Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 03:24 AM
Tech Addict

Racing my pan car in the stock TC class, I turned the fastest lap of the day. I didn't win by far because my driving needs help. When I mentioned it, one racer said it was because I didn't follow the rules. I just told him if we all were driving pan cars that we could all go faster. Bottom line, Pan car is harder to drive fast than a TC. Some see it as not exciting, and its not the newest thing. I am working on getting a pan car class there next year.

My son and I make 2, so I only need a few more.

David Root
Old 10-20-2003, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

Are there very many clubs that will let you throw a TC body onto your pan chassis and race in the TC class?

I would think they would not allow this for the obvious weight advantage the pan chassis would have.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Some will, Things are fine till you start winning, then the complaining starts. I am going to add weight to mine to make it weigh as much as a TC (make Tech) and see how it goes around the track. I do have a nice Viper body for it. GTP body definatly helps handling, but...............

It seems the "Real Pros" won't let it in their races, but regular people just want more racers.

I think once people realize how simple and inexpensive pan cars they will come back. I spent almost no time wrenching all summer. Once in a TC race, the only two cars left were My son and I. We both ran pan cars all the TCs were broke.

We have to start some where.

David Root
Old 10-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey if you read a good ways back (or maybe Boomer could repost it) there is a story about when they had enough people to run at the ROAR Nats out in Cali but they were denied anyway. You know which one Im talkin about Boomer?
Old 10-21-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by trackdesigner71
Hey if you read a good ways back (or maybe Boomer could repost it) there is a story about when they had enough people to run at the ROAR Nats out in Cali but they were denied anyway. You know which one Im talkin about Boomer?
Just do a search for "Boomer" under username, then "ROAR" as the search term and show results as posts and you'll find all our old correspondence with ROAR.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by trackdesigner71
We've brought it up and back out several times in the past months. . .
Old 10-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Socal Pan car gang, I don't run the races anymore in Camarillo, so I don't know if you guys have heard about the big one day race that is going on at the track this Sunday. It's a race that is being put on by King Daddy Racing at our track. They are offering a pan car class, the info can be found on their web site www.kingdaddyracing.com Jimmy Babcock will be running the races and Derek Poiva will be announcing. Sorry for the late notice guys, but I like I said I've been out of the loop for about 2 months now(work, Family)
Josh
Old 10-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think I will be making this one. Sorry!

I've had back and now abdomen problems so standing around, all day, will just kill me. . .
Old 10-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

WOW Derek Povah theres a name from the way back machine, if anyone sees him tell him Visalia says HI!
Old 10-21-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Oh and what killed pan cars?---Touring cars that can run on about any parking lot anywhere. The price and lifespan or the tires. The fact that they look more like the cars that you and I drive every day. Just to name a few.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:36 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Really vintage German pan car

Hey Taz, check this one out, it's on the German Ebay. They often sell these old cars, but not in this mint condition!
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=13308
Old 10-22-2003, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Pro ten Holland, how do you make an RC10L2 into an RC10L2.5?
I just bought a graphite RC10L2 kit off of ebay for $53.00

Thanks,

Jerrit
Old 10-22-2003, 08:46 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jerrit1
Pro ten Holland, how do you make an RC10L2 into an RC10L2.5?
I just bought a graphite RC10L2 kit off of ebay for $53.00

Thanks,

Jerrit
Best pm Marka, he has a very good article, with discription of what you need, and how to set the car up.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by wagonman72
Oh and what killed pan cars?---Touring cars that can run on about any parking lot anywhere. The price and lifespan or the tires. The fact that they look more like the cars that you and I drive every day. Just to name a few.

Sedan guys at our track run a new set of tires (Sorex 36R) EVERY RACE NIGHT! At $40 a set. To run less is the "B" main. When I raced 10 scale pan car, I got two or three nights of racing on a set of fronts and 6 nights out of a set of rears.

Car is cheaper and the tires are cheaper. Car is more cost effective, bottom line.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by sponger
Socal Pan car gang, I don't run the races anymore in Camarillo, so I don't know if you guys have heard about the big one day race that is going on at the track this Sunday. It's a race that is being put on by King Daddy Racing at our track. They are offering a pan car class, the info can be found on their web site www.kingdaddyracing.com Jimmy Babcock will be running the races and Derek Poiva will be announcing. Sorry for the late notice guys, but I like I said I've been out of the loop for about 2 months now(work, Family)
Josh
Hey Josh,

Yeah, we were aware of it but it came up relatively late and is a month after many of us ran a three-day race at Revelation and just two weeks before SoCal’s 2-day Grand Prix so most of us will be passing on it. It’s also on the same day as Charlie Barnes’ Toyota race so a few of our guys that run Sedan also will be there.

See ya at a Hobby People race next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.