Wiki Posts
Search

IDM Products?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:01 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xtreme888
Hi... Just came back from the nationals... Engine was running flawless on sat practice and Sunday qualifying.... Came final engine running was not touched since sat. The engine flamed out twice in the my final. Restarted it with the same plug and it finished the race. Anyone experienced this situation or know what the problem is ? The plug was at it optimum by looking and no marks on internal. Top of piston golden brown colour only at center of the piston. Hopefully that rules out lean running.
Picco plug?, or the one that came with the engine?
If Picco, check if first part of wire is still shiny, if not, thats why you have the flame out, mostly happens after refuelling, you really have to blip the throttle while leaving the pits.
Picco plugs don't like running a bit to hot even for a short period, they get damaged then, atleast thats what they did 2 years ago.
I run Sirio plugs, they also glow brighter when you put on the glow starter (lower voltage wire).

Originally Posted by roger999
hi, currently using OS plugs on my Picco .12 evo4, what else i can use? Just in case i can't find OS plugs...
Sirio and GRP is what I use.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M7H
Picco plug?, or the one that came with the engine?
If Picco, check if first part of wire is still shiny, if not, thats why you have the flame out, mostly happens after refuelling, you really have to blip the throttle while leaving the pits.
Picco plugs don't like running a bit to hot even for a short period, they get damaged then, atleast thats what they did 2 years ago.
I run Sirio plugs, they also glow brighter when you put on the glow starter (lower voltage wire).

Sirio and GRP is what I use.

Hi...thinking about it now I didn't have a Picco glow plug I borrowed a new plug that came in a mega clear box of 3.... Hence that could has been the the reason !!!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Second time I have ran the RCW. There were a couple of changes. The new Mugen clutch and an entirely new transmission.
The clutch is sick. Combined with this engine I'm truly blown away. The power band is everywhere. It has forced some set-up changes to the chassis that are all for the good.
Passing in the infield has become a lot easier knowing that I'm sitting on all this bottom and mid rip. It comes on as softly as you want or ya can just yank on the trigger and unleash the beast. It ROCKS!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
Second time I have ran the RCW. There were a couple of changes. The new Mugen clutch and an entirely new transmission.
The clutch is sick. Combined with this engine I'm truly blown away. The power band is everywhere. It has forced some set-up changes to the chassis that are all for the good.
Passing in the infield has become a lot easier knowing that I'm sitting on all this bottom and mid rip. It comes on as softly as you want or ya can just yank on the trigger and unleash the beast. It ROCKS!
Passing in the infield a bit overacting
Old 08-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

anyone know were i can get bearings and a rod for idm rcw
Old 08-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

[email protected]
Old 08-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ugglasdav
If there out of stock u can also go to www.kevcoracing.com same rod as the Torque
Old 08-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ugglasdav
We have them in stock.

www.murnanmodified.com/index.php?cPath=76_118
Old 08-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Grinder

You can't go wrong with Murnan for service. He also has fast shipping.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Murnan Modified IDM .21

My Murnan Modified IDM .21 ran perfect all weekend at the 2011 Great Lakes Challenge. The engine had crazy power, and plenty of runtime. It's hard to ask for anything more. The engine took me to a fourth place finish.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default IDM evo3 .21 need some help

Hello,
When the engine is without the presure line on the pipe it runs great it revs till full rpm at full throtlle .When the engine is at full throtlle with the presure line conected from the pipe to tank it revs till the midle rpms only.
I have tried other fuel line,wit/without exhaust cooler,other fuel tank,other exhaust and new exhaust rubber seals but no result.
Any help appreciated.Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It's too rich. Taking the pressure line off is leaning it out. Put it back on and lean that sucker.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just got a new evo4 nitro r .12 and I cant get the carburator body all the way down into the block , is about 1-2 mm space . Is that nomal?
Old 10-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Condor Speed
I just got a new evo4 nitro r .12 and I cant get the carburator body all the way down into the block , is about 1-2 mm space . Is that nomal?

Is it catching on the o ring inside the crankcase? If not the body of the carb is composite and sometimes we will lightly sand the body to remove any debris on it from the molding process. Also you want to use 1000 or higher grit and just clean the body and when you install it in the case you can also lightly oil it as well before sliding it in. Let me know. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

One of my friends has about a dozen of these Sirio plugs. He Told me these have been in his RC closet for at least 3-6 years.

My Question is does anyone Know if these are the Onroad plugs? and if so were the Quality of these plugs back then any good?

I have a New IDM 21 and need plugs and would rather have Sirio Plugs then Picco.

Thanks for any input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.