Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A lot of fun even though they wound up with only 8 of the Pan Cars that entered showing up. Traction was awesome as was running 5-minute modified. On top of that, it was a track were you could really use all the speed of a 10x2 in a Pan Car. We had to cut strips out of the base of the rear spoiler on the Protoform P35 because we were getting so much rear downforce at the speed we were going, the front end would start to skip upwards at the end of the straight. Tire wear was pretty brutal but all in all, it was worth going to.
Old 10-17-2001, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cool to here.

OD told me he going to LA but i do not know when.

But we are going to have a 10th mod class at our next race on the 27th.
Old 10-17-2001, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Sounds like you guys'll have fun in a week.

If any of your crew ever comes down my way and wants to race this class, let me know. We're not anchored to SoCal Raceway 100% of the time anymore (although they do still have a class when the core group is out, the better racers amongst the class down here might be someplace else) so I could give you directions as to where we will be. For example, this weekend, it's carpet in San Diego on Friday Night, SoCal on Saturday Night, and then the Hobby People race on the permanent outdoor track in Camarillo on 10/27.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

WE had 4 1/12 and 6 Mod 1/10th this weekend and looking like we will have more in 2 weeks.
Old 10-29-2001, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Unhappy I need a PN

Guys,

I have a Trinity Switchblade Pro 10 car.

I bought the car second hand (no manual) and I need to know the PN's for the right purple aluminium bulkhead and the left aluminium bulkhead.

In the likely event of being unable to find them at Tower Hobbies, do you know an online retailer where I can get them from?

I believe these parts are exactly the same on the oval car or on the narrow Switchblade pan car.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 10-29-2001, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Have you tried posting this question on Trinity's Tech Talk forum?

You could also try E-mailing RC4less as they sell a ton of Oval stuff if you think the parts are the same. They don't list much on their website though so E-mail them off of: http://rc4less.safeshopper.com/46/cat46.htm? .
Old 11-01-2001, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

antoniop: did you find it yet.

We are have a race on the 11th of Nov. We should have 5 mod Pro 10 car and like to see somemore out there. It going in FAIRFIELD CA.

http://rocks.rcracing.com
Old 11-02-2001, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, I happened to have bumped into this forum some days ago the first time by chance. I forgot to bookmark. Now I finally find you pro10 guys again. I'm not going to lose this site ever again! We are one rare species.

The other site I noticed where a thread about pro10 was started was at Balak's. That pro10 thread has been deserted for quite a while.

I am a big pro10 lover. I really need to get this off my chest...

I used to browse at HPI's forum. I started pro10 threads a few times but all died very prematurely. The reasons were obvious. Recently HPI only allowed people with pay-email accounts to register. Well I am not so motivated then because I never find my topic discussed much anyway.

It's sad that pro10 has become a cult thing. It's no longer the mainstream. Touring cars are great fun. I have owned a couple as well. I'm sure you guys have at least one electric tc too. But pro10 is just not the same. Pro10 somehow gives me more excitement.(No offence to tc lovers)

Anyway I've owned two RC10L2 previously. I now run a Corally C10X.

Ps. That Portuguese event was very interesting. I can still digest even if more coverage was made.Who was that guy that was talking? Was this person a reporter or another pro10 driver?

Old 11-02-2001, 03:47 AM
Tech Rookie

rcethilon,
I just got a C10X, but there are a few things i was wondering about that aren't mentioned in the instruction manual. Firstly, how do you mount the batteries down the center (as it says you can), can you use other wheeels other than corally and finally what is the other GRP rear beam supplied for?
I also noticed the number of different mounting holes for the raer beam what effect do the have?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2001, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by MR4racer
rcethilon,
I just got a C10X, but there are a few things i was wondering about that aren't mentioned in the instruction manual. Firstly, how do you mount the batteries down the center (as it says you can), can you use other wheeels other than corally and finally what is the other GRP rear beam supplied for?
I also noticed the number of different mounting holes for the raer beam what effect do the have?

Thanks
MR4racer, please excuse me for being a bit longwinded in this post. I have the older version of C10X as well, that is C10.
C10 lets you mount the batteries down the centre. The bottom deck is more versatile in that you can line up each of the 3-cell tray down the middle. It shoud be possible but I haven't tried it myself. But lately I'm seriously considering of doing so because I have been very inspired by HPI pro3 and Kyosho KXone. They put the most heavy on-board stuff, ie the battery down the middle. I think maybe this is a swell idea even for pro10's. Did you ask this question not because of the same inspiration from the two electric tc's? Well I really don't mind if you're not.

Now the C10X. I'm not an expert on the design and concept of this car. But you are right. This car doesn't allow you to mount the battery down the middle. Well at least there are no apparent ways of doing so unlike what Corally has advertised. Maybe there are some tricks I still havent thought off.

