Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Picco 2011 TORQUE onroad engines >

Picco 2011 TORQUE onroad engines

Picco 2011 TORQUE onroad engines

Reply

Old 03-11-2011, 07:09 PM
  #46  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

M7H: Please don't think EURO or US countries really make more income then people living in HK. You seems correct if I know nothing but I think should not be 2-3 times more for an avg person income in HK. Check this out:

http://www.citymayors.com/economics/richest_cities.html

HK is #37 in 2009

#37 is consider VERY good in the world. Why I said very good?

Let me ask you, How many cities in USA? Answer is 19,354 cities in USA. Not counting the whole world. So 37 out of 19,354 is already consider very good number.

I'm sure in year of 2010 HK has higher ranking because there is economy crisis in USA and some EUR countries while HK economy is still growing very strong.

OK. that is my economy lesson two.
ioxqq is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:33 AM
  #47  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,274
Default

Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
M7H: Please don't think EURO or US countries really make more income then people living in HK. You seems correct if I know nothing but I think should not be 2-3 times more for an avg person income in HK. Check this out:

http://www.citymayors.com/economics/richest_cities.html

HK is #37 in 2009

#37 is consider VERY good in the world. Why I said very good?

Let me ask you, How many cities in USA? Answer is 19,354 cities in USA. Not counting the whole world. So 37 out of 19,354 is already consider very good number.

I'm sure in year of 2010 HK has higher ranking because there is economy crisis in USA and some EUR countries while HK economy is still growing very strong.

OK. that is my economy lesson two.
Now you are mixing things up.
MH7 was talking about Europe, not the US and he was also talking about income, not rich cities.
US citizens make a whole lote less on average than Europeans.
Of course there are those super rich people in the US, but not that many.

So, when you compare European income with average HK income, he's absolutely correct.

Btw, economics lesson #1: You can only charge for a product what the market is willing to pay.....
stefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:02 AM
  #48  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stefan View Post
it is one very good price for a new engine.i can tell that.
i have find it for a bit less that is nothing.
so stefan,you have very good prices for a europe shop1
GREGORY! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 AM
  #49  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,274
Default

Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
it is one very good price for a new engine.i can tell that.
i have find it for a bit less that is nothing.
so stefan,you have very good prices for a europe shop1
What you need to understand is, that as a dealer, you don't have a lot of freedom with your pricing.

The manufacturers / distributotrs give you a dealer price and a MSRP.
The margin is in general not very big.
Now, you can go ahead and offer a product way under MSRP, which cuts down on your small margin and you will ahve all your competitiors running to the manufacturers / distributors, complaing, that you are spoiling the prices.

You'll get a message form your didtributor very quickly, telling you to get in line with your pricing or otherwise they won't supply you anymore.

The worst thing is, when manufacturers / distributors are having their own online shop, where they are selling for lower prices, since they have made their margin already :-(

our IDM distributor here is selling IDM tires for €xy.xx
When you ask him for dealer prices for these tires, he tells you the exact same price which he is selling them for. Great, right?

Just as an example for how rich you can get with an RC online shop: The margin on most 8th scale onroad tires is approx 2-3 Euros for a set of 4 tires.......
stefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:51 AM
  #50  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stefan View Post
What you need to understand is, that as a dealer, you don't have a lot of freedom with your pricing.

The manufacturers / distributotrs give you a dealer price and a MSRP.
The margin is in general not very big.
Now, you can go ahead and offer a product way under MSRP, which cuts down on your small margin and you will ahve all your competitiors running to the manufacturers / distributors, complaing, that you are spoiling the prices.

You'll get a message form your didtributor very quickly, telling you to get in line with your pricing or otherwise they won't supply you anymore.

The worst thing is, when manufacturers / distributors are having their own online shop, where they are selling for lower prices, since they have made their margin already :-(

our IDM distributor here is selling IDM tires for €xy.xx
When you ask him for dealer prices for these tires, he tells you the exact same price which he is selling them for. Great, right?

Just as an example for how rich you can get with an RC online shop: The margin on most 8th scale onroad tires is approx 2-3 Euros for a set of 4 tires.......

i got it!
one question.how can hk shops have so good prices in some items?
GREGORY! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:57 AM
  #51  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,838
Default

Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
i got it!
one question.how can hk shops have so good prices in some items?
Most shops do not include taxes. When you order something in HK you have to pay taxes to your own goverment but no one is doing that unless the border patroll did take out the package.
Roelof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:18 AM
  #52  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

Originally Posted by stefan View Post
What you need to understand is, that as a dealer, you don't have a lot of freedom with your pricing.

