R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #2236
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Great. Now let's hope that Robitronic will bring the entire program to Europe and not just the Monstertruck engines
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #2237
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'm back from the Speedline GP and it was a lot of fun!! I qualified 2nd, 3seconds behind Ron Atomic. Unfortunately I had some problems in the Amain that kept me in the back of the pack finishing 8th. But I shared fast laps with Ron around .4sec. faster than the rest showing the power of the PR12. Even after 5 gallons of fuel it's still ballistic. The strong bottom and mid was very useful on the somewhat tight infield. Thanks Eduard for the awesome engine!!!
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:53 AM   #2238
Tech Elite
 
Piyo Piyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Jakarta - INDONESIA
Posts: 3,051
Default

On last race, I run BRB P/S on JP FX-12 3port case and crankshaft. The top speed is very nice, not losing to new JPs.
The trouble is I losed 5 plugs during the heats. New plugs are put before heats, but it seems to lose it power after 2 minutes running and I'm losing the bottom-end power.
I'm using 0.5mm clearance below the underhead, with 25% O'donnel and Nova C7Tc plugs. Engine temp is around 115 deg C to 125 deg C. At last I use Nova C7Tf and it last for the 30mins final. But the plug's power seems to become weaker after 20mins run.
Any suggestions to solve this problem? Should I add another 0.1mm shim below the underhead?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
__________________
VIOLA ARIELLE & FLOREN ISABELLE
Piyo Piyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #2239
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyo Piyo
On last race, I run BRB P/S on JP FX-12 3port case and crankshaft. The top speed is very nice, not losing to new JPs.
The trouble is I losed 5 plugs during the heats. New plugs are put before heats, but it seems to lose it power after 2 minutes running and I'm losing the bottom-end power.
I'm using 0.5mm clearance below the underhead, with 25% O'donnel and Nova C7Tc plugs. Engine temp is around 115 deg C to 125 deg C. At last I use Nova C7Tf and it last for the 30mins final. But the plug's power seems to become weaker after 20mins run.
Any suggestions to solve this problem? Should I add another 0.1mm shim below the underhead?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Piyo Piyo. First of all you have very nice pic on your avatar.
Now about glow plugs. Can you describe how plugs goes off. 0.5 mm shimming is pretty big. Problem may be not in shimming, also can be in pipe as well (lenght). What pipe are you using? Our starting point for shimming is 0.4 mm. I recomend use Skyline VR12 pipe or Novarossi 2601.
Edward
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #2240
Tech Elite
 
Piyo Piyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Jakarta - INDONESIA
Posts: 3,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN
Hi Piyo Piyo. First of all you have very nice pic on your avatar.
Now about glow plugs. Can you describe how plugs goes off. 0.5 mm shimming is pretty big. Problem may be not in shimming, also can be in pipe as well (lenght). What pipe are you using? Our starting point for shimming is 0.4 mm. I recomend use Skyline VR12 pipe or Novarossi 2601.
Edward
Thanks for your reply Edward.
On first heat, I used new plug C7tc everything goes well until the heat's 3rd minute. I lost my bottom end very bad. The plug goes off as soon as the engine stop after the heat.
On 2nd heat, I lost 2nd C7tc plug at warm up, I changed it again just before start. Also it goes off after the heat.
On 3rd heat, I use new C7tc again, but after three minutes run, the plug goes off again. I lost the heat.
On final, I borrow new C7Tf (colder one) from my friend. I finished the final in 2nd place but it seems that I lost the bottom end at the last part of the final.

I used Novarossi 51607 (Turbo 6mm) with JP Conicle 7-fin manifold, which make it more longer in total than the standard one.
Do you think this is the problem?
Thanks.
__________________
VIOLA ARIELLE & FLOREN ISABELLE
Piyo Piyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #2241
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Piyo Piyo, if I may suggest something, try measuring the head clearance with a piece of solder. I find in Texas that .71mm to .76mm (or .028 to .030") is a good number for 30% nitro. That's usually .4mm thick head shims. I do not normally run 25% but I start on the high side to help keep from detonating.

