Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I'm ready to see the Jai and Steve N. show. It's always a good one. I think I've got video of the last race it was all Jai and Steve N.. I was proud to say I came in 3rd.....well only because Jerry's rig caught on fire...nontheless I finished in 3rd.
My lids was nice... Had I installed wheels on the roof it would still be in concours shape
Old 06-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Advertising...

I'm surprised at the amount of free advertising they allow on rctech (I assume they pay the bills.) A testimonial is one thing (ie. I've found Bill Massey very helpful and I understand that the ipanema faded the least late in a race) but if you want to promote your products, maybe buy a banner. At the very least offer some information at least as often as you promote your self, SNR Graphite is a great example of this. He provides a lot of setup information and then throws in the mention of a new product from time to time.

I'm not trolling, I don't want to start a flame war. I am new to 1:8 and am just here to learn. This thread has been invaluable
Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rkk
I'm surprised at the amount of free advertising they allow on rctech (I assume they pay the bills.) A testimonial is one thing (ie. I've found Bill Massey very helpful and I understand that the ipanema faded the least late in a race) but if you want to promote your products, maybe buy a banner. At the very least offer some information at least as often as you promote your self, SNR Graphite is a great example of this. He provides a lot of setup information and then throws in the mention of a new product from time to time.

I'm not trolling, I don't want to start a flame war. I am new to 1:8 and am just here to learn. This thread has been invaluable
Nice to see new people wanting to know new things. What kind of car do you have and what track do you run it at or are you racing it yet?? If not yet bring it out to a track close to you someone will help if you ask.. Even the big time pros will if you ask.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

I race at the hobbytown in Columbia, SC. I currently have a Slash 4x4 that has been converted but my GTP2e will be here Friday. I am still trying to decide what motor/esc setup to use. I really like the Tekin gear I've used in the past, but the larger caps on the Castle esc I think will be more helpful to me as I learn. I'm thinking a 2200kv motor so I can run from 3s-6s. I love the scale looks of the kyosho and ofna bodies. I currently have the 350z and viper.

My slash is having heat issues now that summer is here.I haven't cut any holes in the body for ventilation as I am trying to keep the scale look. Any suggestions?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rkk
I race at the hobbytown in Columbia, SC. I currently have a Slash 4x4 that has been converted but my GTP2e will be here Friday. I am still trying to decide what motor/esc setup to use. I really like the Tekin gear I've used in the past, but the larger caps on the Castle esc I think will be more helpful to me as I learn. I'm thinking a 2200kv motor so I can run from 3s-6s. I love the scale looks of the kyosho and ofna bodies. I currently have the 350z and viper.

My slash is having heat issues now that summer is here.I haven't cut any holes in the body for ventilation as I am trying to keep the scale look. Any suggestions?
On your slash are you running a 1/10 scale set up with 2S? If so, check your gearing and reduce timing.

For your GTP2e: When I did my set up, I was advised of the following: higher voltage = less heat. Voltage is your friend, so use it to your benefit. The higher the voltage you run the lower KV motor you will need. I went with the happy medium and chose 5S with a 1700 KV and Tekin RX8. The Pro: My set up has sick torque but not enough to warp the tyres like 6S and I don't my electronics are temp out pretty low. The cons: It makes it more challenging to find batteries.

The most popular set up is a 4S either with 2200 KV to 2600 KV. That's the easiest route, more batts out there for you as well.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Plans have been changed for me. Can't make it to the River. Which means, I will be able to attend this Sunday!!! Woohoo!!!

My cousin Eric will be rolling as well. I see an EPIC battle brewing for the GT8 class. Ofna, Mugen, Tamiya, Losi and Kyosho. It's on and crackin!!!!

Mark
Jerry
Charlie
Steve N
Me
Eric
Raman
Steve in SD
Tony P
Clay
Steve STRC
?
?

Who's cuisine will reign supreme? lol....You know u guys watch iron chef!!! hahahaha.

Last edited by kcunamay; 06-16-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Updated!
Originally Posted by kcunamay

I see an EPIC battle brewing for the GT8 class. Ofna, Mugen, Tamiya, Losi and Kyosho. It's on and crackin!!!!

MarkW-Tekno Dm-1
Mark the H-Mugen
Jerry Tekno Dm-1
Aaron-GTP
Charlie- GTP2e
Steve N-SNR GTP
Me-Losi 8ight
Eric-Losi 8ight
Raman-Tamiya
Steve in SD-Tekno Dm1
Tony P-Losi 8ight
Clay
Steve STRC
?
?

Who's cuisine will reign supreme? lol....You know u guys watch iron chef!!! hahahaha.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

SInce you're filling in brands driven, Kyosho GT and Techno DM1.

See ya'll Sunday!

Clay
Old 06-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

RKK,

I apologize if I have offended you, but the last few pages are part an orchestrated effort to attack our products anywhere there are public GT discussions.

Unfortunately, their negative attacks are not only limited to internet forum threads like this one, but have actually spilled over to race tracks where GT racers use our products.

These are the realities that exist in our emerging GT racing class and simply wanted readers to be aware it.

Instead of turning a blind eye to their attacks against our products, I’ll leave you with this simple question:

Why is it that our dealers and loyal customers are NEVER seen attacking our competitor’s products?

Last edited by Jspeed; 06-16-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:57 AM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Default Advertise

I'm not offended, I appreciate businesses that support the hobby. Yours and others. I respect the fact you take the high road and don't denigrate your competitors. I'm just suggesting you buy some advertising and support RCTech. a small banner is $425 a quarter or you could even sponser the forum for $500 a month. Is I type this I see Tenkorc and sweep both have banners, Only a suggestion.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into that.
But the question is still…..

Why is it that our dealers and loyal customers are NEVER seen attacking our competitor’s products?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rkk
I'm not offended, I appreciate businesses that support the hobby. Yours and others. I respect the fact you take the high road and don't denigrate your competitors. I'm just suggesting you buy some advertising and support RCTech. a small banner is $425 a quarter or you could even sponser the forum for $500 a month. Is I type this I see Tenkorc and sweep both have banners, Only a suggestion.
I'm suggesting that you leave the issues for advertising to the RCtech Admins and Moderators
Old 06-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Marcos.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Thanks Marcos.
no problem , I hate when members try to be Moderators
Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am not taking sides, but I thought he made a valid point. Most forums won't allow that unless you have vendor or advertiser status which usually requires a fee.

But if RCTECH does not have a problem with it, then I don't either. Just don't smack the guy for trying to be a moderator.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.