Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Picco TORQUE versus Novarossi topic >

Picco TORQUE versus Novarossi topic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Picco TORQUE versus Novarossi topic

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Picco Torque USA Distributor

Hi Brent

I am the Picco USA distributor for Torque line engines.

You can find us at www.kevcoracing.com or email me at [email protected]

Kevin Hutchinson
Old 10-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Kevin.

What have your drivers reported thus far on this engine compared to the Novarossi engines?
Old 10-30-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wingracer, who makes the Nosram. LRP plugs, are they any good??

Originally Posted by wingracer
Actually IDM and Sirio plugs are made by LM, the same company that makes Sirio, Werks, Orion, Invision, etc. engines. IMO, they are the best plugs on the market today, period. Though they are not made for Piccos, they work perfectly in them. That's why IDM engines are Picco based but the plugs are LM. As I said earlier, the IDM versions should be available from Jerry at Shepherd America/XS power, he is the IDM importer.

An od 77t is a hot offroad plug so you could probably use something like a Werks or Orion 5 or 6, readily available from Amain and many other places. I think even Ashford may have them now.

His website is still a little thin but you can email him.
[email protected]
Old 10-30-2011, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wmay11
Wingracer, who makes the Nosram. LRP plugs, are they any good??
NOPE!
Trust me, you don't want to use them...
Old 10-30-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Actually IDM and Sirio plugs are made by LM, the same company that makes Sirio, Werks, Orion, Invision, etc. engines. IMO, they are the best plugs on the market today, period. Though they are not made for Piccos, they work perfectly in them. That's why IDM engines are Picco based but the plugs are LM. As I said earlier, the IDM versions should be available from Jerry at Shepherd America/XS power, he is the IDM importer.

An od 77t is a hot offroad plug so you could probably use something like a Werks or Orion 5 or 6, readily available from Amain and many other places. I think even Ashford may have them now.

[email protected]
I am not 100% sure but 99%, that that the Picco plugas are also LM.
Visually, there's no difference.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

[email protected]
but od 77T packing was printed for 1/10
Old 10-30-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia
but od 77T packing was printed for 1/10
Their chart says .12-.28 med hot. Since TC motors like a bit hotter plug than a .21, it would probably work well for 1/10th.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Talking about off the shelf engines, I think Picco has made a huge improvement in the last couple of years, but it still a hit and miss. From time to time you find a really good engine, that has the perfect fit and last a long time, but with Novarossi you always have same quality and performance.

Novarossi is still #1 in quality and consistency in my opinion
Old 10-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roelof
No, I do not have one, I fixed one for someone so I could messure some things up.

In the Dutch nationals the Torque engines are fast. Steven Cuypers running a Picco powered MRX5 can outperform RickV with a Flash powered MRX5. Ilia van Gastel was also very fast running a Mega, although the Mega is still with the DS4 it would not suprise me if he was running a Torque setup.

On the other hand there was one guy who could not get the engines right and had excanged them again for Novarossi. I know a lot of things were tryed. As he did bought 3 of them at the same time I asume there could be a bad production serie as well.
Well i don't think you can judge only by what is going on in Holland. In USA they haven't won any major race in a long time.

In Italy, the RC Mecca, Novarossi is always dominating.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by miker2209
Well i don't think you can judge only by what is going on in Holland. In USA they haven't won any major race in a long time.

the driver also play a very important part in a race,if i'm not mistaken
Old 10-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Lord

Talking about off the shelf engines, I think Picco has made a huge improvement in the last couple of years, but it still a hit and miss. From time to time you find a really good engine, that has the perfect fit and last a long time, but with Novarossi you always have same quality and performance.

Novarossi is still #1 in quality and consistency in my opinion
True that Picco hasn'd been always reliable and consistence which is still affecting their bussiness today. But from what I have seen with Novarossi in the last years it seems they are going backwards with the qiality.

With big names like RickV, Robin d'Hondt, Olia v. Gastel, Steven Cuypers, John Ermen who have proven theirself very well on international level we do have a good strong field.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
True that Picco hasn'd been always reliable and consistence which is still affecting their bussiness today. But from what I have seen with Novarossi in the last years it seems they are going backwards with the qiality.
Agreed. Not saying Nova is bad, they are still great but they have slid back to the rest of the field recently while others seem to be improving.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Agreed. Not saying Nova is bad, they are still great but they have slid back to the rest of the field recently while others seem to be improving.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by stefan
I am not 100% sure but 99%, that that the Picco plugas are also LM.
Visually, there's no difference.
Picco plugs are made by Picco. They are not LM. The difference is the filiment has 6 turns not 5 turns also the body is not marked on the Picco plug as with all others. The Picco plug though is getting better.

Jerry
Old 10-31-2011, 03:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wingracer, are you currently still running your Picco TQ engine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.