R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 10-23-2005, 07:28 AM   #2011
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
Edward, when you tested the BI metal and BRB in a JP crankcase, was it the team or the regular case. Is it with ceramic bearing?
Hi Chris.
We tested back to back in the same cranckcase. It was JP FX T03 full option with ceramic bearings. We run first Bi-metal, then replaced P/L set to BRB and run it again. The time between runs was no mre then 10 minuts.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:15 AM   #2012
afm
Tech Master

Congratulations ED

As you said wooooow!!! way to go.

Who makes HA pipe used on all tests??

Did Cesar contacted you about P/S kits??

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:16 AM   #2013
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Congratulations ED

As you said wooooow!!! way to go.

Who makes HA pipe used on all tests??

Did Cesar contacted you about P/S kits??

AFM
Hi AFM.
Thanks a lot.
It was really "woooooooooooow" After we made first run and saw results on screen of PC, all of us (4 people) just couldn't say a word for while ( it was .95 HP on first run) then we lean engine further and it goes to .99 HP, then another hour leaner-here is "broken" line of 1.00 HP. We try lean furhter, but power start goinjg away.
About HA pipe, it made I guess somewhere in Europe. I recived that pipe from Geoff Catchpole for testing. It is pretty short pipe and looks pretty similar to Yokomo Mielke. But please remember we run banch of pipes, including RB X12, RD Logics Turbo II, Skyline VR12 and HA.
I will put them in following order from power point of view:
HA, Skyline, RB, Rd Logics.
From point of view when motors reach it max HP and torq will be as follow:
Skyline, HA, RB and Rd logics Turbo II.
Now how much difference between HA and Skyline VR12-just .05 HP which in our case was 5 %, but because Skyline is longer it reaches it max about 2000 RPM earlier. So if you ask me which pipe I prefered-answer is Skyline for short and medium tracks and for high speed long tracks HA. With Skyline pipe it will be slightly easier to tune engine (gearing and needls), but if you are very good on tunning and need 5% more power it is HA.
About sets, please contact to Edgar Milenuim-he is taking care of South and Central Americas and I am sure he will be very helpfull with that.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:44 PM   #2014
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gun 777
Hi AFM. About sets, please contact to Edgar Milenuim-he is taking care of South and Central Americas and I am sure he will be very helpfull with that.
Edward
Thanks Ed, where do we contact Edgard Milenium?? At Palmaris?? Do you have his e-mail??

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #2015
Tech Adept

Default HA pipe

Hello Ed,

I have been running the HA pipe and manifold for about 6 month now. I mentioned to you before but have not got round of taking photos for you !!!

Never the less, the pipe manifold combo is very efficient and powerful....found that i have to lean the LSN about 2.5 turns compared to a nova rossi pipe, coz the bottom end would bog down if the same setting was used as nova rossi. Serious bottom end and the engine rev forever...power power !!!!

This pipe/manifold will work will produce alot of power with BRB set in a nova based crankcase, same with the megapicco engine. However, i was doing some testing with a standard 5 ports turbo nova rossi today.....the bottom end was not there .......maybe Ed you can shed some light on this !!! Switched back to a nova rossi turbo pipe it was ok, but not quick as a BRB combo

Oh forgot to mention the pipe/manifold is EFRA legal !!! It produce more power than any outlaw pipe/manifold combo

P.S Ed did you get PM from me....also Ed do some of your work on this pipe and make the your P/S set and engine more powerful please !!!!!

cya

philip
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #2016
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Thanks Ed, where do we contact Edgard Milenium?? At Palmaris?? Do you have his e-mail??

AFM
Hi AFM.
Send email to him to this [email protected] and he will respond right away.
Edward
Old 10-23-2005, 03:12 PM   #2017
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme888
Hello Ed,

I have been running the HA pipe and manifold for about 6 month now. I mentioned to you before but have not got round of taking photos for you !!!

Never the less, the pipe manifold combo is very efficient and powerful....found that i have to lean the LSN about 2.5 turns compared to a nova rossi pipe, coz the bottom end would bog down if the same setting was used as nova rossi. Serious bottom end and the engine rev forever...power power !!!!

