Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion
It going to be bad when I have to scratch that body up at the next CB race.
LOL. Hopefully you guys will be out for then next race! GT8 is sooooo much fun!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
Quote: Originally Posted by snrscion It going to be bad when I have to scratch that body up at the next CB race. LOL. Hopefully you guys will be out for then next race! GT8 is sooooo much fun!
Next one is in HB right?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Really kool cars on this thread, too bad this isn't popular around here.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Can't remember if I posted this or not, but here is a In Car Video shot from my electric GT8 on the race track racing against nitro cars, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/IGTHOBBIES?feature=mhum
Old 03-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great video! You have some quick guys out there! How many electric gt8 race there?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Can't remember if I posted this or not, but here is a In Car Video shot from my electric GT8 on the race track racing against nitro cars, enjoy

Sweet video, thanks for sharing!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Good news for me, just found out today I am going to be moving to Orlando to start a new job. And guess what is right by me! I am actually going to be able to run my Jammin GT on a real track, maybe even do some racing!

I know it's not a big deal for you guys, but I have never been able to run on a real track, on or off-road, so this is very exciting for me! Oh, and the job is good too I guess, LOL

Last edited by simplechamp; 03-03-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by simplechamp
Good news for me, just found out today I am going to be moving to Orlando to start a new job. And guess what is right by me! I am actually going to be able to run my Jammin GT on a real track, maybe even do some racing!

I know it's not a big deal for you guys, but I have never been able to run on a real track, on or off-road, so this is very exciting for me! Oh, and the job is good too I guess, LOL

Congrats on the new job!

You're in for a treat when you stand on the Kraceway driver's stand and look over the big track.
You'll also freak out when you run on Fort Myers and Homestead's monster tracks too.

Here's some pictures of our old GT racing group during the Kyosho US Open back in 2008.

I remember how in open practice, the 200mm Sedan guys we're scared of our GTs, lol
Those white 5 spokes were the 1st Ipanemas to race in America too.

We even ran them puppies in the wet, lol

It was a fantastic race weekend on the "Big K".
I pulled a rabbit out my hat, starting dead last and finishing 3rd out of the 13 car A Main field.
Scored a super cool trophy and the free IGT1 in the background from the good guys at Kyosho America.

That was back when GT Spec was really Spec.
One chassis for everyone, same everything on the cars, a true set-up & driver's class; like the old "IROC" concept.
Good times!

Last edited by Jspeed; 03-04-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default Introduction and gearing question

Here is mine :

Under the lid : DM-1 -Tekno conversion, Jammin X1 Center diff (48T) - Hobbywing 2000kv running on 4S with 24T pinion

This is the track I'll play on : Sugarbowl, GA ). No more organized racing unfortunately
Wondering if my gearing is fine for this ?
I only have experience with off road so I have no idea what top speed I should shoot for. Shake down run on the street shows plenty of pick up and no heat issue with the current 24/48. Is that too slow ?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Wow that is geared really high! I'm geared at 16/48 and I find that stupid fast. Ha! Ha!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey

That was a great video. What camera is that?? That was the best in-car video of seen every. Nicely done!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
That was a great video. What camera is that?? That was the best in-car video of seen every. Nicely done!!!
Thanks, I was surprised how good it records. The camera is super cheap and very simple to use and is available here.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rev_prod_title

Holy crap, the price is even lower now, I paid $51 for it a little over a month ago.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Wow that is geared really high! I'm geared at 16/48 and I find that stupid fast. Ha! Ha!
Thanks for sharing your set up. I have quite a few smaller size pinions to try. Nothing bigger than 24T and sounds like I don't need to order any bigger
I have indeed no idea what speed to shoot for on a track so as a starting point I used the nitro top 2nd speed gearing (21/44) -compensating for the lower RPM my 2000kv on 4S would give and that ended up 24/48. I find it manageable on the street but I'm sure track will be different.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Here is a pic of the camera installed on the car. I made a bracket out of some thin aluminum and attached it to the center top plate
Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pascalfd
Thanks for sharing your set up. I have quite a few smaller size pinions to try. Nothing bigger than 24T and sounds like I don't need to order any bigger
I have indeed no idea what speed to shoot for on a track so as a starting point I used the nitro top 2nd speed gearing (21/44) -compensating for the lower RPM my 2000kv on 4S would give and that ended up 24/48. I find it manageable on the street but I'm sure track will be different.
We usually run in tight tracks but as far as I know most of us are running 16/48 and 17/48. I was initially running the 17T but it was just too damn fast for me to manage. Also, most of us are running the Tekno Traktion Drive, it really takes the stress off of your drive system and keeps things a little cooler.

http://www.teknorc.com/product_info....oducts_id=1079

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.