Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TRC Tires are made by GRP. The standard color chart remains the same for TRC/GRP and to my knowledge it has not changed.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

For tires, I've also used Jaco and BSR which normally supply the oval racing crowd. Good thing, they have many steps in hardness and different base material. I tried a Jaco Pearl, and it wears better than the silverstar with about the same traction.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
For tires, I've also used Jaco and BSR which normally supply the oval racing crowd. Good thing, they have many steps in hardness and different base material. I tried a Jaco Pearl, and it wears better than the silverstar with about the same traction.

Correction, that was a BSR Pearl, no such JACO tire

-E
Old 02-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Correction, that was a BSR Pearl, no such JACO tire

-E
Thanks for the correction!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This weekend we race at norcal and we got 8 guys. I know of 4 that did not have there cars ready for this race but hope to have a b main in 2 weeks.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pro ten Holland
If you need GRP tires, I have a friend with a shop here in the netherlands hat supports us. He will help you.
To keep the shipping cost down, you might want to order with a ew guys together.
(Shipping costs will be less than from the USA)

If you're interested, just send me a PM, and I'll give you his Email adress.

Now for the TRC tires:
The last badges of tires that were sent out under the TRC brand that I have seen were actually GRP tires. The box even stated something like:
"made by GRP"

I am not completely sure that GRP hasn't updated the tires when they switched to their own brand. I heard some rumours that thy did, at least for the pink-magenta-purple family of tires.
However, I'm not sure this was true or not.
Thanks for the offer, although I did order from Stormer as I really would like a new body. It would be handy to have the detail of your friends shop for the future though.

Has anyone done much testing of different type of additive? I bought some orion stuff at the weekend to replace my empty TQ modified. The spray bottle the orion stuff came in was terrible, it goes everywhere . I poored it into the empty TQ tin lol.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JevUK
Thanks for the offer, although I did order from Stormer as I really would like a new body. It would be handy to have the detail of your friends shop for the future though.

Has anyone done much testing of different type of additive? I bought some orion stuff at the weekend to replace my empty TQ modified. The spray bottle the orion stuff came in was terrible, it goes everywhere . I poored it into the empty TQ tin lol.
over there might try jake the gripper, we use pargon and sunscren.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Taz_S
over there might try jake the gripper, we use pargon and sunscren.
Jack the Gripper is popular over here so I will try some soon and do comparision with the Orion.

I find it quite amuzing that people are puting sunscreen on their tyres . Why don't people find out what part of the suncreen is doing the work and just use that? It might work even better with the un needed elements taken out.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

FWIW
All that is in Jack the Gripper is Kingsford Charcoal Lighter Fluid.
We have used Kingsford on the carpet track, where only Jack the Gripper is allowed. Well, that and the Kingsford is allowed. I don't see anyone here using sunscreen. Paragon is the most popular on AC. When I was running road car I always ran Zipgrip.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

FWIW
We have used Kingsford on the carpet track, where only Jack the Gripper is allowed. Well, that and the Kingsford is allowed. I don't see anyone here using sunscreen. Paragon is the most popular on AC. When I was running road car I always ran Zipgrip.
Tech Master

FWIW
Tech Master

FWIW
Tech Master

FWIW
Tech Master

FWIW
Tech Master

FWIW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.