Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion Wasp REV

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

I wish I could understand a word of what you are talking about mxwrench :-)
Old 09-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well seeing the engine in action was close to believing. It ran just as fast as my TZ but I realized quickly that it had some finicky tuning issues about it. In the long run it may have the power and punch but without durability and reliability I don’t think that I would want to put my .8 sec lap lead on it and leaving a wing and a prayer hope that it would last out a 30-minute race.

Until the test is conclusive and the power band is leveled and remains insane then I can spend the funds to pick one up.

Chuck engine is fast but I need reliability along with power, I am not the fastest driver out there but I try to remain consistent and try to finish the race and with tuning issues that would remain questionable.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcrunchone
Well seeing the engine in action was close to believing. It ran just as fast as my TZ but I realized quickly that it had some finicky tuning issues about it. In the long run it may have the power and punch but without durability and reliability I don’t think that I would want to put my .8 sec lap lead on it and leaving a wing and a prayer hope that it would last out a 30-minute race.

Until the test is conclusive and the power band is leveled and remains insane then I can spend the funds to pick one up.

Chuck engine is fast but I need reliability along with power, I am not the fastest driver out there but I try to remain consistent and try to finish the race and with tuning issues that would remain questionable.
Kcrunch,
To be fair, I have had problems with the engine only since the trophy race. 2 days before it was silly fast and purred like a kitten. I only got one chance to try and figure it out since then and that was with you. I took it apart and the internals looked fine. It has to be a bad o-ring somewhere. Team-Orion was supposed to send me one for the rear plate 2 weeks ago, but I am still waiting. I went out today for 1/2 hr or so and got it almost there, but not quite. I will try a nova rossi carb hopefully in a lot around here. If I get it working the way it was, then it has to be a carb o-ring too. I will inspect them hopefully tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

On which online shop do you buy your CRF engine, I found this Italian shop selling them.
http://www.unoadieci.com/product.asp...6-579359bc4ce6