Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by nitrous36
As for helping to bring back the 1/10 scale pancar class the companies can help by reintroducing them as a easy ready to run kit. This will attract more customers and when they see how fast they are they will want to race them and the tracks will notice the increase in people wanting to race pan cars and bring back the 1/10 scale pan car class. This is easier said than done and could take 1 to 6 years to work depending on how popular they are.
The problem with that is that these aren't beginner cars. They are extremely maneuverable (read TWITCHY) and unless they are kept in tweak and maintained (doesn't take much. . .but still) they can be a HANDFUL to drive. When's the last time you saw a TC3-RTR actually MAINTAINED?

These cars, imho, should be the goal of every driver. Start with Novice Slowdan, move to Sportsman and then, once you know how to drive, move up to Pro10.

Pretty much how the real world works. Start with SCCA Road Racing, or carts (move to shifter carts) - learn to drive. Move up the ranks to the ULTIMATE - Group C, Prototype, LeMans - still considered the ultimate race.

But jump a novice in this car right away with a RTR? OMFW. . .not sure I would want to be near enough to be hit by the shrapnel!
Old 04-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Pro ten Holland
Oval? Turn left? Nascar? We're talking Group C and GTP roadcourse here buddy!

Just think about how those open cockpit ferari's would look, or that beatifull bentley!

Oh, my mistake!!! The heading "OVAL, larger scales and more" threw me off, I get so confused reading the words sometimes, makes my head spin. I should have looked in "Electric On-Road" for Oval racing stuff, not here. (Insert sadistic laughing here)
Old 04-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah, we're the, "...and more" part of the section .

The Oval guys have had several threads similar to ours in nature over the years but they always seem to die out after about 30-50 posts such as this one: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...highlight=oval
Old 04-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

OK, so maybe I'm just so old that I am used to calling oval cars, pan cars since that was all we had to use in the beginning. (RC10L_ [no number], we had to cut the fiberglass chassis to get the LTO look) LOL Ok, I'll move on.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Action shot from Rev.’s website from the Airtronics Race. Looks like it’s thirdplace leading madjack and a car I can’t recognize. Thirdplace also looks like he’s about to take a bite out of the curbing on that turn…

Old 04-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Default Speaking of Revelation...

The 2nd Sunday of the month is this Sunday. However, since it also happens to be Easter, there will be no Rev. race that day.

Thus, there will be no Rev. race in April. Rev. racing will resume as ususal on the 2nd Sunday in May.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Boomer
The problem with that is that these aren't beginner cars. They are extremely maneuverable (read TWITCHY) and unless they are kept in tweak and maintained (doesn't take much. . .but still) they can be a HANDFUL to drive. When's the last time you saw a TC3-RTR actually MAINTAINED?

These cars, imho, should be the goal of every driver. Start with Novice Slowdan, move to Sportsman and then, once you know how to drive, move up to Pro10.

Pretty much how the real world works. Start with SCCA Road Racing, or carts (move to shifter carts) - learn to drive. Move up the ranks to the ULTIMATE - Group C, Prototype, LeMans - still considered the ultimate race.

But jump a novice in this car right away with a RTR? OMFW. . .not sure I would want to be near enough to be hit by the shrapnel!
Thats why said they should introduce them as easy to maintain ready to run cars. I know what your saying, but it can be done.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Regional Moderator

I got my car today. Thinks for the help you guys.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

up
Old 04-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Proten, it will be depending on the weather if I will come to the ICC on saturday.

If the prospects are high chance of rain, I don't want to blow away 200 km worth of fuel.

Also, I can't get tire-grip addative at the moment, I have never been so broke as I am now. ;-)

i'll just have to hope for good weather and that the rear tires that are on now are not completely dried-out. But we'll see that.

Hope to be there on saturday.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Looks like the battery companies’ never ending effort to kill RC Racing is continuing.

I don't think we'll even need to take a vote on this one - they will not be legal for our mod. races at Rev. for a while. If we allowed them, everyone would have to buy them immediately because now we’re talking 7-8turns for 5minutes w/o dumping. That or we put a turn limit (say 9-turns since that's what most of us have for motors) into effect.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Look what I stumbled upon. In my quest to find new/unpainted GTP bodies for my 10L, I found this link:

http://www.sheldonshobbies.com/listing/bodyhd.html

Bolink GTP bodies for $7.99, you just can't beat it. They also have the Associated Nissan GTP for $9.99.

Everyone here may already be well aware of this, but I thought I let you all know.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 04-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That's very interesting about the new Sanyo Cells. Curious though what you mean by "Looks like the battery companies’ never ending effort to kill RC Racing is continuing. "
Old 04-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jkerr0043
That's very interesting about the new Sanyo Cells. Curious though what you mean by "Looks like the battery companies’ never ending effort to kill RC Racing is continuing. "
I’m just a cynic that see companies introducing stuff and then having the customer test it, spend lots of $$$, and then find out it’s no good, not race legal, and so on (i.e first gen Panasonic 3000’s, Sanyo non-HV 3000’s, the first batch GP’s with the 1.12 voltage numbers, Novak’s brushless system with it’s unreal failure rate, Trinity’s flat-wire motors that used to throw winds all the time) all while the company laughs all the way to the bank and more and more racers get discouraged (at least 50% of Revelation's gas regulars are former electric guys).

I'm watching what I feel to be many, many RC companies biting the hands that feed them in the long run.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ron Meloni
Look what I stumbled upon. In my quest to find new/unpainted GTP bodies for my 10L, I found this link:

http://www.sheldonshobbies.com/listing/bodyhd.html

Bolink GTP bodies for $7.99, you just can't beat it. They also have the Associated Nissan GTP for $9.99.

Everyone here may already be well aware of this, but I thought I let you all know.

Thanks,

Ron
This post describes what some of those bodies are: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ink#post450140

Thanks for bringing that back up - I'm sure someone will find it useful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.