Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
We should have them added to our site either today or tommorow.

Keep checking this link.....

http://www.igthobbies.com/category_s/40.htm
I hope it's the Rally 20 and 10 premounted. Those are really great once they warm up. Wow!!!

Any chance you'll carry GRPs??
Old 04-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default what brand of pinions

what brand of pinions are people using? I seen the rc-monster ones , but was wondering if the novaks are any good, or if someone can recommend some?
Old 04-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Robinson Racing makes some pinions in 1-module. I have a set that goes from 10 to 20T, which should cover the entire range of what you need if you've got the right motor.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I use a clutch and bell on the GT car, but for my other rigs I use nothing but Robinson Racing pinions.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Robinson racing is what I mostly use with my delrin/plastic spurs. Castle and RC monster for my metal spurs.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

I'm using a Tekno Clutch Bell since I'm using the Tekno Traktion Drive. I check the springs and shoes every so often and they look like new still. I've used Robinson's in other applications and they seem to be pretty good to me.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Novak mod 1
Old 04-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

These guys have them : http://www.fgsupply.com/ At least thats were my friend on the west coast gets them.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I'm using a Tekno Clutch Bell since I'm using the Tekno Traktion Drive. I check the springs and shoes every so often and they look like new still. I've used Robinson's in other applications and they seem to be pretty good to me.
What springs are you running? I am running the smallest (.7) myself.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by whipnet

The Tekno guys suggest that I start out with 0.9 and that's what I've run ever since. It works for me. I use to be geared at 17/48 but dropped down to a 16/48 and that has help with better control. These things are just so crazy fast!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Tekno guys suggest that I start out with 0.9 and that's what I've run ever since. It works for me. I use to be geared at 17/48 but dropped down to a 16/48 and that has help with better control. These things are just so crazy fast!!!
Thanks, I have a couple of the Tekno clutches, I think I might set one up with .9 and try it out.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Ipanema wheels/tires

Hello fellow GT8E racers.

I wanted to share some feedback regarding MY EXPERIENCE with the ipanema wheels/tires for GT8E. This isn't me hyping up a product, nor is it me bashing another. I've spent my hard earned chips on most of the GT8 tire manufacturers to include these. With this class gaining momentum, I hope that having several options will allow the class to grow and thrive.

Prior to today, I was mainly racing with 2 different manufacturers of tires. Weather decided which ones I would run.

It is my belief from direct experience with racing both NITRO and ELECTRIC GT8 classes that GT8E is much harder on tires than their NITRO versions. The gobs amount of tq readily available from the brushless/lipo powerplants asks much more from them. I have a set that is great initially but loses grip towards the end of the race and the other set is outstanding in warmer weather, but need several laps (4-5) to get up to temp. Both sets need a lot of driver input/correction that changes throughout the heat/race.

Due to being rained out for the last 2 race weekends, Today was the day I finally had an opportunity to test my new Ipanema purchase. I was very curious to test their new wide rear tires and I am glad that curiosity got the best of me! We raced with the OC CIRCUIT crew and I must say that the tires are phenominal. NO SETUP changes were done to the car, just a change in tires which yielded instantaneous grip that lasted throughout the heat/main. It was very easy to drive the car fast with nice tight lines. The wear was also outstanding.

I highly recommend others to try them. I'm certain you won't be disappointed.

GT8E ROCKS!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Great info Jai!! How do you think these would do at Corona? I'm guessing pretty damn good since that area already has pretty good traction. I'm on the fence on this one but if they can actually hold their traction throughout that whole race that's great.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whipnet

If you're running the Elektri-Clutch (freewheeling like nitro), 0.7mm is the way to go.

If you're running Traktion Drive (always engaged, slipper), we suggest starting with 0.9mm TD springs. If more traction is available, go stiffer. If you want more traction aid, go lighter.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Jai,

Thanks for trying our products.

Congrats on the TQ & Win. Your lap times in GT8 look fast from lap #1, very happy our slicks hooked you up. That 16.1 lap is impressive, hope to see you break into the 15s next time your race at Surf City too!

To see the results click here.

Thanks again, all the best!

Last edited by Jspeed; 04-05-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.