Search
Like Tree1Likes

JL Racing .12

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taner
I am runnig with skyline vr 12 plus and using %25 nitro (mugen fuel)
Try a medium Nova Rossi conical header with the VR 12 Plus and you will notice the increase in performance or try the PICCO 2607 and you will definitely feel the difference.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default JLR tuning

Guys, I'm a newbie to Nitro and have this engine installed in my Jammin CRT .5. I am having trouble tuning it though. When I give it full throttle from a standstill it accellerates up to about half way through the rev range and then bogs. If I stay on the gas, sometimes it will cut out completely. If I let off the gas and then slowly increase the throttle it picks up a few more rpm. Is there a baseline where my needles should be set from the fully closed position? Currently running at sea level, with the LSN at 8 turns out, and the main at 4.25 turns out.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by morati
Guys, I'm a newbie to Nitro and have this engine installed in my Jammin CRT .5. I am having trouble tuning it though. When I give it full throttle from a standstill it accellerates up to about half way through the rev range and then bogs. If I stay on the gas, sometimes it will cut out completely. If I let off the gas and then slowly increase the throttle it picks up a few more rpm. Is there a baseline where my needles should be set from the fully closed position? Currently running at sea level, with the LSN at 8 turns out, and the main at 4.25 turns out.
Try richening the HSN 3 hours (that should help). and let us know how it goes.
It sounds lean, judging by the way you explained on how it runs.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_alan
True, but for Joe racer... ie... the average Joe... They should try to stay clear of running any .12 motor near or past 300*... The issue is longivity and running at that temp for any length of time... That motor will not last long at all and that's a fact. $180.00-200.00 may not seem like alot to some, but to other's, is still a great sum of money to see there motor washed out because they ran there motors at 300* and being very pissed at there now lost investment. See you later at the shop... I need to pick up a few things for my 720...

RC_Alan
I've run a lot of motors at 290-300 degrees with no problem and they have been my longest lasting motors. On the other hand I've also overheated a few motors running them at 270 deg.

So it just tells you to not base everything on the "all important" temperature. If anything, just make sure you see lots of smoke coming out of the exhaust and a normal idle, then you are safe from ruining your motor.

I would have figured you know that...
Old 06-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I've run a lot of motors at 290-300 degrees with no problem and they have been my longest lasting motors. On the other hand I've also overheated a few motors running them at 270 deg.

So it just tells you to not base everything on the "all important" temperature. If anything, just make sure you see lots of smoke coming out of the exhaust and a normal idle, then you are safe from ruining your motor.

I would have figured you know that...
Read the first sentence of my last post again... The first word is "True"... I also said Joe racer/the average Joe... ie.. He may not have the best tune on is motor and at 300* may blow/wash out his motor... I thought I made myself very clear... Every motor is not the same and while one may run great at 300* another may have top performance at 250*... I know I made myself clear on that... If you think not, then go back and read it again... Read the post you wish to commit on clearly before you choose to stick you foot in your mouth. I would have figured you knew that as well... .02

RC_Alan
Old 06-28-2007, 04:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Default JL

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Try a medium Nova Rossi conical header with the VR 12 Plus and you will notice the increase in performance or try the PICCO 2607 and you will definitely feel the difference.
Thnx for advise. I'll try this.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Try richening the HSN 3 hours (that should help). and let us know how it goes.
It sounds lean, judging by the way you explained on how it runs.
Thanks for the advice! I tried it today without success. I went 6 hours rich and 6 hours lean, one hour at a time and nothing worked.
I would like it to run like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQE2Sfa1aVY
Right now its not even within 50% of that.......
Maybe time to go brushless!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Just out of curiousity how long is your fuel feed line and exhaust pressure line?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default JL red dot

Hi team kamikaze,

What for a break in do you prefer for the JL red dot. I have a new piston/sleeve want now what the best methode for this engine is.

Thnx
Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Taner
Hi team kamikaze,

What for a break in do you prefer for the JL red dot. I have a new piston/sleeve want now what the best methode for this engine is.

Thnx
This is how I do it:
1st tank let it Idle, when done then let it cool down with the piston on the bottom
2nd tank 1/2 throttle on a very rich setting
3rd to 6th tank full throttle on a very rich setting
You don't have to turn it off from 2nd tank and up
7th tank run it on the track and start leaning it out 1 hour at a time per tank, until optimum tuning is achieved.
Hope this helps.

www.kamikazercracing.com
Old 06-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Just out of curiousity how long is your fuel feed line and exhaust pressure line?
Fuel feed line = 8.5 inches
Exhaust pressure line = 5.5 inches
Should the pressure line be longer?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Fuel feed line = 8.5 inches
Exhaust pressure line = 5.5 inches
Should the pressure line be longer?
Those lenght seems to be okay.
I remember you having a problem before, did you fix the problem from before?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Those lenght seems to be okay.
I remember you having a problem before, did you fix the problem from before?
Yup!
Old 06-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Yup!
Try 4.5 to 5 turns out from fully closed on the HSN.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Try 4.5 to 5 turns out from fully closed on the HSN.
Just tried it. 5 turns out was much better. It still bogs, but not nearly as much as before. Probably good enough to take it to the track where I can get some of the locals to help "fine" tune it from here. Thankyou, Samuel!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.