Originally posted by it
Did you participate in that event.

can you pls. give us updates!!!!
It,
check out KZ Speedway thread for 1/8 results
Old 08-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Serpent 950

Just drove Tony Thompson's 950 today.. The car handles really smooth in the corners. REALLY GREAT CAR.. Way to go serpent!!! Make's me want to switch to the other side.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey guys, I need some expert advice here. I have only raced 1/8 on-road a few times a couple years ago with a Vector NT, basically I am interested in getting another 1/8 car to get up to speed again Can you guys suggest a good car and engine for me, has to be capable of winning races, parts avalibility doesn't matter because I'll just order a bundle of spares.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
Hey guys, I need some expert advice here. I have only raced 1/8 on-road a few times a couple years ago with a Vector NT, basically I am interested in getting another 1/8 car to get up to speed again Can you guys suggest a good car and engine for me, has to be capable of winning races, parts avalibility doesn't matter because I'll just order a bundle of spares.
Can't go wrong with the Mugen. The 950 is real nice as well, really depends on parts availability. Picco's new car seems to perform well so far too. If you've got the skills and want to be competitive, get the best motor you can afford. Most of the fast guys are using modified .21's locally (JP's. Rody RB's, Rossi mods, etc.) The Nova mega MS's are okay, but not quite as fast as hand modifieds, but not a bad place to start if you're on a more limited budget.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Randman,
One way to go would be to get your kit and a "mild" first motor, i.e. NovaMega EV5, RB C5, Novarossi RX21 R1WC. Maybe mild is not the right word, but unmodified. Once you've had some time to get comfortable setting up the car and tuning the motor, then drop some cash for a nice motor. Now you have a practice motor and a race motor. Anyway, just a suggestion. Also, RD Logics makes a good (and inexpensive) 8th scale pipe. Good luck!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I was thinking about the 950, looks like a really nice car, and I have some tuning experience with the Serpent cars. As far as the engine, I would just want the best, I dont want the engine to hold me back from the win at a race.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by caesari
Randman,
One way to go would be to get your kit and a "mild" first motor, i.e. NovaMega EV5, RB C5, Novarossi RX21 R1WC. Maybe mild is not the right word, but unmodified. Once you've had some time to get comfortable setting up the car and tuning the motor, then drop some cash for a nice motor. Now you have a practice motor and a race motor. Anyway, just a suggestion. Also, RD Logics makes a good (and inexpensive) 8th scale pipe. Good luck!
I'm really not looking for anything that isn't going to be the best. I have 8 years of nitro tuning experience, and have run 1/8 offroad quite a bit as well. Touring cars have been my thing as of late, but even custom modified motors dont fill my need for speed anymore. Car setup won't be a problem, I can usually get a car dialed to just about any track within the first couple runs..
Old 08-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

I was thinking about the 950, looks like a really nice car, and I have some tuning experience with the Serpent cars. As far as the engine, I would just want the best, I dont want the engine to hold me back from the win at a race.

Get the higher "R" JP .....if you want to win races....granting you can drive already........ask JWF Ron for more info on this engine.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Maybe you want to consider the new kyosho phantom evo? Seems like its going to give serpent and mugen a real run for its money in the next world race....
Old 08-14-2003, 06:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by TambokGT
Get the higher "R" JP .....if you want to win races....granting you can drive already........ask JWF Ron for more info on this engine.
Thanks, I'll do some research on the engine, I do have the driving experience, so I dont want to have a slow engine hold me back...
Old 08-14-2003, 06:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by GT-4
Maybe you want to consider the new kyosho phantom evo? Seems like its going to give serpent and mugen a real run for its money in the next world race....
I didn't know Kyosho had a new ride coming out, I'll check it out, Thanks!
Old 08-14-2003, 07:38 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I didn't know Kyosho had a new ride coming out, I'll check it out, Thanks!
The Kyosho Fantom is a nice car, and they have built a great team behind it, but it's still not being distirubted to the U.S. Great Planes is bringing in parts, although I'm skeptical about the true availability of everything you might need...

Maybe when the next Evo becomes available it will be distributed here. I've seen Adrien Bertin's prototype and it looks good (but he's still using MRX-3 shocks).

I think the Mugen and Serpent cars are the way to go right now, in that order.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, I have a question about my Serpent 950. What types of tracks and conditions should I use the pushrod suspension on?
Old 08-14-2003, 07:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yeah, I couldn't find the Fantom on Kyosho's website, it used to be there, but not today...

What are the major differences between the Mugen and Serpent cars?
Old 08-14-2003, 07:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Accord
Hey guys, I have a question about my Serpent 950. What types of tracks and conditions should I use the pushrod suspension on?
From what I recall on my Vector NT, you would use the pushrod suspension when you need more turn-in steering. You'll propably have to soften the rear of the car to get a little more traction so that you arent loose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.