched all your videos Billy. Have seen your tire wear, it wears down crazy fast..

I was out yesterday drifting around getting used to the power. I had my tires literally smoking at one point. I have about 5 runs on my tires. They still have plenty a meat on them. I got them so hot yesterday, they have little rocks stuck in them like real car tire slicks.

Thats the type of tires we should have stock. Again, just my 2 cents.

Still love the car.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

When I was running it Saturday, something happened where the car came to a stop.
I could still turn the steering but had no throttle response.

Now could this be a safety feature that I am not aware of? Because I was beating it up pretty bad.

Because after i powered it off, and back on again it was fine.

So not sure if it was because it was getting hot or maybe the batteries were dieing, but usually when the batteries are dieing you have enough power to get it back to you before it shuts down.

feed back would be appreciated.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Someone asked me to show pics of where the tires are rubbing in the rear.

They have not rubbed any worse since the first time I noticed.

Im thinking about going with RC HORNETS conversion kit. You dont have to drill out the wheels. Im going to beat this set of tires up then switch.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-2016-01-18-15.28.59.jpg   Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-2016-01-18-15.29.25.jpg   Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-2016-01-18-15.30.20.jpg  
Old 01-18-2016, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Hi all, got a motor mount for the 15 series motors, also to cut down on some wieght.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-20160118_130428.jpg   Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-20160118_130437.jpg  
Old 01-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Tech Prophet

When I was running it Saturday, something happened where the car came to a stop.
I could still turn the steering but had no throttle response.

Now could this be a safety feature that I am not aware of? Because I was beating it up pretty bad.

Because after i powered it off, and back on again it was fine.

So not sure if it was because it was getting hot or maybe the batteries were dieing, but usually when the batteries are dieing you have enough power to get it back to you before it shuts down.

feed back would be appreciated.
Had that happen. Usually when running really hard, full throttle. Never had temp gun with me when it happened.
Second set of tires have done better then originals. Really hoping to get it out running this weekend. I want to get a good run in before I switch to the 1/5 tires.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Had that happen. Usually when running really hard, full throttle. Never had temp gun with me when it happened.
Second set of tires have done better then originals. Really hoping to get it out running this weekend. I want to get a good run in before I switch to the 1/5 tires.
How much better?
And how much are you paying for them?
Im getting the 1/5 tires for 30 a set.
And im getting my choice of compound.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:25 AM
Tech Prophet

How much better?
And how much are you paying for them?
Im getting the 1/5 tires for 30 a set.
And im getting my choice of compound.
I got 4 runs on the original set. I really thought it was they way I was driving. Then found the Facebook group and realized it was all of us. Secind set has 4 runs on them. And still look decent. But I don't think I'll get the 6-9 runs that Losi said they got during pre release testing.
It would be great if one of the aftermarket tire companies would make something. But really not sure if they will.
Think I paid under 50 a set for the 1/5 GRP tires. I went with medium compound. I'm using an 1/8 set on my CobraGT.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Again its just sad the for these high prices, losi went with the bare minimum in performance on the esc and motor. Retail that motor and esc is less than $150 in the open source market. A car this size and weight should have at least a 200a 8s capable esc and under 1000kv motor. That hobbywing stuff just can't cut it. That esc would typically be found in a 1/10 or maybe 1/8 car. Traxxas did it with x-maxx also....
Old 01-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

http://www.spracing.it/

These are the tires i got. 30 bucks a set. I went with the hard compound. 5 runs and no sign of wear.
All im doing is parking lot bashing. They give good grip. But on some asphalt they have no grip. Like in my truck stop.
But when i take it to the school parking lot they grip nice.
Im going to try the soft next time. I hear they have great grip and last very long.
Someone on here said they are better then the grps.
It was a few pages back.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/6th Audi R8 Supercar Development 6IX Platform-2016-01-19-13.19.31.jpg  
Old 01-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Tech Initiate

http://spracingtires.com/index.php?r...product_id=340

Direct link to the super soft compound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.