You mentioned "I'm using 0.5mm clearance below the underhead". Does this mean .5mm head shim thickness? or .5mm head clearance? if .5mm head clearance, your shims are around .3mm which is probably too much compression. If you blow plugs like you describe, then it is probably detonating from overcompression.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #2242
Tech Elite
 
Piyo Piyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Jakarta - INDONESIA
Posts: 3,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge
Piyo Piyo, if I may suggest something, try measuring the head clearance with a piece of solder. I find in Texas that .71mm to .76mm (or .028 to .030") is a good number for 30% nitro. That's usually .4mm thick head shims. I do not normally run 25% but I start on the high side to help keep from detonating.

You mentioned "I'm using 0.5mm clearance below the underhead". Does this mean .5mm head shim thickness? or .5mm head clearance? if .5mm head clearance, your shims are around .3mm which is probably too much compression. If you blow plugs like you describe, then it is probably detonating from overcompression.
Hi Surge, thanks for your tips.
I use 0.5mm head shim thickness. Thanks.
__________________
VIOLA ARIELLE & FLOREN ISABELLE
Piyo Piyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:26 AM   #2243
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyo Piyo
Hi Surge, thanks for your tips.
I use 0.5mm head shim thickness. Thanks.
So, how is filament on glow plug looks like-is it disintigrated or pushed in/out? Do top of the piston and head buttomn looks like sand blasted?
Pipe is not a problem.
Edward
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:28 AM   #2244
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Congratulation to Chris Steele winning 1st round of Irish nationals with using on his motor BRB P/L set. Also congratulation to Cambel Wade getting 3rd palce using BRB p/l set on his Novarossi motor.
Edward
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #2245
Tech Master
 
tl2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Love 1/8th
Posts: 1,561
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default

Edward have u got my email yet??
__________________
*Tourer**Futaba***SpeedPassion
*F1**4PX***TORO
*12th**4PX***TORO
*8th**4PX***OS Speed XZ-R
*10th**4PX***OS Speed XZ
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:01 AM   #2246
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl2111
Edward have u got my email yet??
Hi Tommy.
I got everything and everything by schedule as we speak before.
Edward
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:37 PM   #2247
Tech Elite
 
Piyo Piyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Jakarta - INDONESIA
Posts: 3,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN
So, how is filament on glow plug looks like-is it disintigrated or pushed in/out? Do top of the piston and head buttomn looks like sand blasted?
Pipe is not a problem.
Edward
Hi Edward,

For some of the plug, the filament disintegrated and pushed inside the plug. The filament color still fine.
Thanks
__________________
VIOLA ARIELLE & FLOREN ISABELLE
Piyo Piyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:07 AM   #2248
Tech Champion
 
MAVICXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: KL
Posts: 6,398
Default

sorry to enterframe,just would like to know is there anybody use BRB or palmaris engine for this coming ifmar or previous?hows the result?

heard bout the BRB wil totally nice in JPFX crankcase,is it right?
MAVICXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:10 AM   #2249
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVICXXX
sorry to enterframe,just would like to know is there anybody use BRB or palmaris engine for this coming ifmar or previous?hows the result?

heard bout the BRB wil totally nice in JPFX crankcase,is it right?
I think you can ask piyo piyo.... he is using berrylium in JP FX3.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:22 AM   #2250
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVICXXX
sorry to enterframe,just would like to know is there anybody use BRB or palmaris engine for this coming ifmar or previous?hows the result?

heard bout the BRB wil totally nice in JPFX crankcase,is it right?
Gerald is using the BRB in his JPFX, Sydney had it in a Max crankcase, it's totally nice...
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Palmaris PR12 .12 1/10 touring car engine boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-29-2007 09:28 AM
Palmaris Racing EdwardN Monster Trucks 0 11-26-2006 08:56 AM
Palmaris Racing EdwardN Electric Off-Road 0 11-26-2006 08:48 AM
Palmaris PS12 engine for sale boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 08-10-2005 09:05 AM
Palmaris PS12 for sale boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-16-2005 06:15 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:05 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net