Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

JL Racing .12

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will have a Red Dot on the way within the next week and was wondering what kind of plugs work good in this motor. Price per plug isn't an issue and I will be running 20% Sidewinder.

Also wondering what kind of pipe to use on the engine, get kind of a few different ideas.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cant go wrong with Picco 2607
Old 10-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwalters
I will have a Red Dot on the way within the next week and was wondering what kind of plugs work good in this motor. Price per plug isn't an issue and I will be running 20% Sidewinder.

Also wondering what kind of pipe to use on the engine, get kind of a few different ideas.

Thanks in advance.
mega #7
Old 10-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwalters

Thanks in advance.
As Nitrodude said "can't go wrong with the PICCO 2607 pipe" actually that is the best pipe for the JL Red Dot Engine, as for which Glow plug to use, P6TH PICCO plug are the recommended plugs specially if you are running it with 20% nitro fuel, better hurry stock is getting low.

Originally Posted by CHUCKMANDO
New Red dot on the way. Cannot wait to brake it in and put it to the track on Sat. I will keep the old one for a spare.
This time you should try it with the PICCO 2607 pipe set, which I guarranty that you will say "WOW" everytime you squeeze the throttle trigger.

That is what I hear from Nitrodude everytime he hits the throttle.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm somewhat interested in the red dot for next season but I'd like to know if any dyno data is available. I've observed that many engines are highly regarded by enthusiastic buyers and in the end, it's hard to really compare the characteristics of the engines. Here are my levels of importance, do you think this is a good engine for me?

Price: Low (The importance is low, meaning I'm willing to spend $$)
Reliability: High
Torque: High (Very important on our small track)
Top-End: Low (It's a small track!)
Longevity: Medium
Old 10-03-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arboleda
I'm somewhat interested in the red dot for next season but I'd like to know if any dyno data is available. I've observed that many engines are highly regarded by enthusiastic buyers and in the end, it's hard to really compare the characteristics of the engines. Here are my levels of importance, do you think this is a good engine for me?

Price: Low (The importance is low, meaning I'm willing to spend $$)
Reliability: High
Torque: High (Very important on our small track)
Top-End: Low (It's a small track!)
Longevity: Medium
Top end in the red dot is medium to high. Longevity could be high as well if you change the rod after approximately 2 gallons. It is definitely the engine for you. For low top end, you may want to go with an OS TZ.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone know what are the best pinions and spurs to use on the Xray to get top accelaration on a long straight?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Anyone know what are the best pinions and spurs to use on the Xray to get top accelaration on a long straight?
Gear it high, the JL Red Dot likes to scream, Not sure what gearing the NT 1 have.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Free plug here for Sam at Team Kamikaze, just received my red dot and pipe ordered from him last week. Great service and quick responses to email questions. Looking forward to some spectacular crashes now stepping up into open class. Thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Gear it high, the JL Red Dot likes to scream, Not sure what gearing the NT 1 have.
Word to that!

Just screwing around one weekend, a county sheriff clocked me at 51 mph on my street. I am sure I could have done better but I was running out of real estate and almost hit is squad car! The next week I took it to a LARGE parking lot and let 'er rip! Talk about screaming!! I need to get a cop or a radar gun to that lot. I will post details of car, pipe and gearing later.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Right now I am at 16/21 - 59/54
Old 10-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Um I just want to know if the Ofna JL .12 uses the same piston/sleeve and conrod as the Mega ZX or SP engines?
Also, can a Skyline VR12 PLUS exhaust system fit on the JL .12?
And finally, are the Mega ZX of SP the same as the JL .12 or is there any difference?

luismx123
Old 10-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luismx123
Hi,

Um I just want to know if the Ofna JL .12 uses the same piston/sleeve and conrod as the Mega ZX or SP engines?
Also, can a Skyline VR12 PLUS exhaust system fit on the JL .12?
And finally, are the Mega ZX of SP the same as the JL .12 or is there any difference?

luismx123
Not sure about the piston sleeve fit but the Skyline pipe will fit and it works pretty good. The Mega DSII series and the red dot are about the same I think but they are different from the first gen. zx series. The new ones are stronger, more refined. Check the Serpent web site
Old 10-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow, let me tell you about service. I got my order including my new red dot from Team Kamikaze and let me tell you. 2 days from the west coast to the east coast. Way to go Sam. I will break in tomorrow and run against some good competition on sat. I plan on running 30% again with the mill. It is great watching the faces of others running their expensive engines, while watching out for my Picco. Lol.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CHUCKMANDO
Wow, let me tell you about service. I got my order including my new red dot from Team Kamikaze and let me tell you. 2 days from the west coast to the east coast. Way to go Sam. I will break in tomorrow and run against some good competition on sat. I plan on running 30% again with the mill. It is great watching the faces of others running their expensive engines, while watching out for my Picco. Lol.
Chuckmando,
That is just the beginning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.