R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-15-2004, 02:43 PM   #166
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

R-Spec....E-Spec.....so many Specs!

hard to keep up with it all.

All I want to know is "is it fast" and "does it tune like a typical OS engine".
Old 07-15-2004, 04:08 PM   #167
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to compaq888

I guess we will find that out soon.
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 12:31 AM   #168
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE]Originally posted by compaq888
I made different gearing for this engine, so I won't be in a disadvatage on the straightaway[QUOTE]

don't tell me you are going to do the 24t conversion.

Quote:
Can I use your receiver pack charger while i save up for one? I just blew $160 on the engine and I still need to get fuel and a membership to crystal
just come to the track. we will take care of you except the membership thing.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:02 AM   #169
Tech Fanatic

Data... How is my G4 Steering experiment coming along??? I'll be at Crystal park early Saturday morning... Gotta leave at 11am... Going to a wedding at 1pm... See you at the track

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:11 AM   #170
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
Data... How is my G4 Steering experiment coming along??? I'll be at Crystal park early Saturday morning... Gotta leave at 11am... Going to a wedding at 1pm... See you at the track

RC_Alan
should be ready by next saturday, very good chance that the modification will work.

i will be at cp in the afternoon this saturday, guess i have to meet you next saturday. but if you need the car back, i can swing by cp on sunday. i have another g4 i can play with.

btw, i clean up your engine a little bit, hope you don't mind.

data
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:14 AM   #171
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Angry R-Spec

Man, the things are already out of stock at Tower! I guess I'll have to wait till they get the next batch in to get mine.

Considering Towerhobbies/GreatPlanes is THE only place in the states to order OS engines, one would think that there would have been more of them to go around.

O'well....next batch I guess, I just hope they come in soon.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:39 AM   #172
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Data!!! I can wait til next Saturday when the car is ready... Did you keep it stock or did you try the Mugen steering system in the G4??? You know how fast my Top TS3 was... Well, I pinch the sleeve to much becasue of lost compression and now the piston and sleeve is no good... Over pinched... I got bad advice while doing the pinch... I had to fork out and got an RB v-12... Really... And I mean I really didn't have the money for a new motor either... You know, I'm not happy... I'll be breaking in that motor Friday afternoon and Saturday morning... When I'm through with it... It'll be faster then the TS3.. That top was still new... I tried every hobby shop for a piston and sleeve... Speed Tech, Elite, Micro RC and Ultimate hobbies for a piston and sleeve for that Top motor... I would have even brought a MR-12 piston and sleeve.. All the shops are out of them for the next couple of weeks.... Even a used MR-12 piston and sleeve would have worked... I have a sleeve pincher now... I just have to pinch my sleeve correctly for now on... Thanks again Data... I trust your work and appreciate all your help!!! You touched up the Rossi Pixy too... Man you're great!!! How can I repay you Data?? I know that steering work on that G4 is not easy...Let me know and I'll see you at the track. Sorry guys... I know this is OS motor thread...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:03 AM   #173
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
just come to the track. we will take care of you except the membership thing.
ok, I will see about tommorow. I have everything ready but the engine. If I come tommorow it will be 1pm.

I didn't do the 24t conversion, all I did was change the pinions from 16/20 to 18/22. My spurs will still stay the same. Don't worry, before i did this I actually did this on paper first.

The engine should get shipped out to me next week, and i might get it next week.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:41 PM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

so what engine did big dog get? was it a mistake? where did you get it dog? is that what you got when you ordered from tower? hm a lot of Q's....
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 07:58 PM   #175
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Tally- I got it from a fellow in Cali. I'm assuming he bought the car w/new motor from someone in Europe or someone that got the motor from Europe. I didn't ask. He postsed it here on rctech for sale thread. I'm friends with Ron Atomic who is sponsored by OS. He's been running the R-spec for a couple months now. He and his motor tuner have been working on the cranks pretty intensely trying to find the perfect "grind". Ron has run at almost every big nitro race lately with his Kyosho and nobody really has anything for him on HP. He was telling me when they were at Revelation he would pull Barry a little entering the straight but Barry would make up the difference by the end. The R-spec has a ton of low end torque which would explain that...

I'll let you know more when I get it. Although, it's headed straight to Ron for modding. I'm not sure is Ron's motor guy wants to do motors for other people but if anybody wants I'll ask.

Last edited by BigDogRacing; 07-16-2004 at 08:04 PM.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:03 PM   #176
Tech Elite

any word on how it runs stock without mods?
Old 07-16-2004, 09:57 PM   #177
Tech Addict

Data I won't be in crystal tommorow, sorry. So that means I will mostly come next Saturday, I might have the motor next Saturday.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:22 AM   #178
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I saw Ron Atomic's car at Revelation Raceway. The motor really caught my eye so I am picking one up to try. I have a friend who is also running the 5 port engine with a 3 port modified sleeve and it is just as fast as a novarossi. From what Ron told me the R-spec is just the better carb(from the 5-port), turbo button and revised crank timing.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 02:19 PM   #179
Tech Elite

nevermind then. i don't want to have to mod it
Old 07-18-2004, 10:30 PM   #180
STi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
From what Ron told me the R-spec is just the better carb(from the 5-port), turbo button and revised crank timing.
The TR-R carb looks exactly like TR-T's though. And the TR-T is also a tubo motor isn't it? Or does the TR-R have a different button?

Does anyone actually have the engine yet? Does it have the black crank case? or all silver?

There is so little detail on this engine even though it is already out. The OS product manager, whoever it is, needs to work harder to push their products.

Anyone who already has it or will have it soon, please take it apart and show us some pics.
STi is offline   Reply With Quote