Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Project: Break in Dutch machine >

Project: Break in Dutch machine

Like Tree16Likes

Project: Break in Dutch machine

Old 09-07-2022, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Yah you got plenty of power running the 30 amp power supply, and wow you got 2 of those guys, no wonder yours heats up soo quickly. I was trying to use what I have around, and my charger has a DC output, but there is no way I can run 2 of those 250W on the DC output it has unfortunately. Since I don't bring this to the track I could simply run a 12v LED power supply, and run higher wattage heaters, but first I will try mounting my 40W heaters to the heatsinks that I ordered to see if increasing the surface area helps heat up the oil quicker. Since I am not breaking in engines for a living, and using this for personal use waiting 1.5 hours isn't a huge deal, but again I would love to get that around the 30 to 40 minute mark. What is good is that once it gets to temp it has no problem regulating the temperature, it's just the warm up time that is long. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:48 AM
Tech Addict

Update: Changed out the heaters for 2x70w at 12v. The highest I could get. Also added a large heatsink to help heat better. Oh boy what a difference. 30 to 35 minutes now to fully heat up from room temperature. Also revised my cover and raised it and added vent holes. Much better now, as the original was getting too hot and soft from the heat coming off the oil. Now it's perfect.

davidl and nitrodude like this.

Last edited by silence360; 10-03-2022 at 07:47 PM.