R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-11-2005, 06:47 PM   #706
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: R3 High & Low Setting

Quote:
Originally posted by YR4Dude
Hi,............................................... ..............

One last thing, at the start of this thread you show a prototype motor with an alum. carb. The motor I received had a composite carb which is okay because STS motors usually come with composite carb. Was this done as a cost cutting measure? Did you originally specified an alum. carb for any performance advantages? If I were to swap the alum. carb from a Novarossi or MT12 would I get any advantages or would I mess up the motors performance? Please advise.

Thanks.
On the contrary, a composite carb has an advantage over an aluminum one, it doesn't allow the fuel to evaporate and minimizes flame outs during hard racing. Sirios', Collari's, Picco's, Mega's and RB Rody tuned engines come with composite carbs also. It is an advantage now a days.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:35 AM   #707
Tech Apprentice

Motorman you have PM
RB_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:09 AM   #708
Tech Adept

Hey Dennis,
Long time no see, looks like the car business is really taking off for you.. ya still doing any boating?? How's Blain doing??

Jeff Keeton
jkeeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #709
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BBntc3: best wishes

JAG: were getting good feedback on the motor. weve had a few teething pains and a couple warranty claims but generally all is good. Hope you like it.

YR4DUDE: The picture on the proto is of the long rod engine, even if it eventually comes it will have a composite alumunium steel plastic carb. we have had no issues.

JAG: we set them plenty rich for safty reasons. we figure if your buying a competition motor you should have no issues tuning it in. For people who are not that type I would recommend an OS

RB: I will get to all the PM's tomorrow.

JKEETON:
Long time no talk. where you at and what you doing. I been in this car thing a while now and its busy.

SWEN: Its not that I dont want to do that crank but I'm no longer working Novarossi anything for obvious reasons. Its also a time thing. Being the Team Manager for RD Logics keeps me buried. Contact Uriah Murnan (aka Grinder) I am sure he can set you up with a crank rework for that engine that will be very close to what I would do.

Sorry Its been so long guys. I have been checking in from time to time. However it seems a little dead at the moment.

Last edited by Motorman; 01-12-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:00 PM   #710
Tech Master

Now where have I been since christmas. well I was out of town a couple weeks and I have been in the shop finishing this. I've been dragging my feet two years on this deal. I guess Brian at RCX gave me the motivation to finish it after seeing theirs. Ironically I had my design done a couple years ago and it was astonishingly close to theirs but after seeing theirs I made a few changes as he had come up with a simpler setup using more premade stuff than I had intended to use.

Time to get down to business
Richey Racing Dyno
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0071.jpg (131.6 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by Motorman; 01-12-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:01 PM   #711
Tech Master

2 I will be classifying all our pipes and doing new engine development on the R3 and other engines to bring them to the next level.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0069.jpg (117.1 KB, 270 views)
Old 01-12-2005, 09:18 PM   #712
Nitro Tech

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
Now where have I been since christmas. well I was out of town a couple weeks and I have been in the shop finishing this. I've been dragging my feet two years on this deal. I guess Brian at RCX gave me the motivation to finish it after seeing theirs. Ironically I had my design done a couple years ago and it was astonishingly close to theirs but after seeing theirs I made a few changes as he had come up with a simpler setup using more premade stuff than I had intended to use.

Time to get down to business
Richey Racing Dyno
Excellent! ...Orz...
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:18 PM   #713
Tech Addict

Default dyno

cool!
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #714
Tech Master

Only major issue is HOLY SMOKES DAMN ITS LOUD. ( HUH?? WHAT DID YOU SAY ?? ROD BUSHING CAME OUT THE PIPE !!) And I've only spooled a 12 so far. A 21 oughta just drive me right out of the shop. The Neighbors are gonna love me LOL
Old 01-12-2005, 09:38 PM   #715
Nitro Tech

When I test engine in our factory. The Neighbors are friendly. They give me free eggs. You will use to get that.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:38 PM   #716
Tech Addict

Default dyno

send the wife and kids to the mall and fire it up rite on the table and crank the sterero up full and rock and roll!!lol
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:52 PM   #717
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply Dennis, I completely understand your position. I did find someone to do the crank for me.

The question I have for you is when will the R3's be available with threaded cranks?

Jon
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:41 AM   #718
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
Only major issue is HOLY SMOKES DAMN ITS LOUD. ( HUH?? WHAT DID YOU SAY ?? ROD BUSHING CAME OUT THE PIPE !!) And I've only spooled a 12 so far. A 21 oughta just drive me right out of the shop. The Neighbors are gonna love me LOL
Motorman, you got PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:45 AM   #719
Tech Regular

Hello Dennis,
I have just received a couple of your motors and I am wondering how they will go in a Stadium Truck. I have worked out a way to put an SG crank motor into a MST . The biggest issue is fuel economy rather than power, we have to make 10 minutes. We are going to try it out next week and I will let you know how it goes.

Regards Brad.
Qlder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:22 PM   #720
Tech Apprentice

Motorman:

I am hoping you have just been really busy an not had time to get to my PM. I am looking forward to getting a response from you soon.

Thanks,

RR

Last edited by RB_Racer; 01-19-2005 at 03:17 AM.
RB_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote