Wiki Posts
Search

Best Modified Engine!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 05:29 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Seisick
it better be a top choice, I´ve just seen some max, and jps and at 20 nitro have lower performance than at 30, specially compared to my stock evo2 legal.
Hi Seisick

The problem with highly moded engines is that if you don't specify what is it what you are looking for, they can dissapoint you.
For example if your track is small and technical you need an engine with lots of low end and midrange. If your track is wide open and with long main straight, you need an engine with tons of high end, sacrificing some low end power.
So when ordering a custom moded engine you have to ask what part of the power band has the tuner enhanced, and which one do you need.
Sometimes a bare stock engine will be faster on a small track than a modified engine. Be carefull.

AFM
Old 01-27-2005, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

not true lol you get a dynoed chart with each engine you get from emod and it shows you what the stock engine did through each rpm range and compares it to the mod, its much better thrugh the whole range, well thats at least from e mod as for the others who knows u might be right but not for e mods if any one is intrested i could post eds web page
Old 01-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

try www.ebmod.com the best to my knowledge so far
Old 01-27-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

sorry its http://www.EBMods.com
Old 01-27-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

dyno results are posted oh ye
Old 01-27-2005, 06:36 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by mgtman
not true lol you get a dynoed chart with each engine you get from emod and it shows you what the stock engine did through each rpm range and compares it to the mod, its much better thrugh the whole range, well thats at least from e mod as for the others who knows u might be right but not for e mods if any one is intrested i could post eds web page
Well, then it's true what I'm saying. I wasn't speaking specifically about e mods, but I hold as true that If you don't know what the modder has done to your engine, you could be dissapointed.

As per e mods, that is the serious way to offer moded engines, with proven dyno figures.

AFM
Old 01-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

i agree if you dont know you are right seen a whole buch get disssapointed not with his though we had a whole bunch all apt and compared big diff
Old 01-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

I've heard EB mod's run really well. I'm curious though...he dyno's them when they're not completely broken in yet?
Old 01-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

absolutelly and i seen them only get faster
Old 01-27-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

from what he tells me, he heat cycles the engines before he dyno's them. He also heat cycles the modded engines before you get them. This way it's ready to tune and race and he know's it's done properly.
He does great work. I was offered to come up and hang out a number of occasions but he's 3hrs away from me. I'll make it up one day.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

yup ready to go he rules
Old 01-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default www.ebmods.com

I like this following sentence from ebmods web site:
"Only a select few actually do R&D on engines before releasing them. Jim Hottinger, Steve O'Donnell , JP Racing , Andy Brown , Dennis Ritchie , Rody Roem, Rich Reid , and myself are the only ones I can actually say have some sort of testing routine in place."

I didn't know that only 8 guys in whole world are doing some sort of real testing. No Andrea Rossi, no Michael Salven, no Massimo Fantini, no Alberto Picco, no 100s other guys-nobody!!!!

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 01-27-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thats a serious claim
i know my Massimo Fantini engine is better than others at my track...good enough. Just my hand the problem
Old 01-27-2005, 06:41 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: www.ebmods.com

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
"Only a select few actually do R&D on engines before releasing them. Jim Hottinger, Steve O'Donnell , JP Racing , Andy Brown , Dennis Ritchie , Rody Roem, Rich Reid , and myself are the only ones I can actually say have some sort of testing routine in place."

??????????? !!!!!!!!!
Jajajajajajajajajajajaja.....take air......jajajajajajajajaja

AFM
Old 01-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: www.ebmods.com

Originally posted by Top Gun 777

I didn't know that only 8 guys in whole world are doing some sort of real testing. No Andrea Rossi, no Michael Salven, no Massimo Fantini, no Alberto Picco, no 100s other guys-nobody!!!!
He forgot about Edward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.