I'm not an engineer but I think C10x put the 3-cell on each side of the bottom deck much wider apart than does C10 is not in keeping with the current trend at least of electric tc's, the most developed rc species currently. Corally may not be faultless in their designs, who knows.

I use Elligi wheel-tyre combos. They may not be the best but my hobby shop only stocks these. Probably once these run out, the shop is not going to order any more due to the low popularity of pro10's. Damn. I alone just don't have the influence to revive pro10.

I have no idea what that GRP rear beam is. Maybe you can elaborate a little more.

The holes on the rear beam...... Nobody has ever told me what their effects are. Corally's manual .... I'm not the least impressed. It's not up to standard. Just look at many other manufacturers' manuals and see the difference.

This is only my opinion. But I've confirmed it on the track. The more lateral (wider) you mount the holes the less rear traction. The more central you mount the holes the more rear traction. The traction difference is pretty noticeable. You might like to try it. I like the more central holes because I don't want to soak the rear tires with traction additives too excessively. This makes the tires too soft and they rip easily.
Old 11-02-2001, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

It's always great to have more Pro10 racers hanging out here.

About the Corally C10X, I don't have one but I do know that they advertise being able to put the batteries down the middle. Maybe it requires an additional chassis???

I then sent an E-mail to Corrally USA about the wheels/tires and here's what they said:

Thanks for the Inquiry to Corally USA! In regards to your question, Yes, the C10X will accept standard JACO/TRC Rear 1/10 Foams, however the front tires you might have to ream the hole out a little to get it to fit.
Old 11-04-2001, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Hey MarkA,

All of you run assoicate??? What kinda motor are you guys using for the pan cars at socal? I recently purchased a Tamiya F103TRF LM used for very cheap price. I just wonder if anyone of you have ever run that car or have that car run with you guys at Socal? is it competitive???

I was at Socal last night, which pan car race were you in??? the first one or the second??? what number is your car??? what color is it??? When i'm at socal, I always watch Pan car race, it's the most exciting race to watch.

Also, I have never seen a pan car fish-tail at so cal, does that mean pan car can never fish tail or just that you guys are very skilled driver??? The car seems to stick to the road all the time....
Old 11-04-2001, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

MarkA,

What's the thing that you put next to the regular antenna for the reciever?... is it just a regular metal rod??

What's the difference between L2 and L3?? is L3 better in anyway???
Old 11-04-2001, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

I was in the first race - the Sportsman class, the second race was the lower-level Intermediate class. I usually run car 0 and my car is blue, pinkish, and white. Last night, I was the TQ and winner.

Yes, we all run the Assoc. car. It's simply the best car for the money as the new Yoke Pan car runs $275 and the Corally $240 and at SoCal, they don't run any better.

As far as handling goes, yes, the cars really are that stuck. Breaking the rear-end loose is very hard to do at SoCal. In fact the biggest challenge of running a Pan Car at SoCal is operating in a controlled oversteer environment where the car wants to turn in over the dots because it turns in much harder than a TC driver will be used to doing. Once you get the hang of it though, you can run very precise lines very consistently.

The Tamiya F103 with the GT1/GTP body style can be completive in the Intermediate class (make sure you have foam tires) but probably not in Sportsman. Give it a try one week. We can help you with gearing and some basic setup stuff for that car.

As far as the two antennas goes, one is the regular receiver wire and the tall stiff one is what is called a "rollover" antenna. It's basically just a rod of fiberglass that, in theory, will flip the car back on its wheels when it gets upside down.

The L3 is a narrow car. The L2 is a wide one. For roadcourse, it's like the Pontiac commercial, "wider is better".

For motors, we all run the Trinity-based motors - GM3, P2k, and a few of us have started playing around with the P2k2. All of those run about equally in terms of laps times if geared correctly. The Reedy MVP runs out of top-end steam in a Pan Car.

Be warned though, once you try a Pan Car, you may not want to go back to Sedan. The Pan Car is cheaper to run and faster.
Old 11-04-2001, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Wow, you guys was only running stock motor??????? The car was as fast as the pro mod TC races..... GEEZE..... that's amazing!!!!

Are you guys sponsored?? How come you guys are already playing with P2K2 when most dealers are still "on order".

So you are the TQ runner........ I don't think I can match your face with your car.... The only pan car driver that I remember is a guy with blond hair and glasses. The reason I remember him is that he always starts out strong, (running in first or second)... and for some reason he always got taken out in the middle of the race and never recover....

Last night was exciting... one of the guy running pan car was taking out everyone on the track. That was pretty funny~~~... lol~~~...

Running foam tires, doesn't foam wear out very fast??? you guys gotta be spending big money on running foams.... oh by the way, last night I saw a machine on the side of your guys pit area, Was that a tire truer???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.