Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STS engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by spenzalii
OK, I get the idea of using tooth paste as a polish, but exactly how you're saying to do it escapes me. Do I rub the paste on the piston and sleve seperately with a cloth, or put some paste between the two and move them up and down, rotating the piston as I simulate the stroke of the engine (and I know that didn't sound right...)?
put some paste between the two and move them up and down, rotating the piston as I simulate the stroke of the engine ...
Old 03-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: STS - Italy did a good job on 16/02/2004

Hey Dino
How many engines do we need to buy or what races do we need to win to get those cool STS Jackets and Beenies heheheheheh

Originally posted by dino.tw
Congrats to Pino(STS-Italy)!
Won 2nd and 3rd places on 16/02/2004.(Total 47 entries)

Top 3 racer:
1.Raiola Carmine Nova/MTX3
2.Spiniello Mario STS/G4
3.De Paschal Antonio STS/G4

STS ROCKS IN ITALY!!!

Data source: http://www.truemodel.com/mod.php?mod...ge&page_id=426

English translation here!
Old 03-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AAAAHHHHRRRRGGGGGGG

Now Look What They've Done!

My choices have just got that much more difficult...

OK, All things being equal, I can get either the D5 or the EVo2 at the same price (pretty much). The mod, if I so choose, is about teh same on either one. The rebuild, on the other hand, is WAY cheaper for the stock D5.

So here's the million dollar question: Which is the more powerful of the two? I hear the sirio is rated somewhere at 1.6hp (which means very little, I know), but never saw a rating on the D5. Either should be ablet to hold their own against a NovaRossi, even the NS engine (or even the Mugen X12). But, in a real world situation, which of the two engines would be a better choice?

P.S. I knew that last message didn't sound right at I was typing it, but tehre was no other way to put it. I see where you're mind is...
Old 03-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dino.tw
put some paste between the two and move them up and down, rotating the piston as I simulate the stroke of the engine ...

So......is the .21 off road engine long stroke?
Old 03-12-2004, 05:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, pooo....

I need some info regarding distribution in the US. My lhs is supposedly a dealer for TeamCRC, who if you check their website appears to sell STS motors. About 2 weeks ago, I asked them to order me a D3. I was told the order was placed, but they had received no shipping confirmation and have not been successful in contacting Frank or any of the other guys at CRC.

My questions are- Does CRC still sell STS? Is my LHS full of it, and never placed the order? Is Project Zen really the "Exclusive North American Distributor?"

Help!
Old 03-12-2004, 06:02 AM
Tech Champion

www.rc-mushroom.com

Old 03-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

order from crc your self or projectzen
Old 03-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by TambokGT
So......is the .21 off road engine long stroke?
Yes,it's long stroke.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by burger
Well, pooo....

I need some info regarding distribution in the US. My lhs is supposedly a dealer for TeamCRC, who if you check their website appears to sell STS motors. About 2 weeks ago, I asked them to order me a D3. I was told the order was placed, but they had received no shipping confirmation and have not been successful in contacting Frank or any of the other guys at CRC.

My questions are- Does CRC still sell STS? Is my LHS full of it, and never placed the order? Is Project Zen really the "Exclusive North American Distributor?"

Help!
For better service in North American,STS want to operate the U.S marketing directly from 2004. We choice to cooperate with Geoff Young who is the person in charge of Project Zen. We produce for them,they sell for us. You can treat Project Zen as STS North American.

On April 23-25,Project Zen will represent STS to take part in RCX hobby show at the Anaheim convention center.(booth number is #975 ) When that time you can see the newest STS21 engine series. My boss will be there,too. I wish to be there to meet many friends in LA. But I am preparing the FEMCA Cup(May 7-9 in Thailand) and have many testing job....so.....

Any question about STS engine in North American,you can contact with Project Zen directly.You will get fastest respond and best service.The other way is...Yeah~I'm here!
Old 03-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Talked to the guys at CRC and they have D3's in stock. They were very helpful.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, I will order directly from now on. Too bad the LHS has done this again. I think I will just stop going to them. I have time and time again given them a chance to get things right, but it never goes right. My latest order with them yielded only half the parts. Too, bad.

I'm looking forward to the D3.

J
Old 03-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Lord

Last edited by 20 SMOKE; 03-16-2004 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:47 AM

any shop that has a horizon account should be able to get them; burger- if you need a place to get one PM me.

Originally posted by burger
Well, pooo....

Help!
Old 03-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

No need, I know where to get them. I have an email into Project Zen regarding the new cranks, as soon as I hear back from them, I will decide when and where to buy.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 03-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Lord

the d3 is a turbo head is the crank standerd or turbo what does pzen coming out with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.