The manufacturers / distributotrs give you a dealer price and a MSRP.
The margin is in general not very big.
Now, you can go ahead and offer a product way under MSRP, which cuts down on your small margin and you will ahve all your competitiors running to the manufacturers / distributors, complaing, that you are spoiling the prices.

You'll get a message form your didtributor very quickly, telling you to get in line with your pricing or otherwise they won't supply you anymore.

The worst thing is, when manufacturers / distributors are having their own online shop, where they are selling for lower prices, since they have made their margin already :-(

our IDM distributor here is selling IDM tires for €xy.xx
When you ask him for dealer prices for these tires, he tells you the exact same price which he is selling them for. Great, right?

Just as an example for how rich you can get with an RC online shop: The margin on most 8th scale onroad tires is approx 2-3 Euros for a set of 4 tires.......
I think she is correct on that. Most shops do not make big money and the dead stock is their lost. If the IDM distributor trying to sell the tyre by herself then why not a dealer tell IDM that this distributor is not doing distribution. Or a dealer find some other OEM foam tyre then sell direct? You can easily find a supplier for foam tyre supply or buy foam direct from Japan to setup a foam tyre gluing company yourself to share his tyre market. Especially all foam are the same nowdays. Just gluing and rim are different. Maybe I'm too extreme saying that but it is very possible and technical not very difficult.

stefan, Most rc shops can't make good money but I do really know some shops making super good money. For example buying a Ferrari. Especially Do not look down a online rc air shop which selling everything at very low price.
ioxqq is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:21 AM
  #53  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

GREGORY!: Because they typo the prices and they do honor it. Go to fatwallet.com to find more typo in price.
ioxqq is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:43 AM
  #54  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,274
Default

Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
i got it!
one question.how can hk shops have so good prices in some items?
Excellent question.

In 2003 I bought a VW Touareg in Greenville, South Carolina, USA.
The car was a fully loaded V8 with 310 hp.
The car cost me $45,000. At the same time, the same car cost €65,000 in Germany, where it was from.

As I mentioned before, you can only charge what the market is willing to pay.
Another big influence are the local distributors.
Take Sirio engines for example. In Italy you can buy Sirio XXXV with exhaust for under €200. In Germany the MSRP for the same engine without exhaust is €349.
If you try to get them directly from Italy as a dealer, they tell you to contact your local distributor.

Just at the start of this year a major manufacturer who is now also based in China, did something REALLY remarkable.
They left the MSRP prices but raised the dealer prices up to 20%.

Now you can't really sell the product above MSRP, because these prices are known to the public.
That means, you are losing a bifg piece of your margin.
Only way to deal with this is to take their products out of your portfolio.....
stefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:47 AM
  #55  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,274
Default

Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
If the IDM distributor trying to sell the tyre by herself then why not a dealer tell IDM that this distributor is not doing distribution.
Tried that, didn't work.
Firstly, Mr.IDM and the distributor are big buddies and secondly, Mr.IDM doesn't seem to care how his tires are sold, as long as they are sold.....

Oh, and when you have your tire manufacturing facility operational, send me your dealer price list, ok?
stefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:38 AM
  #56  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Excellent question.
Now you can't really sell the product above MSRP, because these prices are known to the public.
That means, you are losing a bifg piece of your margin.
Only way to deal with this is to take their products out of your portfolio.....
so,instead to try lower the overal prices and try make people stay in this expensive hobby at this difficult for economy session,they do the otherwise.
NICE!
GREGORY! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:40 AM
  #57  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

so this engine won't be sold in the states?
bobbyblaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:40 AM
  #58  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
GREGORY!: Because they typo the prices and they do honor it. Go to fatwallet.com to find more typo in price.
i visited it.what is that?
GREGORY! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:45 PM
  #59  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

stefan: Is bad to hear that. But serious the easy way is to buy foam tyre from tyre company for doing OEM for you. Sometimes when thing doesn't work, try to take the control is better way.
ioxqq is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:51 PM
  #60  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Slo-MTX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,479
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze View Post
so this engine won't be sold in the states?
I believe that XS Power will be selling these. Send Jerry an email [email protected]
Slo-MTX4 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service