Wiki Posts
Search

IDM Products?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default idm

well doggy! yo dennis WAZ-UP glad to see u back on planet nitro . lol ,let the nitro flow baby ..
Old 07-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Motorman
WOW
Hope all is well. Wish you a speedy recovery. I took about 9 months off to collect my thoughts and make some personal decisions. But I'm Back
Hey Dennise. I am happy you finaly decided to come back. I knew you can't drop this addiction easy!!!
Best wishes.
Hey guys-you got Dennise back-enjoy!!!!
Give me call please when you have chance.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Hey Dennis PM me when u get a chance
Old 07-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afm
Thank God all is well know. My best theraphy was getting back to driving, since it speeded up the recovery of my coordination and fine sensitivity According to my Doc. it's the fastests and best recovery he's seen in years...so RC is now medically been discovered, jejejejejejeje.

Going to engine matters..I had good results with domed piston, OS TZ head button (less burn room), 8mm bore crank, dished backplate....and now I'm about to experiment with an OS carb (made a reduced teflon insulator to match I.D).

AFM
Hi AFM, i have been running the OS carb on my IDM Evo 3 for some time now. with great results. i turned down the original insulator on the original OS carb to fit the ID. the engine holds tune very well and is very reliable.

Welcome back Dennis i have run alot of fuel in through my EVO 3 , and after last race i pulled it down to inspect things. it still has pinch (when cold) and things are still very good inside. probably around the 7Lts of fuel now, still performs really well. but i also recomend the IDM pipe to match this engine.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

MotorMan YGPM
Old 07-26-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Welcome back Dennis...

Great to see you back doing what you love. Wish you and Phenix all the best in you future endeavours.

BB
Old 07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I finally got a chance to run the IDM .12 with the 2607 pipe and it ran great. motor is very competitive right out of the box. I could make 5 1/2 minutes easy with great top end as well. Car setup on the hand...........not so good.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Das GOOT!

Thanks all. Hope your IDM's treat you well.

See ya in a few days BT
Old 07-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Patto thats great. You might be thinking about a rod soon. I recommend a rod about every 1.5 to 2 gallons. It may still fit tight but fatigue will settle in the beam section. The good thing about the picco cranks is the pin is almost impossible to wear out. Usually by the time you decide to put a rod in other motors the pin is worn so bad its almost a waste of time.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Patto thats great. You might be thinking about a rod soon. I recommend a rod about every 1.5 to 2 gallons. It may still fit tight but fatigue will settle in the beam section. The good thing about the picco cranks is the pin is almost impossible to wear out. Usually by the time you decide to put a rod in other motors the pin is worn so bad its almost a waste of time.
i am on my second conrod , and soon to be 3rd . i will get a new one in it very soon. i also have a run in EVO 2 sitting here as well. i have only ever run the 3 as i thaught it would be a better engine. no sooner had i got the evo 2 the 3 was out
Old 07-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Ray helped a guy with an out of the box motor in canada that was a sled. We made him change the pipe from a skyline to a picco, gear up, and richen the bottom and lean the top and his car instantly became competive engine wise. He had no problem keeping up with the latest JP Novas.
Everytime I hear/read that someone suggests the skyline (for .12's) or the JP pipes for .21... only nasty things come to my mind and mouth. At least, for what it seems for some people is the best pipe for Sirios, OS, Novas and whatever else with a .12 cid (and the worst of all is at the same time the best pipe)
Old 08-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default awesome power

Hey guys, just want to let everyone know, first time out with the motor and was very impressed with the power. If your not sure to take the jump to IDM all I can say is try it youll like it. Great price with great power. Ran the motor with the IDM pipe 2033 and medium header. Thanks Jerry..........you have pm coming soon.....
Old 08-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No problems I am glad that you have had good luck with the engines!!!! The thing that everyone should to keep in mind is that the engine has more power to turn a higher gear for pinions and spurs depending on where you are with ratio's. So what we have found is the the engine likes to use a rather high first gear. maybe a tooth less for 1st because the engine has so much torque. But with the second you can go up a tooth on the pinion to get some more speed out of the motor. It has no problems when you set the 2 speed right. Let the engine come up into the power in first then shift into second. You will find it will swing the larger gear just fine. Short shift will kill the torque as it is not in the power band and gets lugged down. If there are any questions please feel free to email or PM with them.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Where can I purchase the IDM pipe/header....and is tht a good choice for the RedDot? being tht they r timed different.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes you can use the IDM pipe and header combo. It is a picco efra number the one you would like to use is the 2607 set. You can get them directly from Phenix distribution, Team XSPower, and also PNP hobbies in Florida, Kamikaze hobbies in California also stocks the product. Just where you are located is where you can get it faster. If you need PM me and I will get you there phone numbers. Hope it helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.