R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #601
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc_tech
nice ozpall... and can u post it again at this HPI savage thread . thanks.
I must add that it works on all savages including the X.
ozpall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:28 PM   #602
Tech Adept

hey ryan, the bronce piece on the carb that holds the throttle linkage its too weak, the motor that i got from you a couple of weeks ago, i'm still breaking it in but that piece is stripped with the little hex screw, do you have replacement for those or do you know from a different motor that i can get at my LHS? let me know please.
thx.

Oscar
Old 09-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #603
Tech Rookie

hi
what is the correct size for the engine bearing?
front and rear
i want to change it to ceramic,if it worth
is the 21T engine bearing size same as on the D28?
denisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #604
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

a little 2 gallon update. The engine has been running great. at the track this weekend alot of people were talking about about my engine. The people with there $300 engine couldn't beleve that they were getting beat by me on the strait and were getting out accelerated by me. the only time it stalled was when i didn't have it warmed up fully and when i ran out of gas. I plan on running these engines for now on. when this one dies i will be getting another and if i ever need more power then it allready has then ill just have it moded but i need to learn how to drive before it worry about more power. i cant wait to go run it again
davo798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #605
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo798
a little 2 gallon update. The engine has been running great. at the track this weekend alot of people were talking about about my engine. The people with there $300 engine couldn't beleve that they were getting beat by me on the strait and were getting out accelerated by me. the only time it stalled was when i didn't have it warmed up fully and when i ran out of gas. I plan on running these engines for now on. when this one dies i will be getting another and if i ever need more power then it allready has then ill just have it moded but i need to learn how to drive before it worry about more power. i cant wait to go run it again
great news & update.
whats yer ride? savage or truggy? mine as u can see from my avatar & signature... X1crt. IT CAN WHEELIE on the right spot.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:00 PM   #606
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i run a lsp. right now i cant wheelie (last time i tried) because i have it geared a little higher then stock because i run on a good size track and i have engough bottom end to clear all the jumps i need so i went from a 13t clutchbell to a 15 t clutch bell. at first i thought it was geared too high but i put on alumimun shoes and it is a perfect setup for my truck. I aslo runn it a little cold. i came off the track at 208 after a 20 min main. I am going to lean it out more to get it at around 230 ish to get some more power out of it. I was running it hotter in the quals but we had a big weather change that threw off the settings alittle for me as i had the engine tuned right but the people who don't know how to tune, and usually stay on the gass to keep the engine running ended up not finishing because it had too much of a effect on their poorly tuned engines....don't you love it when people who have been in the hobby longer then you and have high end equipment can't get their stuff to run.

how does every one tune their engines from day to day? do you "just run it" or do you re-tune every time. I used to "just run it" but i was sick of having problems with my engies so now every time i go to the track i leave the body off and get my engine all tuned up perfect for that days weather and then i have the rest of the day engine problem free. the other thing is i like the practice so i can continue to get better at tuning. I'd rather know how to tune my engine so it runs great and have one less thing to worry about then have a engine that you keep on guessing until it runs right and think i know how to tune an engine, but when the weather changes my engine doesn't run and i can't tune it to correct it and just wine and complain about it and have a cappy day. so after all my blabbering, what do you do?
davo798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #607
Tech Adept

way to go man, yes you should tune your motor everytime you run it. everday is a little different.

also here is a pic of STS's new clutch shoes.

available soon
ryan6682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:13 AM   #608
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan6682
way to go man, yes you should tune your motor everytime you run it. everday is a little different.

available soon
sts own clutch... wow... it seems like the new hongnor(jammin) silver clutch(long wear) which i got. oh well, i might as well try it too. thanks for the info.

and yes davo. we retuned evryday or everytime we put on the track/bash. my 28 evr reach the 140C... no problem coz our outside is around 38C. and it still smoking at the straight.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:32 AM   #609
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan6682

available soon
Ryan

How much would the shipping be to send an STS 30 to 'Horatio' in the UK? I'd also prefer the STS .30 supplied with the roto start - I could keep the pull start as a back up. Shoot us a PM if it's more appropriate, give me a total price and I can put my Paypal account to good use........

Regards

Horatio

Last edited by Horatio; 10-27-2006 at 05:52 AM.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:33 AM   #610
Tech Adept

you've been pm'd.
ryan6682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:22 AM   #611
Tech Adept

i don't tune my motor even if i don't drive it for a month, it always starts and it runs great, no overheat or die. i run it on the rich side so i don't wheelie so much and i can drive it, and yet on the rich side still beats my buddys stock hpi 46 by a lot.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #612
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpall
i don't tune my motor even if i don't drive it for a month, it always starts and it runs great, no overheat or die. i run it on the rich side so i don't wheelie so much and i can drive it, and yet on the rich side still beats my buddys stock hpi 46 by a lot.
dont ya love that feeling
i even love the feeling beating other truggy using my savage with sts
it doesnt always happen like that..but when it did... its like winning the world cup
Old 05-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #613
Tech Rookie

hi guys,

its my first post here, so im reacivating this thread...
i got my sts .28 some weeks ago, she burned now about 1,5 gallons of
sidewinder 25, with plug os a5, sts 0403 pipe and temeratures about 120C.

the power is ok, but there is also the possibility to lean her till shes going like crazy.
if i do this, the temp is ging up to 160C.

does it mean the engine is still in break-in process?

the next thing is:
im reading allways about sealing carb and backplate.
what does it mean? do you use some sealing-paste, or just replace the o-rings?
my lsn is not very tight, i can turn it very, very easy,
nearly that it could self-adjust by running.
do i have to put new o-rings in it, or what?

engine and garb are dry, nothing leaking...
-mac- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:34 PM   #614
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kemorc Send a message via MSN to Kemorc

your sts engine is safely broken in when you can pull the plug, turn the flywheel and feel just a slight restriction at TDC.

320 degrees is too high for the engine. You should be safely running at about 200-240. When everything is set just right, its kinda hard to overheat the engine.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:10 PM   #615
Tech Adept

I read somewhere (but can't find it again) that STS is coming out with a 5 port .28 engine sometime to compete better with some of the race engines on the market. Has anyone else heard about this or have more info?
jcchase is offline   Reply With Quote