R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 02-16-2004, 12:08 AM   #346
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunder racer
The crank pin is 4.28mm

And the rod looks about 2 or 3 Thou bigger. when you put it on the Pin and move it around.

Also have a look at the Part that snaped off on the crank its all smooth.
OK!send the crank and conrod to me. I will send new parts to you. I just want to know if the engine problem is not due to mis-use or abuse.

I have told with my boss. He agreed that if the play is not too big between broken crankpin and conrod bushing,we change new parts to you. That is what I can do now.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:36 AM   #347
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
OK!send the crank and conrod to me. I will send new parts to you. I just want to know if the engine problem is not due to mis-use or abuse.

I have told with my boss. He agreed that if the play is not too big between broken crankpin and conrod bushing,we change new parts to you. That is what I can do now.
Well, you may get faulty parts from anywhere these days... It's the customer service that matters I guess. So, well done to STS for keeping the customer service level high!!
STSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 01:47 AM   #348
Tech Addict

Quote:

What Address do i send it to?

yer customer service is important.
Thunder racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 02:21 AM   #349
Nitro Tech

Quote:
What Address do i send it to?yer customer service is important.
Att. Dino Lee
YIEN BONG HARDWARE INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD.
No. 2, Lane 29, Chiungtai Rd.,
Hsinchuang City, Taipei Hsien, 242,
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel: 886-2-8201-7432
Old 02-16-2004, 04:03 AM   #350
Tech Master

Thumbs up to STS! Very good service.

Quote:
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 07:43 PM   #351
Tech Initiate

Default STS AUS distributor

Hi,

On the STS web site there used to be a link to the Australian distributor.? It's not there anymore????

Just wondering the best way to order STS Pro 10 II spare parts? Is there an online store that sells STS parts? Thank you.
STSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 06:06 PM   #352
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

go to http://teamcrc.com hope it helps
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 06:45 PM   #353
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: STS AUS distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by STSDRVR
Hi,

On the STS web site there used to be a link to the Australian distributor.? It's not there anymore????

Just wondering the best way to order STS Pro 10 II spare parts? Is there an online store that sells STS parts? Thank you.
Melbourne Track and Hobby Centre are the outlet for the Australian Distributor. Give them a call on 03 97494977.

Ask for Peter or Mike and tell them DC sent you.

DC
OZDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 12:32 AM   #354
Tech Addict

dino

im sending the Parts 2Mora.

Should be there some time Next week.

Thanks
Thunder racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 04:29 AM   #355
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

any new on that STS .21 off road engine?
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 12:33 PM   #356
Nitro Tech

Dear all STS racers,

I spent some time to research the crankshaft issue those days. There is only one batch as you knew we don't have that big sales. All of those cranks are the same. It confuse me why some racers may have problem with his crankshaft but not everyone. If the crank has fault really,it should be broken when you start the engine at the first time. And to my many experience with this crankshaft,I never have problem with it. But it's my job to find the real reason.

First,I used a big hammer to hit the crankpin. No matter how I beat it,the crankpin still there. After I changed to a biggest hammer(1000...t?),the crankshaft broken in the induction port. It's really hard to believe to me why you can broke the crankpin? It's made by Japanese bearing steel(SUJ2) which is a very strong material.

So I asked 4 A-main racers to test for me because I know if I test it personally,the result is still the same. I didn't tell them what should do or what should not do in advance. Just let them feel that it's a free gift. Those racers spent some time to break in their engine. I just watch beside them and keep crafty smile on my face. First day,there is nothing happened. In the second day,two of those racers started to lose their patience on breaking in. They start to lean their engines. To my observation it was about 10th~12th tank of fuel. One guy's crankpin broke soon and another's later. The other two racer's cranks are still fine. Now I knew why you can break the crankpin finally. Because I usual break-in one engine with 2 liter of fuel so I never meet this problem.

So I have to notify all STS users that;
1)Be patience to break in your engine. Don't lean it before 2L fuel through it.
2)After 2 liter fuel(about 27 tanks/75cc),replace with a new conrod.

If you can follow with my suggestion,your engine will not have any problem. You need about 2 liter fuel through for sure that you can start to lean it. After 2 liter fuel through,let the engine cold down. Take out the glow plug and turn the flywheel by hand, let the piston pass the top dead center in the sleeve. When you don't have any significant friction or just a little snug, you can start leaning the main needle step by step.

We are starting to make the crankshaft softer. If you were unlucky and have problem with your crankshaft already,contact with me by email. I will do my best to help.

Sincerely,

Dino
Old 02-20-2004, 12:36 PM   #357
Nitro Tech

Quote:
dino

im sending the Parts 2Mora.

Should be there some time Next week.

Thanks
OK,please wait for parcel.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:39 PM   #358
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: STS AUS distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by OZDC
Melbourne Track and Hobby Centre are the outlet for the Australian Distributor. Give them a call on 03 97494977.

Ask for Peter or Mike and tell them DC sent you.

DC
Thanks DC.

STSDRVR,
Yes,just call Mike. They don't use internet.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:42 PM   #359
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by TambokGT
any new on that STS .21 off road engine?
Working hard on production.Thanks.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:03 PM   #360
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Dino,

I have lapped my piston before I broke the engine in and had no crankshaft problems so far.

But i think you should probably re-think your tolerance between the piston and sleeve, since two liters of fuel is a real pain in the behind.

Quote:
Dear all STS racers,

I spent some time to research the crankshaft issue those days. There is only one batch as you knew we don't have that big sales. All of those cranks are the same. It confuse me why some racers may have problem with his crankshaft but not everyone. If the crank has fault really,it should be broken when you start the engine at the first time. And to my many experience with this crankshaft,I never have problem with it. But it's my job to find the real reason.

First,I used a big hammer to hit the crankpin. No matter how I beat it,the crankpin still there. After I changed to a biggest hammer(1000...t?),the crankshaft broken in the induction port. It's really hard to believe to me why you can broke the crankpin? It's made by Japanese bearing steel(SUJ2) which is a very strong material.

So I asked 4 A-main racers to test for me because I know if I test it personally,the result is still the same. I didn't tell them what should do or what should not do in advance. Just let them feel that it's a free gift. Those racers spent some time to break in their engine. I just watch beside them and keep crafty smile on my face. First day,there is nothing happened. In the second day,two of those racers started to lose their patience on breaking in. They start to lean their engines. To my observation it was about 10th~12th tank of fuel. One guy's crankpin broke soon and another's later. The other two racer's cranks are still fine. Now I knew why you can break the crankpin finally. Because I usual break-in one engine with 2 liter of fuel so I never meet this problem.

So I have to notify all STS users that;
1)Be patience to break in your engine. Don't lean it before 2L fuel through it.
2)After 2 liter fuel(about 27 tanks/75cc),replace with a new conrod.

If you can follow with my suggestion,your engine will not have any problem. You need about 2 liter fuel through for sure that you can start to lean it. After 2 liter fuel through,let the engine cold down. Take out the glow plug and turn the flywheel by hand, let the piston pass the top dead center in the sleeve. When you don't have any significant friction or just a little snug, you can start leaning the main needle step by step.

We are starting to make the crankshaft softer. If you were unlucky and have problem with your crankshaft already,contact with me by email. I will do my best to help.

Sincerely,

Dino
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote