Like Tree162Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 06-09-2021, 09:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Concentrate
last question. is there a certain kind? all the videos told me to use IAT anti freeze, which is the old stuff and mix 50/50 with water.
the newer antifreeze is for OEM or something, theres also brands that support all version of antifreeze.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kartarish View Post
last question. is there a certain kind? all the videos told me to use IAT anti freeze, which is the old stuff and mix 50/50 with water.
the newer antifreeze is for OEM or something, theres also brands that support all version of antifreeze.
I am in Australia so may be different... but this is what i have been using successfully.

jtrmx250 likes this.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Hello!

I am getting back into nitro this summer, and will be running my Inferno GT2 cars for some parking lot racing.

Absolutehobbyz has a great deal on the Novarossi Top Elite .21 9 port on-road motors ($240/unit), and I was planning on picking one up to try this season.
  • Does anyone have experience with this motor?
  • If so, what off-road pipe combo will work best?

I've got an Ofna 086 pipe that I run on all motors, will this suffice?.. or am I in danger of damaging the motor with this pipe combo?

Any advice is helpful.

Thank you!
I still use an 086 pipe on my 9 port Nova motors and they have worked great. Downside is that its not a 3-chamber pipe so it will be much louder and cannot be used in races.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kartarish View Post
Use something for aluminium engine blocks. I've always used G12 or G12++ (Volkswagen standard).

Andreas
Old 06-10-2021, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Glutton View Post
I still use an 086 pipe on my 9 port Nova motors and they have worked great. Downside is that its not a 3-chamber pipe so it will be much louder and cannot be used in races.
Thanks for your response!

Great news about the 086 pipe on a 9 port!

AbsoluteHobbyz just dropped their prices (57% off) on their remaining Novas so I ended up purchasing a Mito 9port and Mephisto GT5.

Thanks again!
illmatic94 likes this.