Old 05-31-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The Pipe that I use is the OS T-3010. it works great
Old 05-31-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by compaq888
ok, i just spent the whole day at the track. We had a race with touring cars and guess who got 1st place, a guy with a mtx3 with a OS TR-T

a lot of people ran mtx-3's and he also did too, you could clearly see he kept up to everybody in the turns but when it came to the straightaway he got smoked. At the 5 min mark all the italian mills ran out of fuel, and of course he was still going. The italian motors had to be restarted, while he came in for fuel and kept on going. You should of seen the look on some guys when they found out he had a TR-T and they had $250-300 motors and lost. After the race i asked him how much he got the motor for, he said $160.

Personally i think with better cooling and the right pipe the OS TR-T can probably keep up with the Italian mills on the straightaway
I was there also racing. Came in 5th My bro got 3rd. Were you racing compaq? Which guy were you? I was racing the car in my avatar. I'm there almost every weekend. Yes, the TR was performing very well. The driver drove a very consistent race with no crashing at all. But there is no way the TR can keep up with the Novas on the straights.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by mckrooz
I was there also racing. Came in 5th My bro got 3rd. Were you racing compaq? Which guy were you? I was racing the car in my avatar. I'm there almost every weekend. Yes, the TR was performing very well. The driver drove a very consistent race with no crashing at all. But there is no way the TR can keep up with the Novas on the straights.
you are correct...os just lack the top end to keep up but the low surge of the car is the advantage in the infield....so if you're racing in a technical track with short st8s(35m max)....then os is the ideal engine.....and also Nova has come out with the RR L3/RRL5...personally I hve not seen the performance of this engines...
Old 05-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by vones
you are correct...os just lack the top end to keep up but the low surge of the car is the advantage in the infield....so if you're racing in a technical track with short st8s(35m max)....then os is the ideal engine.....and also Nova has come out with the RR L3/RRL5...personally I hve not seen the performance of this engines...
i make most of my passing in the infield just before the start/finish line,( boy do i love my O.S.Tr)
Old 05-31-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

I was the guy sitting with Ah10 the whole day. When somebody crashed in the qualifiying i was the white guy that ran out on the track and gave the car to the owner cause the engine flamed out. I picked up a slightly used V one RR today, i should be there this saturday at the track getting help setting it up. The engine will probably be put in July.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Engine Maintenance

Hi Guys,

I have a .12 TR (P) - T and was wondering if anyone has a recommended maintenance schedule for this. Past experience maintaining it would also be appreciated.

Cheers,

John
Old 06-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Isnt the OS .12 TR(P) a 5 port turbo eng. Is it legal for roar racing....? For club racing doesnt matter, but by Roar rules .12 engs must be 3 port.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yes the .12TR-T is not ROAR legal but the New .12TR-T R-Spec is
3 ports Turbo.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

When is the R Spec coming out? I have heard great things about it. I know they rate the Turbo at 1.3. Is there a rating on the R spec?

John
Old 06-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by compaq888
I was the guy sitting with Ah10 the whole day. When somebody crashed in the qualifiying i was the white guy that ran out on the track and gave the car to the owner cause the engine flamed out. I picked up a slightly used V one RR today, i should be there this saturday at the track getting help setting it up. The engine will probably be put in July.
Cool. How much did you get the RR for? I'm selling one also. There is probably gonna be another pick up race Sat. again. I will leave with a trophy this time.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

There is probably gonna be another pick up race Sat. again. I will leave with a trophy this time.
no you won't
Old 06-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Cool. How much did you get the RR for? I'm selling one also. There is probably gonna be another pick up race Sat. again. I will leave with a trophy this time.
Yeah, i saw your RR on e-bay also before i bought mine. I got it for $100, it had only 2 quarts of fuel through it. Did you see how Ah10 raced last time, the only reason he lost was because of the thrust bearing, he had 1 lap over you guys the whole time

Don't worry, i will be right behind him in the #2 position, you can have sloppy 3rd's
Old 06-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Data
no you won't
Why you have to rain on my parade?
Old 06-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Default New R spec OS Engine

Does anyone have the specs on this new engine? I know there was a picture posted.

thanks,

john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.