R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-05-2005, 03:33 AM   #1516
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Just home from our last national round at the weekend.

Palmaris Racing did not too bad with 2 team drivers finishing in the Top 10 and another in the B Main.

Want to congratulate my sponsor driver Chris Steele for a demonstration race showing the true capabilities of the BRB sets. He qualified 10th due to bad grip roll and by the end of the first couple of laps was running comfortably in second place behind Mark Green (Serpent Team driver) until the throttle servo gears mangled with 6mins to go.

Mark Green ran a really good race and just seemed to have the car totally dialled in to handle better through the traction rolling giving him that vital edge but it was clear that if the Palmaris Team drivers had got the car better dialled in they would have been unbeatable.

Looking forward to the next race in a few weeks time and should hopefully have the cars dialled better to the track.
Nice!
I got more result in from the Kyosho cup on Sunday too.

On the 21, one of the BRB user Finished 4th in the A main.
He never raced 1/8 before and to have that result, I think is really good. He put the BRB on a NovaMax crankcase. 0.8mm shims, TF7 plug , 30% odonnel fuel.

Some say he was luck because only 6 car finished the race but too bad the other 4 could not finish with some engine or radio problems.

kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:02 AM   #1517
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb

congradulations to all the good resullts and hopefully my first 8th scale outing this weekend at ft myers could be as pruductive as those, just getting my new rb c5 from Edward, i know that i will have no problem keeping up, just hopeing that i can get used to the speed and power very quickly ( i love this track though) www.forgass.com hopefully the traction won't be as bad as it was at the winternats. good luck to all
talk to you later with results Peter
Old 04-05-2005, 05:53 AM   #1518
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Hi

Just back from Mendip running the BRB. I was using 0.4mm head clearance and the temp was around 220F The exhaust was not really up to the job and this might explain what I found.

Firstly the low end torque was not as expected and the fuel economy was terrible! I only just made 5 mins and in the 10 min final the second tank only lasted 4:30.

We already figured this out with one of your other posts regarding needles. 2.5turns out on bottom is too much.

Quote:
The revs were high and I was one of the fastest on the straight
High idle rev will drink fuel really fast also. not sure if you heard our engines but they were ticking over really slow.

Quote:
I will get a better exhaust and see if this helps. I was leaning out the low end but found the car stalling. I thought it was the engine but later found the receiver dead so it was the fail safe cutting in. Maybe the low end needs leaning
The low end definately needs leaning

Quote:
There were a few other BRB sets on the track and they were not suffering like i was. My piston set is No 24.

Any suggestions?
Hand me a screwdriver and say tune it when you see me at halifax . Always got time for other people even if they arent running my products.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:55 AM   #1519
Tech Adept

P E,

Hi, how are you. Info about JP could be wrong that do not like low nitro content.

Cya

Philip
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #1520
Tech Adept

Default Ed

HI Ed,

YGPM.......
Old 04-05-2005, 09:04 AM   #1521
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: Re: To Dino

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer
O NO!!! Is he your sponsored driver..... I am going to get into trouble...

Don't worry, I will stop him from using something else for you... hehe
Are you sure?

"I will stop him from using something else for you"
I see! He is using STS engine;STS pipe...; We don't have something else,too. lol...
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #1522
Tech Adept

Default Kitracer

Hi,

YGPM.....

philip
Old 04-05-2005, 10:37 AM   #1523
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: To Dino

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Hehehe....Ed
That is our sponsored racer.
STS engine & STS pipe.
No, Dino. Unfortunately for you, it is only heat sink and pipe is STS, it is Novarossi engine with BRB set in it, but any way, your heat sink was working really good-Congratulation!!!!!
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:26 AM   #1524
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
No, Dino. Unfortunately for you, it is only heat sink and pipe is STS, it is Novarossi engine with BRB set in it, but any way, your heat sink was working really good-Congratulation!!!!!
Edward
Edward, let us clarify this. before sts provided the sponsorship to this driver, he did purchase BRB. Our driver has been using STS 1 1/2 months from now and he has been very satisfied with the engine performance. Besides, our driver has been actively promoting STS engine since we offer the sponsorship. Your claim is not valid in this case, sorry Edward.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:03 PM   #1525
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Edward

..TG you are the best ..BRB set ..WOW

In Italy we use the SPQR set in our STS ..
pino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #1526
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: To Dino

I was asked to moddify my post in order to be good neigbor. I am gladly do it.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 04-06-2005 at 08:55 AM.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:41 PM   #1527
Tech Fanatic

guys,.... you both got PM.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:29 PM   #1528
Tech Master

Each claiming credit for it.....maybe the driver himself should post something here
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:24 PM   #1529
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by BundyMan
Each claiming credit for it.....maybe the driver himself should post something here
Eh, why worry? You're not sponsored by STS in any way are you?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:58 PM   #1530
Tech Master

I am not worried, just curious as the rest of the community whether it was a BRB powered engine or a stock STS engine that did so well. SO, what's the truth out there???
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote