R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #556
Tech Rookie

Default STS .30 Release

Hello
Just letting people from the UK and Ireland that the release of the .30 Engine will be early next week.If you are thinking about purchasing one,or any STS item just follow this link.
www.clevelandmodels.co.uk
adam.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #557
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo798
i just got the sts 28 for my lsp and it is running too hot. what are your needle settings? i all ready broke it in and i am so far off on the needles i just need to get it in the ball park again. thanks
ok stock mine was 3T HSN, LSN flushed(4 - 4.5T). just make sure lots of smoke and up to temp. running, racing tune, (mine HSN=2T, LSN=4T). totally different from yours. my outside temp always at the region of 35 Celcius to 38 Celcius.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #558
Tech Adept

STS .30 pics are here
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...69#post2573169
ryan6682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #559
Tech Adept

Quote:
i just got the sts 28 for my lsp and it is running too hot. what are your needle settings? i all ready broke it in and i am so far off on the needles i just need to get it in the ball park again. thanks
i started my break-in process last nite, i left the needles the way they came, i open up the carb a little bit and after running it for a little bit i did had to richen up the HSN, we can not tell you how many turns on the needle settings cause temp is different. if you are running to hot just richen it and keep checking temp.
later.
ozpall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #560
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

no i was way too rich so that also caused it to run hot. my lsn was set at 6 1/4 turns out.

one question i have is how tight was your engine when you got it? i have people telling me that theirs was so tight that they had to heat it up and lossen the glowplug to get it to start. Mine, i didn't need to heat it up or lossen the glow plug. i could pull start it with no problems. why did mine have almost no pinch?
davo798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 05:19 PM   #561
Tech Apprentice

right now i think this engine sucks. i just bought the roto start because my pit man broke my pull start. i instulled it and tryed to start the engine and after 15 seconds it started making a funny noise and then the roto start wouldn't turn any more. i took the roto start off and saw that i couldn't spin the shaft that the roto start big gear goes on to. the one that goes through the backplate and the oneway ataches to. i took the backplate off and pulled the c-clip off the shaft and it still didn't move. i had to hammer it out and when i did i saw that the copper bushing was getting eaten up by the shaft and there was copper fileings all over the shaft/ i cleaned them all off and put the enine back together and tryed starting it and the same thing happened.

is there somthing wronge that i did? i'm just mad because now i cant go racing this weekend and i havent been able to race much all year and i was looking forward to racing tomarow and now i cant go. is there an thing i can do to fix this or is it just a faulty roto start?

any help is apreciated
Old 08-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #562

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Sounds like the motor is still tight. Thats why everyone says to do the above or else youll find your start mechanisms failing.

Rotostart also needs to be a rotostart system not a drill start , just in case you used that.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:56 PM   #563
Tech Apprentice

my engine is not tight at all. i can spin the flyweel over pretty easly when it is cold with the glow plug in. there is enough compression for the engine to run but it not realy thight where i can barely turn the fly wheel over and i did use a roto start. my drill doesn't even have enough rpm to get the engine running. i took the o-ring that was on the shaft off and that seams like it stoped the ware on the bushing but now it will proably leak out of the back plat through there but then again the pull start doen't have a o-ring on the shaft so maby it wont.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #564
Tech Champion

davo so sorry to hear yer problem. i hope yer hobbyshop or someone who sold u will help u there. i got mine so tight..yes very tight as when u push the piston, the sleeve will come up. after 20 tanks of run-in & racing 45minutes main.. it still got tons of compression.
i think u better ask the person who sold u this. if u say ur engine is not tight at all when u just got it..than thats the problem. big problem. u must've been cheated.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:11 PM   #565
Tech Apprentice

well i bought it from ryan from racernine.com
Old 08-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #566
Tech Champion

Ryan... then it shud be tight. ryan been into this sts business long enough NOT to cheat others. something must have been gone wrong. why don u call him direct. im sure he can help u in anyway he can. he's a great guy. he's sts engine been in Mexico already & winning(Pato Concha's).

or is the engine already been run-in? just curious.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #567
Tech Apprentice

well i did run it allready. there is no way it could be ryans fault. the engine was still shrinkwraped and i highly dout he or any one would cheat me out. it may have been just the piston and seeve wernt a good match. im just sick of having problems though. between my truck and the stock engine and now this its just one more think to add on to the pile. i havent had one day at the track yet that i didn't have any problems and i was hoping i finaly got all the bugs worked out and then this haddened.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #568
Tech Apprentice

well i just found out i had a major air leak in the back plate today. i sealed it up with rtv and now i got alot more compression but i didn't get a chace to run it today because of the rain.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #569
Tech Champion

Quote:
well i just found out i had a major air leak in the back plate today. i sealed it up with rtv and now i got alot more compression but i didn't get a chace to run it today because of the rain.
pheeewww
knew there were something wrong. glad u found it. yea, rain could spoil the day. dont worry. the 28 make u wait worthwhile. i guarantee u.

rc peace!
Old 08-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #570
Tech Apprentice

i need to go buy some new plugs so what is a good plug to run with 20% OD? the ones i had before were not hot enough so i need a plug on the hot side.

thanks