This pipe/manifold will work will produce alot of power with BRB set in a nova based crankcase, same with the megapicco engine. However, i was doing some testing with a standard 5 ports turbo nova rossi today.....the bottom end was not there .......maybe Ed you can shed some light on this !!! Switched back to a nova rossi turbo pipe it was ok, but not quick as a BRB combo

Oh forgot to mention the pipe/manifold is EFRA legal !!! It produce more power than any outlaw pipe/manifold combo

P.S Ed did you get PM from me....also Ed do some of your work on this pipe and make the your P/S set and engine more powerful please !!!!!

cya

philip
Hi Phillip.
We were discausing yeysterday about his pipe and in our opinion, if this pipe will be longer 5 mm (not a manifold, firts conical) it will move power band to earlier max HP reach. I don't have time for this, but as I know Brian Kiney is preparing his own design pipe which was very close on Dyno yesterday. I can't talk about it now and if Brian wants to he will show and explane his work, just to say it was awsome-pipe is totaly adjustable.
I got PM from you Phillip and already answer on it-please check your inbox.
Yes it is EFRA legal-it says on it and there is number, but again, to tune cluthc with dissent power engine will be pretty tricky, Skyline will be much easier. HA pipe required right engine to it.
Edward
Old 10-24-2005, 01:11 AM   #2018
Tech Fanatic

Guys, can you please post picture of the HA pipe. Like to give it a try.

I will try the Skyline pipe (6mm and 5mm) this week and will post result compare to the New HEC pipe.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:31 AM   #2019
Tech Fanatic

Default Palmaris Racing HK great result

Great result for Palmaris Racing HK again.

3rd round Kyosho cup 1/8 , A main 2nd Place (960) & B main 1st (MRX4)

4th Serpent Cup 1/8, A main 3rd place (950) & B main 1st(960)
4th Serpent Cup 1/10 touring, A main 2nd place(710) & 5th.(710)

Last edited by kitracer; 10-24-2005 at 06:38 PM.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:55 AM   #2020
Tech Adept

Default skyline pipe

Hi Chris,

How are you ?

Skyline pipe/manifold, where did you get it from in HK coz ithinking of trying one !!!

Cheers

philip
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #2021
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme888
Hi Chris,

How are you ?

Skyline pipe/manifold, where did you get it from in HK coz ithinking of trying one !!!

Cheers

philip
Got it from Man Lee in Mong Kok, if you need their contact, PM me.
tks
Chris
Old 10-24-2005, 11:19 AM   #2022
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
Great result for Palmaris Racing HK again.

3rd round Kyosho cup 1/8 , A main 2nd Place (960) & B main 1st (MRX4)

4th Serpent Cup 1/8, A main 3rd place (950) & B main 1st(960)
4th Serpent Cup 1/10 touring, A main 2nd place(710) & 4th.(710)
Hi Chris.
Can you please give me the names of these guys. We need to start making our statistic.

Edward
Old 10-25-2005, 04:11 AM   #2023
Tech Addict

Hey everyone.

About those pipes... HA is made by Mielke, I originally thought it shares the same EFRA-number as the original Mielke but this is not the case! So, the HA-pipe is slightly different to a Mielke. The normal Mielke has very little torque, never liked it's powerband (this was for LRP engines). Can't comment on the HA-version tough.
Mielke makes pipes for many manufacturers, the same designs can always be recognised by the identical EFRA-number.

HA stands for "Habbecke", which is a fairly well known engine tuner in Germany. It's the father of Mugen-Germany employee/teammanager/driver Stefan Habbecke.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:20 AM   #2024
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Reto,

have you tried the Mielke 2501 with the long conical header?

Makes awesome power with my engines.

With the short header it does not have a lot of torque, that's right.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:23 AM   #2025
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito
Hey everyone.

About those pipes... HA is made by Mielke, I originally thought it shares the same EFRA-number as the original Mielke but this is not the case! So, the HA-pipe is slightly different to a Mielke. The normal Mielke has very little torque, never liked it's powerband (this was for LRP engines). Can't comment on the HA-version tough.
Mielke makes pipes for many manufacturers, the same designs can always be recognised by the identical EFRA-number.

HA stands for "Habbecke", which is a fairly well known engine tuner in Germany. It's the father of Mugen-Germany employee/teammanager/driver Stefan Habbecke.
Hi Reto.
Thanks a lot for info.
It is really look like Mielki, but something is different-I am not talking about design, I am talking about manufacturing process. It seems very clearly that Al alloy they use is harder type, and surface finish is defenetly different. HA seems like made on lathe, welding is different. So do you have any "lights" on that?