R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Can't wait. You have PM.

Thanks bro,
Joe
Old 01-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #32
Tech Master

Got the engine today. It looks awsome. I will break it in tomorrow and run it this weekend and will post how it ran and how I finished Sunday night.

Thanks,
Joe Maxey
Old 01-28-2007, 04:07 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

hey Mark

I just wanted to let you know my massive mods modified tz and fuels won the nitro open a final today at whalan reserve!

thanks heaps!
John
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mark,

Do you mod just parts? (i.e. TZ crankshaft) And how do you feel about putting mod parts in used engines? How about if you don't have the actual engine on hand?

Thanks!
Rainer
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #35
Tech Master

Hey Mark,

Massive Mods X12 walked away with the win in our Lola series pre-race warm-up yesterday. Picked up my best run by 1 lap. Turn a 28 5:06 with a JP t03m and ran a 29 5:03 with a MM X12.

Won by 1 1/2 laps. This MM X12 has unreal mid and top end. It comes off the coner with the best of them and then a mid-range it is just gone( will work on clutch next time to get it off the corners harder). We run a small out door asphalt track (75x45). I would have ran 29 laps if it wasn't for some slower traffic to deal with. Now off to the Regionals for the big test. Will report results soon.

Thanks Mark very much,
Joe Maxey
Old 02-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #36
Tech Master

Hey Maxey !

Thats awesome news man ! Congratulations ! Im sure your driving had something to do with it ! Keep me posted ok !

Cheers !
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
MassiveMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #37
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Mark,

Do you mod just parts? (i.e. TZ crankshaft) And how do you feel about putting mod parts in used engines? How about if you don't have the actual engine on hand?

Thanks!
Rainer

Hey Hawaii

well its tricky to say, i and most modders like to work on new engines, just to avoid getting blamed for a wornm engine blowing a rod because its on its way out and then has to deal with more grunt.. But most people know thats the risk with older motors. So putting new modded parts in older motors.. well you want to have a modded crank without the sleeve being matched then your not making the most of the engine but it will make a difference..

But i have people send me sleeves and cranks all the time , im happy to cut them up for you !

Cheers MM
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
Old 02-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
hey Mark

I just wanted to let you know my massive mods modified tz and fuels won the nitro open a final today at whalan reserve!

thanks heaps!
John
John you champ ! Thanks for running my products bro , youre a credit to rc racing !
Old 02-06-2007, 05:49 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MassiveMods]Hi All

I was asked to post up here to let people know about my services. Ill post some pics of my work.

Dear MassiveMods, ur modification is impressive bro...it definitely spells out power and i mean awesome power..but how much runtime will contribute, as u know i am new in this mod engines and with the current stiff competition, race strategy has becoming more important and runtime has been quite a major issue especially in high level racing...i'd really appreciate if u could give me some feed back on ur mods runtime..TQVM
doc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #40
Tech Master

Is this a loaded qestion ?
Old 03-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #41
Tech Master

Good News

MassiveMods is now the australia national distributor for Go Tech

please all dealer and private enquiries , do not hesitae !

Cheers MM

02 95572770
Old 06-08-2007, 04:26 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Id like to make a note on the scorpion 333 fuel. the first time i used the fuel was the South Australian state titles 1/10th nitro on road. the initital switch i found the engine way boggy and lacked power. a little tuning soon fixed this. i had leaned the top and bottom end quite considerably. it was a bit hard to get used to as the fuel didnt really smoke on the top end. i ran maostly around 200F the whole weekend. unfortunatley, i did not have the fuel available for the next weekend . the WA state titles. i had a hard time tuning my engines after running the Scorpion 333. it was very frustrating weekend. but i later found out the tank was ruptured and causing my tune problems. and i do believe the tank was ruptured in adelaide, but the Scorpion 333 fuel kept things cool and well lubricated, that i think it masked the problem
i am now in the process to use this fuel from now on. very impressed, and inspection after adelaide of teh internals, was like new. a very minor scratch or 2 on the piston , but i think was there before. thanks MM .
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:48 AM   #43
Tech Regular

hi mark can you help me with any information,links or methods on how to determine correct head clerance thx in advance gavin
Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #44
Tech Master

What size engine are you refering to ?

generally speaking

.21 with 25% nitro is .5 total shim 30% nitro .6 to .8

.12 with 16% nitro is .2 to .25 total

Total geometric comp will effect this , obviously if you have a larger turbo dome you can afford to run it a little closer.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #45
Tech Regular

i was refering to the nova plus21-7 but if that general guide is ok then thank you for your advice,btw have you seen mark stringers lastest post on the sunny coast off road tread,hope you can make it