Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NovaMax

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD

I'll try and run the engine with the given insert and see the performance difference.

Hey, what's your mileage on the Max engine? Pipe model (length), fuel, number of shims, plug number info would be useful. Thanks.
D, the old one has 6mm venturi, and the new is 5.4mm. Both is powerfull fuel sucker but the 3port(new) is better top end.

Big Flowing Track : 6/7TF, .3 shim head, 8" press line, 6mm venturi, 4.5 final gear, NRS-52224(EFRA pipe) it makes 5.17 min. With 110-120 deg.C

Small Technical Track : 7TF, .3 shim head, 6" press line, 6mm venturi, 4.8 final gear, NRS-52607 it makes (just) 6.00 min. With 100-110 deg.C
Old 02-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by GoldFinger
D, the old one has 6mm venturi, and the new is 5.4mm. Both is powerfull fuel sucker but the 3port(new) is better top end.
Thanks for the info bro. The 3 port NovaMax has better top end?

Yes, I just checked the insert on my NovaMax and it has the 6 mm insert. The other insert which I have is from the NovaMega MS engine. That one printed 5.4 mm on the insert but in reality, it measured only 5.2 mm.

Well, I think I'll try out both and see the difference in power versus tire wear.

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Big Flowing Track : 6/7TF, .3 shim head, 8" press line, 6mm venturi, 4.5 final gear, NRS-52224(EFRA pipe) it makes 5.17 min. With 110-120 deg.C

Small Technical Track : 7TF, .3 shim head, 6" press line, 6mm venturi, 4.8 final gear, NRS-52607 it makes (just) 6.00 min. With 100-110 deg.C
As usual, thanks for the accurate info Goldfinger ! What fuel is this? Percent nitro? I assume all of them were run with the insert?

What are the needle settings for the above, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info bro. The 3 port NovaMax has better top end?
Yup! I think 1 oil pit/groove should means something. The old one have 2 groove in piston

That one printed 5.4 mm on the insert but in reality, it measured only 5.2 mm.
Same here .. ha ha ha .. I believe it was the white one and coming from 2104TMS ??

As usual, thanks for the accurate info Goldfinger ! What fuel is this? Percent nitro? I assume all of them were run with the insert?

What are the needle settings for the above, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.
Byron 16%, insert? yes.. 6mm venturi.
Bit lean in bottom. My driving style is quite smooth (that what my partner says) and I will hold the trigger as much as I can when cornering. That is why i tune my bottom to mid range bit lean so the engine wont goes whroooo.
(Im feeling that you were testing me ?? )
This is a quick check, after top and bottom needle all set. Change the spray bar position (together with low needle) untill your car
can goes Weeeeee (constantly) when you put 10-15% trigger on track. In starter box, when you squeze the triger slowly till max the engine should respond proportionally without any hesitation, especially in mid-range.

Quite hard work to do but believe me! it will pays off in your lap times.
1 more thing, you cannot use an aggresive clutch setup with this kind of engine setup.

Hope this will you bro

Oh ya, me and Pyramid is working alot to put a ball bearing between diff pulley and axle. I will post the result.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Ravi Nair
have any of you guys tried runnng ts engine without
the venturi. is there any different in performance.
Managed to see the how well ts engine performed. I ran my
engine yesterday w/o the venturi and it was "flying" on the straits. I persoanlly feel it's much easier to tune the engine w/o the venturi.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default novamaz 5 ports

Hiya there....

Sound like a silly question, i am thinking of buying a novamax 5 ports, but can anyone tell me will this more powerful than a nova rossi rr12l5 or the nsr 5 ports. The reason is that i haven`t seen one run in the UK yet.

I am running a rr12l5, and this engine is vey quick. I am looking for more power.

Could anybody tell me from experiences how the nova max 5 ports run, i.e, any more torque or power compared with a rody 5 port or the jp etc etc.

thanks
Old 03-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

The Max 5 Ports should be faster than any standard Nova Rossi 12 engines. I have only use the .21 engines, it is probably the fastest engine out there so far.

For the American in this forum. May I ask where you get your Max engine from?
Old 03-05-2004, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

does anybody know a website which sells novamax engines?????????????????????????
Old 03-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
does anybody know a website which sells novamax engines?????????????????????????
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/advanc...ort=1a&&page=3
Old 03-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think www.rc-mushroom.com sells Novamaxx engines?
Old 03-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've seen the performance on these Novamax engines 3 ports & 5 ports and I must say they're pretty damn fast. I was wondering for those who have been running this have you guys had any problems with it? I just wanna find out as much as I can about this motor before I purchase one for my sedan.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-06-2004, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by 2fast4ya
I've seen the performance on these Novamax engines 3 ports & 5 ports and I must say they're pretty damn fast. I was wondering for those who have been running this have you guys had any problems with it? I just wanna find out as much as I can about this motor before I purchase one for my sedan.

Thanks in advance
My problem is that this engine is too fast for MY control ability. seriously, this engine has the power in any range whether in torque & top speed.
One more thing, after like 3 1/2 litres, the pistion/sleeve is still tight. Even my 14.4V starterbox sometimes can't turn the flywheel
Get it...the new one Max S5(based on NSR)...mine the Max P5(old)
Old 03-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

MX21 MAX MF AAC has landed in HK! Have not fired it up yet. Porting is different. 2 more exhaust ports compares to the ABC version. Same high standard you would expect from a MAX. Polished exhaust ...etc.

Don't know if it will last as long as the ABC version though...
Old 03-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Slooookomo,

Where did you get the new Max from in HK. Do you have a www address for them ?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

rc mushroom does not has it up on their site yet. I am sure they can get them. If not try Harmony in HK.

You are in Eurpoe, I thought it would be easy to find MAX there. Where do you get your MAX from?
Old 03-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by slooookomo
MX21 MAX MF AAC has landed in HK! Have not fired it up yet. Porting is different. 2 more exhaust ports compares to the ABC version. Same high standard you would expect from a MAX. Polished exhaust ...etc.

Don't know if it will last as long as the ABC version though...
Durability is one thing I want to find out from AAC vs ABC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.