R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 12-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default BP racing engines

Hey there guys, there is a new engine being imported to the US that you all should have a look at. I've been testing these and they are really fast and reliable as all others. They are brought in by BP ENGINES USA and the contact info is [email protected]. Have a look and you won't be disappointed at the quality or price of these fine hand tuned Italian engines for offroad or onroad.
YBSLOW
POWERMASTER FUEL
1fastmxcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
Tech Addict

I bet BP USA can't be survive in this economy situation. Even big brand engines are all in bad shape now. Even I know BP USA has invested very small amount of money in this small business but it tastes like BP USA is wasting his hard earn money. Anyway, pay for earning experience.
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
I bet BP USA can't be survive in this economy situation. Even big brand engines are all in bad shape now. Even I know BP USA has invested very small amount of money in this small business but it tastes like BP USA is wasting his hard earn money. Anyway, pay for earning experience.
What is your point? And or agenda?
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
There alwaws one to have something negative to say.
Serpent, 748tq
bluer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
WOW! This guy is a real ray of light. Lol. Sounds like he should see a therapist for some help. How does he know that BP USA can't make it in this economy? The problem with the big engine companies is that they are pricing themselves out of the game. Maybe the know it all can find another thread to preach his sorrows to. Lol

WOW!
YBSLOW
POWERMASTER FUEL
Old 12-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
Tech Addict

I bet on this BP USA will be disappear in the most 2 years. If not 3 years, depends how much he wants to wast. I don't know if you guys have connection on people working in RC sense, if yes ask them to tell you how is the RC business now. Ask them what do they say about the new BP USA, maybe they just laugh away. I understand for a racer, it is always better to have more selection but for business I think this is bad bad timing to open this kind of business now. Also I guess this BP USA is home business at 323 area code. 323 area code is 100% not a rich people area. Let see how much he can afford in this game. Maybe I'm wrong, this is just my opinion wanting to share.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
I bet on this BP USA will be disappear in the most 2 years. If not 3 years, depends how much he wants to wast. I don't know if you guys have connection on people working in RC sense, if yes ask them to tell you how is the RC business now. Ask them what do they say about the new BP USA, maybe they just laugh away. I understand for a racer, it is always better to have more selection but for business I think this is bad bad timing to open this kind of business now. Also I guess this BP USA is home business at 323 area code. 323 area code is 100% not a rich people area. Let see how much he can afford in this game. Maybe I'm wrong, this is just my opinion wanting to share.
Your area code comment makes no sense. It is a global hobby and at least a Nation wide distributor for the whole country. You make no sense and sound bitter. There is no guarantee any business will be here in 3 years.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
Your area code comment makes no sense. It is a global hobby and at least a Nation wide distributor for the whole country. You make no sense and sound bitter. There is no guarantee any business will be here in 3 years.
Well put man! Forsure this guy would like to have everyone to have only one engine brand bought at his website. He should mind his own business instead of other peoples. His agenda is obvious man, TO RULE THE R/C WORLD!!! What a [email protected]&k--g joke!! Lmao
YBSLOW
POWERMASTER FUEL
Old 12-30-2010, 08:30 AM   #9
Tech Addict

YBSLOW: The area code area really make sense. It is saying how rich is that owner. I lived in that 323 area, I know what kind community is there. Mostly are poor people living there. No rich people there. Take a look at redfin.com, you will agree what I mean. Money makes all the different. If he is so rich then he can spend some money for marketing in order to make some noise for the BP USA launching. But do you he he is spending money for marketing. I doubt it.
Simple take a look at big RC company's marketing. When they release a new product, they pay something like close to $2000 monthly fee for magazine ad full page color. Giving away product for sponsorship and maybe pay for top driver using their product. BP USA pay nothing for marketing not to mention about professional marketing person in their company. There is no magic especially in this economy at down turn. Even Xray is spending a lot for their marketing. Learn and think with business mind. I can guarantee BP USA can't be success. Why I know? Because if selling BP makes money then other big company already distribute it not somebody living in 323 area code doing in his home. You will not see some story like Dell was started in garage became an IPO company now day.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ioxqq, What is your name and who are you?

They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, so keep up the mindless comments, at least it might get more people to visit this thread.

Website is being updated, product on its way over from Italy.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

On the other hand if it is a poor part of the country it must be cheap to live there or start a distributer business keeping the costs down.

But beside that, the BP engine as an Italian mill is not the most chosen onroad engine in Europe, they did not provide the performance what was needed. (I am talking in the past because I do not know the latest models), at that list you can also ad AXE rossi and Vega, both succesfull in offroad but not in onroad and for the same price there are better (supported) engines..
Old 12-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I saw 2 guys running these at Rev a few weeks ago.. I must say that I was very impresed with power output and run time... I would love to test one of these out.

As far as the "area" code thing, that might be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. My zip code is 91361 maybe that makes me rich enough to run a small business???
Old 12-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #13
Tech Addict

Zip code really tells how is the income of the people living there. You hardly see people drive a nice car in that area. For example, look at Beverly hills and nice cars all around the places. Check out some city data, you will see avg family income in different city. The reason I brought up the zip code thing is MONEY it is the king for business. Even big companies spending so much for marketing. A small company with small budget can be successful? Again, no magic.
I don't know if BP USA is going to release ad in 2-3 rc magazines talking spending $5000 monthly and put some banner in tracks $200 monthly for one. Throwing free engine to good drivers, paying for top drivers....... Even harder to be survive for business this way. The calculation seems not right for me.

DO you know: if there is 100 people in rctech saying this BP engine is good. End up there is only 10 people will really make the move on purchase the BP engine.

So, BP USA, please be careful. Do not over stock.

BP USA I know my post do not sounds good to you. I have no intention on insulting your business. I'm just roughly evaluate your new BP USA business with business mind plus the current RC market situation, all 100% real of what I feel. You can see my negative sound as a caution.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
How do you know it can't survive? If the motors perform and they're the right price, the company will flourish.
Wanabrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The on road BP engines are very good. Perhaps the older models were not as good, but I never tried them. The current stable of engines, specifically the 935RTC, is exceptionally good. I have switched from Novarossi and I am glad I did. I have won or podiumed nearly every race this year with the engine, run time is good, and reliability is excellent. Best of all, the engine is over $200 less than the Novarossi counterpart. Some of the other local racers who have also switched from other brands, mainly Novarossi, are very impressed and happy with their 935 engines.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store

Last edited by garen; 01-01-2011 at 08:45 AM.
garen is offline   Reply With Quote