Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

I think AE made a mistake. The p/n might be ASC8316 which is the 10L2O dampener plate which looks the same as the one I need.

Any ideas?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Found ASC8316 which is for the 10L2O but it looks exactly the same as the one in the L3 manual designated 8315. Any ideas?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Justinian,,Took the I Force out sunday and had a blast. Great car, I ran with the nitro tc's, I was using 4cells and a 19t motor. In the heats, I was getting the "new car bugs" out of it. In the main there were 6 cars, with me lined up at the back. 6 minutes later I was 2 laps ahead at the flag... I loved it, Several guys were talking like they might be interested in getting them too.. Maybe they will and we can have our own class. Later,

Bob
Old 03-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi nut
Justinian,,Took the I Force out sunday and had a blast. Great car, I ran with the nitro tc's, I was using 4cells and a 19t motor. In the heats, I was getting the "new car bugs" out of it. In the main there were 6 cars, with me lined up at the back. 6 minutes later I was 2 laps ahead at the flag... I loved it, Several guys were talking like they might be interested in getting them too.. Maybe they will and we can have our own class. Later,

Bob
The most fun I've had with the C10x was running 6 cell 19 turn and passing the gas touring cars going up the straight!!

Yes I do race gas touring as well. Sometimes I wonder why, but I do!!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:29 PM

The Hot Bodies Toyota has more steering and more overall downforce than the Hot Bodies Porsche.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rinkrat99
Found ASC8316 which is for the 10L2O but it looks exactly the same as the one in the L3 manual designated 8315. Any ideas?
The L2O topplate will be the same dimensionally but it added a part that hung off the back for the oval guys to pod-mount a wing. If can find one of those instead, it should work.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Arn0
But how could you increase the front load without changing the bodyshell?
Softer springs,
Softer tires,
Inline axles,
Less camber,
The 10degree castor blocks,
Will all increase steering if that what’s you mean by “front load.”

It’s generally very easy to add steering to these cars mechanically instead of aerodynamically. By the time you’re down to green fronts and .018 springs, if you still have a push, you probably have enough grip overall to then start loosening up (i.e. stiffening) the rear of the car. If you’re down to green fronts and .018’s and you have a push and not enough rear bite, then the push is probably going to be good as it’ll keep the car from spinning in what is then assumed to be a very-low bite environment.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by V12
Got a HB Toyota and a HB Porsche but both in a very used condition. How do you rate the Porsche?
Someone remembers the BBR Lotec body from the very old days? Very wide body even wider than the Andys Nissan with the large integrated sidedams like the Bolink Toj. I think was high steering type.

Pro10 is right on the Porsche...I've still seen the Toyota's listed for sale every now and then, never the Porsche anymore though.

All the BBR bodies I saw tended to be very large physically, high downforce ones.

To add some others to the list...

Andy's Sauber - high steering/low-ish downforce - very similar to the 905B. You used to be able to get those via Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair, CA still FWIW (Andy sold out to the Evil "T" a few years ago but started making what he kept the molds for on the side for that store) but I dunno if that holds true today.
Bolink WSC body (as featured in TOADDY's avatar) - high downforce - you can still find them NIB on Ebay every so often.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 AM

The Andy's Sauber is still available through Corally Germany.
I have some used ones. I really like the balance of them!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MarkA
Softer springs,
Softer tires,
Inline axles,
Less camber,
The 10degree castor blocks,
Will all increase steering if that what’s you mean by “front load.”

It’s generally very easy to add steering to these cars mechanically instead of aerodynamically. By the time you’re down to green fronts and .018 springs, if you still have a push, you probably have enough grip overall to then start loosening up (i.e. stiffening) the rear of the car. If you’re down to green fronts and .018’s and you have a push and not enough rear bite, then the push is probably going to be good as it’ll keep the car from spinning in what is then assumed to be a very-low bite environment.
Thanks for all those details!
So you change the mechanical parameters. I was guessing some tricks like adding some front spoiler or so.
Was speaking about load due to the air pressure and the body shape on the front end!
Cheers
Old 03-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Oval Video

Hay all you turn left fans. If you want to see some oval action from Twin Bridges, go to the web site and watch the Video we put together. It's kinda cool and we had fun doing it.

www.twinbridgesrc.com , go to the picture section. It is best seen with a high speed connection.

Later all
Jack
Old 03-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default One More thing

Oh yeah, One more thing. I just want to wish all the guys good luck with the BRL Finals at Allens this weekend.
I hope to be able to race with them next season. From Twin Bridges RC Raceway to you all I would like to say thanks for coming down and racing with us. I hope we can work with the BRL to get a race next season. Again, Good Luck to all

Race 7
March 30th, 31st and April 1st
The Novak National Finals
Allens R/C Raceway
Rochester, Illinois
http://www.allensrccars.com/

Jack
Old 03-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Ok guys, One of my goals was to clean out the RC Closet and make room for my carpet stuff for the season. In the depths, I found many new 235 bodies that I thought I had, but have not seen for the past 4-5 years. Give me your impressions on the following:

Bolink - Riley & Scott WSC
Bolink - TOJ
Dahms - Jaguar XJ9
Andys - 962 Porsche GTP
Andys - Nissan GTP
MRP - Lamborginie
Bolink - Olds Areo Tech

I also found 235 Nascar, 1/10 off road, 1/10 Indy Cars, 1/10 and 1/12 Sprint Cars and some 1/8 gas on-road stuff as well. Amazing what stuff you just GOTTA HAVE!!

Anyway - gave a new PewJo to my body guy and we talked about the other bodies.

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Ok guys, One of my goals was to clean out the RC Closet and make room for my carpet stuff for the season. In the depths, I found many new 235 bodies that I thought I had, but have not seen for the past 4-5 years. Give me your impressions on the following:
Bolink - Riley & Scott WSC
Bolink - TOJ
Dahms - Jaguar XJ9
Andys - 962 Porsche GTP
Andys - Nissan GTP
MRP - Lamborginie
Bolink - Olds Areo Tech
Thanks for the input.
You must have a really BIG RC Closet.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thirdplace
You must have a really BIG RC Closet.
Yes it is!!!

Rinkrat has been there and will confirm. In the late 80's early 90's had an RC track and hobby shop. Indoor carpet banked oval and road coarse 50' x 100', Outside dirt oval and off road 90' x 180' and ran pavement races in parking lots 120' x 230' for 1/10 pan cars as well as 1/8 scale gas.

Some stuff is still from the hobby shop!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.